Fellowship after graduation

Started by dzaRX
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hope you have spending your time out of school working on/acquiring skills that are desirable to the sponsor companies. I would strongly advise to look for contract work as opposed to a fellowship. Then there's the 1000 new grads to compete with. "I wonder how many kiddies gonna be line this year" last yr ~ 600 :whoa:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hope you have spending your time out of school working on/acquiring skills that are desirable to the sponsor companies. I would strongly advise to look for contract work as opposed to a fellowship. Then there's the 1000 new grads to compete with. "I wonder how many kiddies gonna be line this year" last yr ~ 600 :whoa:

Could you explain what you mean by contract work? I have heard that term used in reference to industry but I'm not sure what that means or what position that would be? Are you talking about being a drug rep?
 
Could you explain what you mean by contract work? I have heard that term used in reference to industry but I'm not sure what that means or what position that would be? Are you talking about being a drug rep?

Contract work refers to working as a contractor indefinitely or temporarily for a company. Alot of job listings will say 6+ month contracting opportunity. After not getting a fellowship I became a contractor, the position was originally 6 months (however I was aware they could extend me), I was extended and worked 9 months total before finding a full time job.

You dont get benefits working as a contractor, however the contracting company you work for might offer services in exchange for part of your salary. My salary was 60,000 so I decided against that. It can be any job in industry, not just drug rep.
 
Contract work refers to working as a contractor indefinitely or temporarily for a company. Alot of job listings will say 6+ month contracting opportunity. After not getting a fellowship I became a contractor, the position was originally 6 months (however I was aware they could extend me), I was extended and worked 9 months total before finding a full time job.

You dont get benefits working as a contractor, however the contracting company you work for might offer services in exchange for part of your salary. My salary was 60,000 so I decided against that. It can be any job in industry, not just drug rep.

can you recommend me any contractor for entry level positions in regulatory affairs?