Few Days Out, Questions to Do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FML

Seriously
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

So Im a few days out from my exam and I've been going over my UWorld incorrects, and probably have about 300 left. My problem is that I can generally remember the right answer to a question just from recognizing the question and can therefore get 80% on these incorrect only q sets without even trying.

Now I'm wondering since I already annotated my wrong questions into FA (hence the recall of questions) would it be more beneficial for me to do questions I haven't seen before in another qbank (I have both Kaplan and Rx) or continue to finish these UWorld q's?

Just for the record, I'm finishing up my 4th pass thru FA and I'm not the take-it-easy-before-the-test kinda person so I def want to do questions, I'm just not sure which q would be the best use of my time at this point.

Thanks in advance for your input!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey y'all,

So Im a few days out from my exam and I've been going over my UWorld incorrects, and probably have about 300 left. My problem is that I can generally remember the right answer to a question just from recognizing the question and can therefore get 80% on these incorrect only q sets without even trying.

Now I'm wondering since I already annotated my wrong questions into FA (hence the recall of questions) would it be more beneficial for me to do questions I haven't seen before in another qbank (I have both Kaplan and Rx) or continue to finish these UWorld q's?

Just for the record, I'm finishing up my 4th pass thru FA and I'm not the take-it-easy-before-the-test kinda person so I def want to do questions, I'm just not sure which q would be the best use of my time at this point.

I basically need the exact same advice that you are looking for...

At this point I just plan on flying (pretty much only reading the very bottom line) through the UW questions, then moving on to new Q's.

I think it's fairly unanimous that it's best practice to end on UWorld due to the overwhelming # of people who have said the Step is just like UWorld but slightly easier.

I would ordinarily say that the last two weeks should be all FA, but if you insist on additional Qs and you haven't already finished UWorld, then just get through them super-fast, super-vigilantly.

And, auburnO5, how far out from your exam are you?

Hey y'all,

I am doing the same thing, but instead when i read a question i don't look at answer choices or cover choices with sticky note, and then try come with Dx etc. It not only helps me with differential, but also Rx for that Dx etc etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am doing the same thing, but instead when i read a question i don't look at answer choices or cover choices with sticky note, and then try come with Dx etc. It not only helps me with differential, but also Rx for that Dx etc etc.

I tried doing this in the beginning but my knowledge of the answer skewed my thinking. I can't fool my brain! :laugh: I do try and read the explanation if it's a particularly convoluted question but yea, I'm going through them super quickly and prolly gonna do some Rx questions on hard or Kaplan high yield starting tomorrow.

Speaking of, which do y'all think is better: Rx on hard (I glanced at the other thread on this... eek) or Kaplan on high yield? I would be doing both on random timed.

Last edited:
I tried doing this in the beginning but my knowledge of the answer skewed my thinking. I can't fool my brain! :laugh: I do try and read the explanation if it's a particularly convoluted question but yea, I'm going through them super quickly and prolly gonna do some Rx questions on hard or Kaplan high yield starting tomorrow.

Speaking of, which do y'all think is better: Rx on hard (I glanced at the other thread on this... eek) or Kaplan on high yield? I would be doing both on random timed.

Lol ok. I haven't used Usmle Rx qbank but it won't hurt you since you will reinforcing what you are learning from FA. I did kaplan qbank Demo version, i did't really like it ( but that is just me ). Also have you tried student consult qbank?

Hey y'all,

I had the same issue...my exam is in a few days, so I just bought the Uworld assessment exams and did those...that's almost 400 new questions that you cant cheat on....its worked for me so far, and highlighted weak areas before test...that would be MY advice

or an NBME

Lol ok. I haven't used Usmle Rx qbank but it won't hurt you since you will reinforcing what you are learning from FA. I did kaplan qbank Demo version, i did't really like it ( but that is just me ). Also have you tried student consult qbank?

I haven't even heard of that, lol. Any good?

I had the same issue...my exam is in a few days, so I just bought the Uworld assessment exams and did those...that's almost 400 new questions that you cant cheat on....its worked for me so far, and highlighted weak areas before test...that would be MY advice

or an NBME

Sound advice! but I already did the two UWSA and I juuust took an NBME yesterday actually. I'm not really sure what to make of it because percentage correct-wise I did alright but that curve (%right translated to an actual score) was horrendous! I hope the real thing doesn't grade like that :scared:

I haven't even heard of that, lol. Any good?

Sound advice! but I already did the two UWSA and I juuust took an NBME yesterday actually. I'm not really sure what to make of it because percentage correct-wise I did alright but that curve (%right translated to an actual score) was horrendous! I hope the real thing doesn't grade like that :scared:

I did that during ms2 it was free qbank with rapid review path. It was good.

I did that during ms2 it was free qbank with rapid review path. It was good.

ohhh right, I did a few questions of that one way back. I did mostly Kaplan throughout the year. Does it just reinforce Goljan or is it good for some usmle-like questions?

btw: in reference to your name, jatt as in jatt sikh? if so, me too!