Fight For The Profession: Tres, By Jet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
militarymd said:
I'm sure you're more fit than me....spending all that time on your knees dumping urine, and getting up from your stool to move the bed.

I'll work on cutting back on the donuts and coffee.

As for supervising, I guess your idea of supervising and mine are different. I guess the way you supervise, it would be an easy job.

Unfortunately, Medicare rules do not describe supervising the way you do, and it is harder because I'm managing 4 patients at one time, not dumping the urine of one.

Uhh, David,

if you need some wash done, you can scrub your shirts on Mil's abs. :laugh:
 
davvid2700 said:
Then you were way behind. Most people "start" to learn to be a good physician when they first leave medical school..

Gotta chime in.

I finished my residency competent. I could do cases well, from gallbladders to CABGs.

I knew nothing of OR and practice management, the former being a huge part of an anesthesiologists job, if the OR is to run efficiently.

I learned the management stuff in a busy private practice. I learned how to hasten my procedures, how to plan ahead, how to predict conflicts. I learned how to run "the board" in a manner that kept things flowing. All this takes 1-2-3 years to learn to do well.
 
davvid2700 said:
dude

you havent met some of the shady ass folks i met on the interview trail.

I doubt highly that guy was waiting for my phone call.

I know a friend of mine who applied for a job out in southern california.. Really desirable group to go to. SHe is a great anesthesiologist, fellowship trained. SO she interviewed with them. SHe is not the greatest interviewer because she says what she thinks too much/ "Like me". thats why we're friends. Anyway they called around for references. But they are sneaky. They dont call the people you put down as references. They call ORs randomly where you worked and ask random people about you. surgeons etc. So they get a hold of a random attending in our residency who didnt like her. Had nothing to do with clinical stuff at all. Just thought she was too outspoken. He says something like," She is too aggressive" or something like that. Guess what, they email her( dont even call her and talk to her personally) and say you know we have been interviewing other people and stuff so those people decided to take the job.. talk about beating around the bush. I would have confronted her saying Look, this guy said this about you is this true etc etc etc.. " we want to hire you but this is concerning". that would earn my respect. SO dont tell me how to handle these guys who are hiring because they are just people looking to hire people who they think they will like not someone who is actually the most competent. I didnt have a problem not being competely forthcoming at all.. In this business, its always, " what can i do for me?" because if you dont think like that you are going to get screwed big time.


When I interviewed for my first job out of residency, my group called the PACU at the University to talk to the Rn's. They asked about my wakeups, personality, did my pts have complications, were thye in pain, and everything else they could think of. I thought this was a great idea and I have incorporated this aspect of the interview process in my current job. i speak to admin, surgeons and RN's. I want ot know what I am getting. If you talk to alot of these people then you eill get the more true answer. Sure someone may have it out for yo but that should be one or two folks and not the majority. If there is a few poor comments then you have to weigh them and try to figure out the true story. The more you talk with the people the applicant works witht he better you idea of that candidate will be. Don't think ot it as a sly backdoor approach to interviewing.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Noyac said:
When I interviewed for my first job out of residency, my group called the PACU at the University to talk to the Rn's. They asked about my wakeups, personality, did my pts have complications, were thye in pain, and everything else they could think of. I thought this was a great idea and I have incorporated this aspect of the interview process in my current job. i speak to admin, surgeons and RN's. I want ot know what I am getting. If you talk to alot of these people then you eill get the more true answer. Sure someone may have it out for yo but that should be one or two folks and not the majority. If there is a few poor comments then you have to weigh them and try to figure out the true story. The more you talk with the people the applicant works witht he better you idea of that candidate will be. Don't think ot it as a sly backdoor approach to interviewing.


umm it is sneaky whether its right or not. I think its even illegal based on labor laws if really wanna get down to it. SO is the following question, " so do you plan on starting a family? or do you have kids? (to a female applicant). If you are female and are asked this question by a group or any potential employer, (contact your lawyer if they dont offer you the job) You shouldnt be calling around and talking to pacu nurses to base your decision. That would have made me annoyed and prob wouldnt have taken the job because of this. next are you going to call the House keeping department to see how neat the physician is.. Make a few phone calls to superiors designated by the applicant, check the databank, make sure he or she is not a drug user.. or if he was he is over it. and make your decision.. Not that hard.. I hired a guy this summer right out of residency. I met with him, he seemed like a great guy, i offered him the job right on the spot. didnt even bother checking references. Hes been awesome.
 
davvid2700 said:
umm it is sneaky whether its right or not. I think its even illegal based on labor laws if really wanna get down to it. SO is the following question, " so do you plan on starting a family? or do you have kids? (to a female applicant). If you are female and are asked this question by a group or any potential employer, (contact your lawyer if they dont offer you the job) You shouldnt be calling around and talking to pacu nurses to base your decision. That would have made me annoyed and prob wouldnt have taken the job because of this. next are you going to call the House keeping department to see how neat the physician is.. Make a few phone calls to superiors designated by the applicant, check the databank, make sure he or she is not a drug user.. or if he was he is over it. and make your decision.. Not that hard.. I hired a guy this summer right out of residency. I met with him, he seemed like a great guy, i offered him the job right on the spot. didnt even bother checking references. Hes been awesome.

My boss hired him.. but i had a significant input into it.. We did not even check references
 
I appreciate your answers, and those are things I'm learning.

However there are still questions we all need to answer:

Since the public really does not understand what anesthesia entails or whether or not a CRNA/MD is doing their case - does it matter?

Do we as MDs need to educate them? If so how?

To all who read and reply- if you were having a procedure who would be doing your anesthesia (honestly)?
 
So, I only supervised 3 rooms today....kind of a slow day. Between starting cases, and preops, I performed 3 interscalene blocks for shoulder surgeries, one femoral nerve block for a total knee....2 epidurals for labor .....one for a lady with a HUGE VSD....

Did a bunch of administrative stuff.....credentialled a radiologist and a gi guy for moderate sedation....

Missed lunch.......ortho guy called me to about a patient being cancelled at the surgery center by a competing anesthesia group...we talk....so we get the patient over to us....

Finally sit down to check my favorite forum....and guess what I find....the Great d2700 has posted 10 messages already....

I wonder if he played with himself too....

I wish I had time to find more of his posts with silly/funny things that he says....gotta to go back to work.
 
davvid2700 said:
umm it is sneaky whether its right or not. I think its even illegal based on labor laws if really wanna get down to it. SO is the following question, " so do you plan on starting a family? or do you have kids? (to a female applicant). If you are female and are asked this question by a group or any potential employer, (contact your lawyer if they dont offer you the job) You shouldnt be calling around and talking to pacu nurses to base your decision. That would have made me annoyed and prob wouldnt have taken the job because of this. next are you going to call the House keeping department to see how neat the physician is.. Make a few phone calls to superiors designated by the applicant, check the databank, make sure he or she is not a drug user.. or if he was he is over it. and make your decision.. Not that hard.. I hired a guy this summer right out of residency. I met with him, he seemed like a great guy, i offered him the job right on the spot. didnt even bother checking references. Hes been awesome.


All a matter of personal opinion. I tell the applicant that we would like to contact a few of these folks and ask if its ok by them. Universally it has been fine. No complaints. You and I have a different way of looking at things, which is ok. But I would rather a group call these people on my behalf. It can only help my application in my opinion. If you give me a hard time about calling them then I think yo got something to hide. I may miss out on some star candidate but I'll take my chances. Its worked great so far.

Another difference of opinions b/w us is the questions asked by an interviewer. If I was a woman and they didn't want someone that was planning to have babies in the near future and this were my plans, then I wouldn't want to work for them. They would only make things more difficult for me and I would probably be looking for another job in the near future. I wouldn't consider sueing just b/c they asked even if it were my right. It frivolus IMHO.
 
militarymd said:
So, I only supervised 3 rooms today....kind of a slow day. Between starting cases, and preops, I performed 3 interscalene blocks for shoulder surgeries, one femoral nerve block for a total knee....2 epidurals for labor .....one for a lady with a HUGE VSD....

Did a bunch of administrative stuff.....credentialled a radiologist and a gi guy for moderate sedation....

Missed lunch.......ortho guy called me to about a patient being cancelled at the surgery center by a competing anesthesia group...we talk....so we get the patient over to us....

Finally sit down to check my favorite forum....and guess what I find....the Great d2700 has posted 10 messages already....

I wonder if he played with himself too....

I wish I had time to find more of his posts with silly/funny things that he says....gotta to go back to work.

Military,

Your series of posts certainly sounds like you're selling out the profession. Although I agree with us managing CRNA's, a lot of your reasons and the way you practice certainly aren't the way I would. I certinally hope you weren't further leading to the deterioration of our profession by credentionaling a radiologist and a GI guy to use propofol.
 
Did the bean counter give you dinero for credentialing the GI and X-ray dudes? Worth at least a $1000.00 for each. Ya gotta get brutal for ya money! ---Zip
 
jetproppilot said:
snip.....

I've got a CRNA in my group, D270000, that I guarantee drives a Tuohy better than you.

And putting my money where my mouth is, David Kalil CRNA and I will do my wife's C section in March...and he will be driving the needle.

He drives a Tuohy better than most MDs I've worked with.
.[/B]

Thank you, thank you, thank you very much ..... I humbly take a tiny bit of credit, resulting from his student time with me at HPL Hospital when I was staff there. Please tell him hello and best of luck on the c/sec.

JPP, don't know if you recall, but when you and I were at Children's Hospital in 1994, David was in PACU there. Prior to that he was the private first assist RN with one of the Tulane neurosurgeons when I was in the OR there (1991-92). Our paths seem to keep crossing.
 
davvid2700 said:
military md,

you are just pissed at me because i think you are drink cofee, sit in the office and surf the internet for porn. which you do.


The job you do would be much harder for me because I am a "control freak". I need to have control of everything that is going on with the patient down to the last drop of fluid. I dont like surprises.. Its easier for you because you are a lazy sloth who likes sitting on his ass all day. But my job is physically more demanding.. stop trying to turn the tables around. you know what i mean.

Its hard for me to review medical records because i cant ******* i n g decipher what the **** people are writing. I can make out every third word.

yeah it is entertaining how you are trying to turn the table on me are you a lawyer or something.

Is this the same thread JPP started? Seems to have taken a detour somewhere. Are detour filters and/or thread diversion ramps available to the forum administrators?
 
militarymd said:
So, I only supervised 3 rooms today....kind of a slow day. Between starting cases, and preops, I was pooped with all that walking back from room to room so I quickly went to the office to have a few donuts and washed it down with a mocha java. After that I had to go to the bathroom so i went in there and did my business. Next thing you know they are paging me about some lady in labor wiht a vsd. No worries. That lady got an epidural despite her vsd. I gotta get the obstetricians credentialed in this epidural stuff.
Did a bunch of administrative stuff.( pleasured myself, changed the battery in my pager, asked the head nurse for a hummer but she wasnt feeling good this morning so i got one from the crna) ....credentialled a radiologist and a gi guy for moderate sedation....(one less thing for me to worry about) i hate the gi suite and even worse those aneurysm coilings. SO if those guys could do it; where do i sign off on it.

Missed lunch. with the viagra rep. (darn) so i had to go to the cafeteria and have a daily helping of the sloppy joes when the ....ortho guy called me to about a patient being cancelled at the surgery center by a competing anesthesia group...we talk....so we get the patient over to us... and the crna does the case while i still eat in the cafeteria. .

Finally sit down to check my favorite forum....and guess what I find....the Great d2700 has posted 10 messages already.... man he is so prolific. never mind he was on call last night and did 2 csections (one for twins), and a hemi arthroplasty of hip

I wonder if he played with himself too.... most likely he doesnt have time during the day usually.

I wish I had time to find more of his posts with silly/funny things that he says....gotta to go pleasure myself. see ya
.

wow what a great day. way to go mil..
 
My partner at one time never put me in charge of hiring docs or CRNAs. Hell, if you inquired about the job, spoke a couple of coherent English sentences and had a heartbeat I'd hire you in a minute. Phuck it, let the surgeons and ancillary staff weed out the chafe. My partner would mentally masturbate over these new hires for days on end as he was from the North where they are about 1 standard deviation above the Southerners on the IQ bell curve. He'd check references, board scores, call PDs, run background checks and all kinds of crazy anal shiit. Hey Mick, just get me a warm body that can bang and turn a case... Regards, ---Zip
 
zippy2u said:
Hey Mick, just get me a warm body that can bang and turn a case... Regards, ---Zip


That's all there is to it. No need to get mentally irregular over it. Thanks zippy.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Noyac said:
Another difference of opinions b/w us is the questions asked by an interviewer. If I was a woman and they didn't want someone that was planning to have babies in the near future and this were my plans, then I wouldn't want to work for them. They would only make things more difficult for me and I would probably be looking for another job in the near future. I wouldn't consider sueing just b/c they asked even if it were my right. It frivolus IMHO.

You and I do differ because I realize that is is "ILLEGAL" to deny a woman a job because she is planning on starting a family, whether she wants to work for you or not. SHe has a right to work for you or the hospital that the group is servicing. If you make employment decisions based on her plans to start her family and it can be proven I would not want financial stakes in your group in that you will be paying some serious cash not to mention have to answer to the administration and the EEOC(federal government).

ANd it is not frivolous lawsuit even if she did not want to work for them because the group is discriminating against her and probably others based on her pregnancy or soon to become. Would you want people who discrininated based on race or sex alone to be uncovered? same thing
 
davvid2700 said:
You and I do differ because I realize that is is "ILLEGAL" to deny a woman a job because she is planning on starting a family, whether she wants to work for you or not. SHe has a right to work for you or the hospital that the group is servicing. If you make employment decisions based on her plans to start her family and it can be proven I would not want financial stakes in your group in that you will be paying some serious cash not to mention have to answer to the administration and the EEOC(federal government).

ANd it is not frivolous lawsuit even if she did not want to work for them because the group is discriminating against her and probably others based on her pregnancy or soon to become. Would you want people who discrininated based on race or sex alone to be uncovered? same thing


I never stated that I wouldn't hire a woman on these terms. If that is what you understood then you need to read my post again. And you are discriminating against whoever it is that you do not hire. Whether it be for board scores, sex, race, program, personality, etc. You must discriminate in some way in order to choose someone. Its just that some forms of discrimination really get peoples attention.

PS: I ain't offering stakes to you, no how.
 
Noyac said:
I never stated that I wouldn't hire a woman on these terms. If that is what you understood then you need to read my post again. And you are discriminating against whoever it is that you do not hire. Whether it be for board scores, sex, race, program, personality, etc. You must discriminate in some way in order to choose someone. Its just that some forms of discrimination really get peoples attention.

PS: I ain't offering stakes to you, no how.

Noyac,
I think I said earlier that he doesn't read posts and he doesn't answer questions...just spouts his ideas of what is RIGHT.....I'll bet he is a left wing liberal democrat.
 
Noyac said:
I never stated that I wouldn't hire a woman on these terms. If that is what you understood then you need to read my post again. And you are discriminating against whoever it is that you do not hire. Whether it be for board scores, sex, race, program, personality, etc. You must discriminate in some way in order to choose someone. Its just that some forms of discrimination really get peoples attention.

PS: I ain't offering stakes to you, no how.

I never said that you personally are participating in this practice.
i understand where you are coming from. You are just saying the woman should just go elsewhere and let it be. Im saying well, not so fast. If the woman finds out what the group or entity is up to it is basically her obligation to file suit. It may be something she chooses not to do, but it certainly is not frivolous. I didnt make the rules of this country up I just abide by them and most of them are in place for a reason.
 
Posted previously by MilitaryMD
As a minority who has been HARMED by affirmative action, I know what it is and why it is unfair to people who actually have credentials earned via hard work and diligence.


So are you the only mexican, native american or black anesthesiologist practicing in alabama?
 
I wouldnt mind hearing the answer either military. GOod job tough in bringing back that post i forgot about that one. he never explained why he is against affirmative action..

He doesnt like pregnant women in his group. hates affirmative action.. loves crnas.. hey are you related to ted nugent?
 
Noyac said:
. And you are discriminating against whoever it is that you do not hire. Whether it be for board scores, sex, race, program, personality, etc. You must discriminate in some way in order to choose someone. Its just that some forms of discrimination really get peoples attention.


yes you discriminate when hiring. You discriminate based on abilities and ability to do the job, period. If you factor anything else in you are not the clearest thinking individual. I dont see how sex, race, board scores, personality(within reason) has anything to do with how you perform your duties.
 
davvid2700 said:
I wouldnt mind hearing the answer either military. GOod job tough in bringing back that post i forgot about that one. he never explained why he is against affirmative action..

He doesnt like pregnant women in his group. hates affirmative action.. loves crnas.. hey are you related to ted nugent?

I think he is lying about being a minority. On a previous pic of his torso where he is holding a glass of whisky, he looked white as hell to me.

To be PC, I have to also include gay as minority so I will add that to my "are you black, mexican, or native american" question.
 
toughlife said:
I think he is lying about being a minority. On a previous pic of his torso where he is holding a glass of whisky, he looked white as hell to me.

.

He's a drinker.. I wonder if the administration of the hospital where he works knows he drinks.. Interesting..
 
mountaindew2006 said:
thanks dude.

It's guys like you who I wish would step up and help us confront the issue. I think you are right...if you fling enough mud ...it'll stick. let's stop letting the CRNAs toss the mud

I'm with ya brother.Lets do this,for real. You are the man that is going to get some heads turning, I know this. We need petitions. We need funds to make things happen and start things rolling

If anyone here has webpage skills, we couldset up a site,with the consent and name of something like the ASA so that people will trust it.

Fellow Anesthesiologist will see this websight, and because we all want to do something about this, and because it would be so EASY to press a button and send in a petition, donate $20 they will do it.

This Is What We Need. Activism. I in.

Strap on a pair fellas
 
miamidc said:
I'm with ya brother.Lets do this,for real. You are the man that is going to get some heads turning, I know this. We need petitions. We need funds to make things happen and start things rolling

If anyone here has webpage skills, we couldset up a site,with the consent and name of something like the ASA so that people will trust it.

Fellow Anesthesiologist will see this websight, and because we all want to do something about this, and because it would be so EASY to press a button and send in a petition, donate $20 they will do it.

This Is What We Need. Activism. I in.

Strap on a pair fellas


Sign me up!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
toughlife said:
Posted previously by MilitaryMD



So are you the only mexican, native american or black anesthesiologist practicing in alabama?

I'm Asian, and I'm all for level playing fields for everyone. Unfortunately, AA is something that left wingers have come up with that really doesn't level the playing field.

AA raises the bar for some, and lowers it for others.

I've been victim of AA....I was blatantly told at an interview at Harvard medical school (1988)...."it will be harder for you to get in because you are Asian"....or something like that.

My uncle, an electrical engineer prof, at a small university in Ohio....told by the department head..behind closed doors...."we cannot hire anymore Asians...we need more more real 'minorities'..." ...or something to that effect.

While in college, I was told by a professor that I worked for (part-time) doing lab work...."I 'm not allowed to hire guys like you....hard workers...but I have to pick 'minorities'.....militarymd...YOU don't count because you are over repressented....

So, yes, I'm absolutely against AA....judge individuals by their ability to perform, their ability to come to work and stay at work....regardless of color, sex, etc.

If I have a homosexual black guy with a good history vs a gal who plans on getting pregnant and breast feeding vs d2700.....

I would pick the gay black guy...any day.
 
davvid2700 said:
yes you discriminate when hiring. You discriminate based on abilities and ability to do the job, period. If you factor anything else in you are not the clearest thinking individual. I dont see how sex, race, board scores, personality(within reason) has anything to do with how you perform your duties.


The pregnant gal who wants to breast feed....

1) need time off....less time a work
2) need time to pump breast.. less time at work
3) will likely need time to take kids to doctor etc....less time at work.

So, by definition, they are less able to work....at least if you're looking a availability....
 
militarymd said:
I'm Asian, and I'm all for level playing fields for everyone. Unfortunately, AA is something that left wingers have come up with that really doesn't level the playing field.

AA raises the bar for some, and lowers it for others.

I've been victim of AA....I was blatantly told at an interview at Harvard medical school (1988)...."it will be harder for you to get in because you are Asian"....or something like that.

My uncle, an electrical engineer prof, at a small university in Ohio....told by the department head..behind closed doors...."we cannot hire anymore Asians...we need more more real 'minorities'..." ...or something to that effect.

While in college, I was told by a professor that I worked for (part-time) doing lab work...."I 'm not allowed to hire guys like you....hard workers...but I have to pick 'minorities'.....militarymd...YOU don't count because you are over repressented....

So, yes, I'm absolutely against AA....judge individuals by their ability to perform, their ability to come to work and stay at work....regardless of color, sex, etc.

If I have a homosexual black guy with a good history vs a gal who plans on getting pregnant and breast feeding vs d2700.....

I would pick the gay black guy...any day.

Fair enough. If the hiring/school admissions process was truly, truly open to hiring the best, brightest and most qualified, there would be nothing but asians and east indians in the work place. IMHO they are the most qualified people I know and have worked with.
 
miamidc said:
I'm with ya brother.Lets do this,for real. You are the man that is going to get some heads turning, I know this. We need petitions. We need funds to make things happen and start things rolling

If anyone here has webpage skills, we couldset up a site,with the consent and name of something like the ASA so that people will trust it.

Fellow Anesthesiologist will see this websight, and because we all want to do something about this, and because it would be so EASY to press a button and send in a petition, donate $20 they will do it.

This Is What We Need. Activism. I in.

Strap on a pair fellas

sign me up pronto as well.. ill donate 50 bucks.. prob even more.
 
militarymd said:
I'm Asian, and I'm all for level playing fields for everyone. Unfortunately, AA is something that left wingers have come up with that really doesn't level the playing field.

AA raises the bar for some, and lowers it for others.

I've been victim of AA....I was blatantly told at an interview at Harvard medical school (1988)...."it will be harder for you to get in because you are Asian"....or something like that.

My uncle, an electrical engineer prof, at a small university in Ohio....told by the department head..behind closed doors...."we cannot hire anymore Asians...we need more more real 'minorities'..." ...or something to that effect.

While in college, I was told by a professor that I worked for (part-time) doing lab work...."I 'm not allowed to hire guys like you....hard workers...but I have to pick 'minorities'.....militarymd...YOU don't count because you are over repressented....

So, yes, I'm absolutely against AA....judge individuals by their ability to perform, their ability to come to work and stay at work....regardless of color, sex, etc.

If I have a homosexual black guy with a good history vs a gal who plans on getting pregnant and breast feeding vs d2700.....

I would pick the gay black guy...any day.

IM a "white boy" and I think I understand the affirmative action issue better than you and you consider yourself a minority.

DOnt think of it as raising the bar or lowering the bar, think of it as an opportunity to truly integrate society. Sure it has its problems but its prob the best way that we will achieve that goal in like 100 years. Maybe in 100 years it wont be necessary but right now it is still necessary. Cmon any clear thinking educated individual can understand that. asians are not considered under represented minorities. The under represented groups are the native americans, the black americans and the main land puerto ricans. I didnt make this up, I didnt invent it, I just live with it dude.

The government is charged with ensuring that organizations are doing their part in ensuring that equal opportunity exists. Towards that end, they have to go to the places that receive federal aid and tell them," hey listen you have to be hiring a certain amount of women, native americans, black americans and main land puerto ricans or you will not be receiving the millions and millions of dollars that we give you as aid. So if you dont like what you were told military and you dont agree with this you dont have to work for any employer that tries to ensure equal opportunity. Private organizations i dont believe are held to this standard in that the government cannot intervene. Unless of course break the law and take into consideration someones race, sex into consideration for employment and then they are breaking the law. And if you dont like that you can always leave the country and go back to asia or any other country that does not ensure equal opportunity. I didnt mean that as a slight but im being very serious. Here in america as sullied as our history is I like the way our laws are made. we may not always follow it, but at least we are trying.
 
militarymd said:
The pregnant gal who wants to breast feed....

1) need time off....less time a work
2) need time to pump breast.. less time at work
3) will likely need time to take kids to doctor etc....less time at work.

So, by definition, they are less able to work....at least if you're looking a availability....



MIlitary,

stop talking!! do you think before you say things? you have absolutely no cortical inhibition.

THe above post clearly tells me that you practice discriminatory hiring practices. Dont say where you work or anything because i dont wanna know. You can get into big trouble dude not to mention its wrong.
 
You 're right....the laws are to integrate society....by lowering the bar for some and raising it for others.

It is clear as day.

So, tell me, when do we level the playing field?

When do we decide that society is integrated enough?

Who decides the quotas?

You, me, the underrepresented minorities????

Just level the playing field.
 
davvid2700 said:
MIlitary,

stop talking!! do you think before you say things? you have absolutely no cortical inhibition.

THe above post clearly tells me that you practice discriminatory hiring practices. Dont say where you work or anything because i dont wanna know. You can get into big trouble dude not to mention its wrong.


I call a spade, a spade. You don't have to if you don't want to.
 
davvid2700 said:
stop talking!! do you think before you say things? you have absolutely no cortical inhibition.

What are you saying? Are you saying that you don't tell us what you think? You don't tell it like it is?....You "inhibit" what you think...and say what you think should be said?

We all discriminate...you won't hire someone who you "don't like"....you're discriminating..

I don't want to hire someone who can't work fulltime as defined in a certain way.

What's the difference?

I'll tell you what the difference is.....your form of discrimination is "politically correct"....while mine is related to running an efficient organization...
 
militarymd said:
What are you saying? Are you saying that you don't tell us what you think? You don't tell it like it is?....You "inhibit" what you think...and say what you think should be said?

We all discriminate...you won't hire someone who you "don't like"....you're discriminating..

I don't want to hire someone who can't work fulltime as defined in a certain way.

What's the difference?

I'll tell you what the difference is.....your form of discrimination is "politically correct"....while mine is related to running an efficient organization...

oh man its friday afternoon. Im so friggin tired and Im waitiing on the gyn oncologists.

yes i inhibit what i say.. all the time dude.. less so on here but i do inhibit on here as well..

If i said everything that i thought at work or anywhere they would fire my ass in a second.. I dont have what you call ******* You money that i can say what i want.

Its not illegal for me to discriminate against someone that i dont like or i think is a dick.. ( that they can change) its illegal for me to discriminate against someone for things they cant change.. disabilities race sex etc etc etc

Hey if they cant work full time( they only can work one day per week) thats one thing but if you dont wanna hire them because you dont wanna deal with, giving her maternity leave,( mandatory by law signed by Bill Clinton) you dont wanna deal with "my kid is sick can i leave", or any other issues that come up with when you have kids, then you are discriminating. and it is illegal and if someone can prove it you will be in a heap of trouble financially not to mention the hospital is not gonna dig the "military style" operation you are running with all dem crnas giving you hummers.

I respect your frustration with the system . BUt someone has to pay for our ancestors( my ancestors) who 100 years ago enslaved people, lynched innocent black people, treated women like property( didnt allow them to vote), threw the native americans off their own land. Dude, the history of this country is SOOOO ugly and bloody. Have you ever read some of this stuff, unbelievable. SO if a black or native american gets a break by getting into a school by having maybe a B plus average vs an A so be it. Just a small price we have to pay for the heinous things that went on long ago.
 
militarymd said:
So, tell me, when do we level the playing field?

I dont know. I dont think anyone can answer that question. All we can do it keep doing what we are doing and re evaluate. Change things along the way and then re evaluate.
 
militarymd said:
When do we decide that society is integrated enough?

Who decides the quotas?


Umm, who knows? but you will agree that is still is not integrated now right?


The congess and the senate and the judges. Those are the people who decide my fate and your fate. IF you disagree, you should run for office or write letters to your senators and congressmen everyday. If you are not prepared to do either just live with it "just like i do" and hope things get better and try to do my part in trying to make things better
 
davvid2700 said:
oh man its friday afternoon. Im so friggin tired and Im waitiing on the gyn oncologists.

I feel for you there. I have the same problem here.


davvid2700 said:
Its not illegal for me to discriminate against someone that i dont like or i think is a dick.. ( that they can change) its illegal for me to discriminate against someone for things they cant change.. disabilities race sex etc etc etc

Here in Alabama, it is "illegal" for me to be married to a white woman, which I am....Should I get a divorce because I'm breaking a law?

Trying to legislate common sense (I count AA laws as those) just doesn't work.

davvid2700 said:
Hey if they cant work full time( they only can work one day per week) thats one thing but if you dont wanna hire them because you dont wanna deal with, giving her maternity leave,( mandatory by law signed by Bill Clinton) you dont wanna deal with "my kid is sick can i leave", or any other issues that come up with when you have kids, then you are discriminating.

You know what? I have women who work part time and need early days ..etc....The CRNAs allow this to happen by provide anesthetizing locations as needed.


davvid2700 said:
I respect your frustration with the system . BUt someone has to pay for our ancestors( my ancestors) who 100 years ago enslaved people, lynched innocent black people,black or native american gets a.....

You white people have paid enough....and now us yellow people are having to pay.....I think enough has been paid.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
davvid2700 said:
Umm, who knows? but you will agree that is still is not integrated now right?

I don't think we are very integrated, but I don't think being totally integrated is necessarily a good thing.

I say don't legislate morality/common sense, and let things play itself out.

The economics and societal disparities that existed 100 years ago don't exist today.......I can't see the wrongs that were committed 100 years ago ever happening again.
 
militarymd said:
II say don't legislate morality/common sense, and let things play itself out.

The economics and societal disparities that existed 100 years ago don't exist today.......I can't see the wrongs that were committed 100 years ago ever happening again.


If we let things play out there would still be "slaveowners" lynching, rape pillage murder. We proved early on that we were not capable of "letting things play out".


The things that happened 100 years ago wont happen again because of certain people that we read about in history books (mostly politicians and judges) and people( commoners) who wouldnt stand for it, and gave up their lives. NOt to mention the bloodshed that occurred for us to be at the very minimum civil towards different people today. Change occurs very slowly. ANd if it is illegal for you to be married to a white woman in alabama you should make it your mission to change the law. with letters to politicians, phone calls, and of course if that doesnt work then violence always seems to effect change judging by history.
 
militarymd said:
I don't think we are very integrated, but I don't think being totally integrated is necessarily a good thing.

.




who would even be talking about integration if it wasnt for one class controlling the money and the knowledge and the resources.
 
militarymd said:
I don't think we are very integrated, but I don't think being totally integrated is necessarily a good thing.

I say don't legislate morality/common sense, and let things play itself out.

The economics and societal disparities that existed 100 years ago don't exist today.......I can't see the wrongs that were committed 100 years ago ever happening again.


Unfortunately, people forget the economic and societal disparities that used to exist, rationalize that they couldn't happen again, and/or believe that somehow everyone is "enlightened" now. This isn't the way of the world though.

People suck. People discriminate consciously. Other people think they aren't discriminating but are.

Of course, the french, being highly enlightened, never discriminated. Because of this they had no need of affirmative action with results that speak for themselves 🙂...................


.....not saying that I buy in completely to the whole AA thing BUT the playing field isn't level and I am much more sympathetic to a hardworking person on the bottom getting a few breaks than some upper crust/trong family support/doesn't live in some rat infested ghetto geting inconvenienced some.


Of course, for Military, not getting accepted to Harvard now implies (by logic used in other threads) that he is somehow not as smart as those that did get into Harvard but he still has done fairly well for himself in the long run (i.e. He's a successful physician with a good job and happy with his life...or is that not good enough?)
 
nitecap said:
There are so many jobs there its not even funny. And not just jobs cleaning up. Mgmt jobs and stores, sales jobs, surveyors, construction. Thats one of the main problems, there are no workers. At the same time all those people that were way below the poverty level with no job before and chillen in Houston, living off of FEMA, not working, just enjoying the free ride as usual. Then at the same time you have the Hispanic influx there arriving, who are hard assssss workers, and are there to make a buck for their family. And the displace locals and locals that are there chillen raising hell for letting the hispanics work. Hey whos going to rebuild the city, not the ones relying on that free ride thats for sure.

I live in NO and the above post is VERY VERY VERY ACCURATE.