Final ROL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

average

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is my final ROL. Anyone else?

Does anyone know when programs have to have their lists in?

1. UVA
2. IU
3. Mayo
4. Colorado
5. UF
6. UNM
7. U of Wisc
8. Scott and White
9. MCW

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's my final answer Regis!

1. Orlando Regional Medical Center :D :love:
2. University of South Alabama :)
3. Emory :)
4. University of Alabama :cool:
5. Vanderbilt :cool:
6. Baptist Health System (Birmingham) :confused:
7. UT-Knoxville :(
8. UT-Memphis :oops:
9. MCG :eek:

tomorrow at 9 pm est.

i've been told there is absolutely no wiggle room on this, and if it's 8:45 and you haven't put your list in and then whoops, the network goes down, then that's tough noogies for you. point is, unless something crazy happens in the next 24 hours, your list should be completed by now and untouched through tomorrow night. it's in the hands of the computer now.

1. UTSW
2. Methodist (Houston)
3. Emory
4. Arkansas
5. Duke
6. UNC
7. UT Houston
8. Baylor
9. Vanderbilt
10. UAB
11. Wake Forest

i've been told there is absolutely no wiggle room on this, and if it's 8:45 and you haven't put your list in and then whoops, the network goes down, then that's tough noogies for you. point is, unless something crazy happens in the next 24 hours, your list should be completed by now and untouched through tomorrow night. it's in the hands of the computer now.

funny you mention that scenario. my friend last year was stupid enough to alter his list minutes before the deadline. lo and behold, the site did not allow him to certify before the deadline...now he is 1500 miles away from where he wanted to be.

funny you mention that scenario. my friend last year was stupid enough to alter his list minutes before the deadline. lo and behold, the site did not allow him to certify before the deadline...now he is 1500 miles away from where he wanted to be.

You know, I've got this nagging feeling that even though, in big, bold, green letters it states "Certified ROL", that the computer will find a way to screw me in this whole deal....

You know, I've got this nagging feeling that even though, in big, bold, green letters it states "Certified ROL", that the computer will find a way to screw me in this whole deal....

I feel the same way..Im 100% sure about my #1 pick, and I'm 99.99% sure that I am 'ranked to match' at that program...still I fear the finality of what some computer says. If it decides to stick me with my #9 choice..thats it, I have no recourse. :scared:

Yeah, I've left mine alone for three weeks, and I plan to keep it that way.

I'm only ranking 4 programs, hopefully that will be enough.

Not sure where I stand at ANY of them.

Anybody got a Beta-blocker?

I never understood the "not ranking programs" theory.

If you would rather not go anywhere, than go there. I can understand that... (I didn't rank one program, only because the program was litterally falling apart. I did rank programs I didn't like)
But otherwise you just rank them in order.

The computer doesn't say, oh he must be serious he only ranked a few, or He listed all Cali programs, lets let him stay in cali.

It just matches based on your and the program's order...

If you get unlucky and your top five get their top 5 (or whatever) and you were number six.. You might want to have choices 6-9 listed too...
Alternatively you can scramble.. but you can't scramble into your top five.. and most likely not into your 6-9 that you didn't rank...

I knew one guy who thought, "ah ha! They don't give you your first choice, so I will put my second choice first and my first choice second..." and he got.. his second choice.(listed first)

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, due to geographic constraints, I:

1) Only applied to, and interviewed at, a smaller number of programs

2) Truly did not like one of them, and the program has had some problems, as well as the institution itself.

3) I liked one of the other ones I'm not ranking but it is simply too far away. I have an ill parent and need to be within driving distance; this program was not, and I was left with no choice.

I felt that at one program I would be truly unhappy and my wife would be as well, so that nixed it right there. Additionally, I felt that I had had a hostile interview with the PD. The other program was great but if my ill parent needs me to be there than it becomes a huge problem having to step on an airplane to get to and fro, and I don't want to have to take off a significant chunk of residency.

I can always reapply, as I have a steady job at the moment that will be around for another year, the question simply becomes am I getting too old?

So while I don't want to be unmatched, I only had six choices to begin with, and if I don't get into that top four, I will obviously be screwed.

As far as not scrambling into one of your choices, that isn't necessarily true. If a program that you ranked doesn't rank you, but has unfilled spots after the match (this happened last year to one of the programs which I am ranking), there is nothing to prevent you from scrambling there. In fact, unless you totally blew your interview, they might be more willing to take you in the scramble as at least something of a "known commodity" compared to a total stranger that they are looking at solely on paper.

My $0.02

1. UTSW
2. Methodist (Houston)
3. Emory
4. Arkansas
5. Duke
6. UNC
7. UT Houston
8. Baylor
9. Vanderbilt
10. UAB
11. Wake Forest

Did you get any feedback from UTSW in regards to ranking?

My wife wanted to make sure that the list said certified ROL :rolleyes:

(I have already checked 4 times prior to this)

As far as not scrambling into one of your choices, that isn't necessarily true. If a program that you ranked doesn't rank you, but has unfilled spots after the match

Oh that's true.. I didn't account for that. But most places rank 5-6x slots, and they rank most of their But it is possible they might not fill.

And obviously other non pathology issues can force people to cut rank lists down...

okay here goes....

1. stanford
2. ucsf
3. bidmc
4. mgh
5. bwh
6. ucla

i actually ranked all 14 programs that i interviewed at b/c i liked them all but it really comes down to being in CA (i'm native and miss my family) or in boston (2nd to CA, this would be the best geographical location professionally for my spouse). i'm not gonna list the rest of my list simply b/c it only reflects geographical preferences based upon professional opportunites for my spouse.

ultimately, stanford is where my heart is.

good luck to everyone!!!!!!

Cool to see more people posting their rank lists, compared to last year (I think). Anyways, I wish you all the best and hopefully come match day, you will be heading to your top ranked programs! I raise my bierstiefel...here's to you all!

U of A Tucson
St Joes Phoenix
Mt Sinai Miami
Tufts
Baystate
LSU Shreveport

location location location:D

You do know that tufts is in Boston right?
%20%20Boston%20Blizzard.jpg

Cool to see more people posting their rank lists, compared to last year (I think). Anyways, I wish you all the best and hopefully come match day, you will be heading to your top ranked programs! I raise my bierstiefel...here's to you all!

thanks! time to go buy a bierstiefel and have my wife and I play a drinking game with it! :laugh:

thanks! time to go buy a bierstiefel and have my wife and I play a drinking game with it! :laugh:
It was tough coming across one in Germany...I think it'll be a tad bit harder finding one in the states.

Now, you don't need a bierstiefel to play Century Club.

It was tough coming across one in Germany...I think it'll be a tad bit harder finding one in the states.

Now, you don't need a bierstiefel to play Century Club.

I know this nice family owned german bar at my alma mater where i spent many a nights drinking and um...drinking more. :oops: they sold biersteifels for ~$50 or so.

the game we played went something like this. we passed the bierstiefel around the group with each of us taking a big gulp and not splashing any alcohol on our face, etc. the tricky part of the game was when the alcohol reached the level of the bend in the boot. the loser would then have to buy the next boot full of alcohol. :)

Ok! back to final ROL (i thought my thread was ROL but...oh well.)

Revised
1. BWH
2. Stanford
3. UCSF
4. MGH
5. Hopkins
6. BIDMC
7. Michigan
8. WashU
9. UPenn
10. Iowa

Not sure which is the "official" thread and since this is about the only thing going on in my life right now (I love you family medicine!), so I'll post here as well.

1. Stanford
2. UCSF
3. U Washington
4. BWH
5. UCLA
6. BIDMC
7. MGH
8. UCSD

I know this nice family owned german bar at my alma mater where i spent many a nights drinking and um...drinking more. :oops: they sold biersteifels for ~$50 or so.

the game we played went something like this. we passed the bierstiefel around the group with each of us taking a big gulp and not splashing any alcohol on our face, etc. the tricky part of the game was when the alcohol reached the level of the bend in the boot. the loser would then have to buy the next boot full of alcohol. :)

...or you can just hold the bierstiefel with the toe pointing down...then you don't have to worry about the bubble and the splash :D

Biersteifels? We don't need no stinking biersteifels. At my undegrad we used to play some "Edward Forty-Hands"-- now that is a real man's drinking game. That and Beirut.

Biersteifels? We don't need no stinking biersteifels. At my undegrad we used to play some "Edward Forty-Hands"-- now that is a real man's drinking game. That and Beirut.
Blasphemy!

OK...more rank lists! Deadline was 5 minutes ago right? Chop chop! Get to it kids!

Here's mine if anyone cares...:)
I ranked every place I interviewed, and I really over-did the interviews, but it was an excuse to get out of work... If I have to scramble, I'd like to try for something in the deep south...
1. UCSD
2. USC
3. OHSU
4. Harbor UCLA
5. Cedars-Sinai (LA)
6. St. Joseph's (Phx)
7. GWU
8. UNM
9. UCI
10. U of Az
11. U of Hawaii
12. OSU
13. Loma Linda

Here's mine if anyone cares...:)
I ranked every place I interviewed, and I really over-did the interviews, but it was an excuse to get out of work... If I have to scramble, I'd like to try for something in the deep south...
1. UCSD
2. USC
3. OHSU
4. Harbor UCLA
5. Cedars-Sinai (LA)
6. St. Joseph's (Phx)
7. GWU
8. UNM
9. UCI
10. U of Az
11. U of Hawaii
12. OSU
13. Loma Linda

we care about your list! as to you not matching...with 13 ranks you may want to rethink that. ;)

Hey! who else wants to go to BWH!!!:)

Did you get any feedback from UTSW in regards to ranking?

I got a generic letter after my interview. After I emailed the PD and told him I was ranking them #1 he replied saying that with a few caveats, I "look to be quite well positioned for a match to the program at Southwestern." In other words, positive but nothing definitive.

They seem to adhere to a strict scoring system to make out their list. I talked to a guy last year who was a student at UTSW, all the residents spoke highly of him, and supposedly his interviewers did too. His USMLE score was around 200 though, which brought his "rank score" down and he didn't match there. I don't know specifically what is in their scoring or how they weight them.

Randomlogik, what's your list look like?

we care about your list! as to you not matching...with 13 ranks you may want to rethink that. ;)

Hey! who else wants to go to BWH!!!:)

Hello there-BWH is also my number one! I got a little positive feedback from them, but no RTM or anything. Do you know if they made calls this year? I know it doesn't matter at this point, but I guess I just love freaking myself out. Good luck and maybe see you next year!:)

Posted in the other thread, but figured I should clutter this thread too...;)

1. Indiana U
2. Yale
3. Ohio State U
4. U Nebraska
5. U Louisville
6. U Kansas
7. Tufts/Baystate
8. East Tennessee State U
9. West Virginia U

It all seems so final now that the ROL deadline has passed....:eek:

Posted in the other thread, but figured I should clutter this thread too...;)

1. Indiana U
2. Yale
3. Ohio State U
4. U Nebraska
5. U Louisville
6. U Kansas
7. Tufts/Baystate
8. East Tennessee State U
9. West Virginia U

It all seems so final now that the ROL deadline has passed....:eek:

Where is Memphis in your list?:confused:

Hello there-BWH is also my number one! I got a little positive feedback from them, but no RTM or anything. Do you know if they made calls this year? I know it doesn't matter at this point, but I guess I just love freaking myself out. Good luck and maybe see you next year!:)

i received some positive feedback also. they sent me a couple of emails.

I've been away for awhile.

Anywho, here it is:

1. Stanford
2. UCSF
3. MGH
4. BWH
5. Michigan
6. Penn
7. WashU

only went on 7 interviews.

I've been away for awhile.

Anywho, here it is:

1. Stanford
2. UCSF
3. MGH
4. BWH
5. Michigan
6. Penn
7. WashU

only went on 7 interviews.

Maybe I'll see you in the Bay Area.

BTW, 10 people posted their ROLs? Thats pretty pathetic...

Some of us are intimidated by these kick ass rol.

I'll show you mine...

If you can't tell, I have a strong preference for living in the Big Apple. Any other NYC bound residents?

1)NYPH-Columbia
2)NYPH-Cornell
3)JHU
4)UPenn

Some of us are intimidated by these kick ass rol.

but why? aren't we all friends on this path forum to support each other? :) we will be future colleagues, so let us know where you'll be (or like to be).

I don't have a ROL, but I took a position at the NIH Path program in the Fall. They don't participate in the Match - it was nice to cancel my remaining interviews! So, my stress level has been much lower than everyone else's here.

Do you want non-MSIV people to post rank lists too? I don't remember all of mine.. :D