Finances for IMGs for MPH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ramaq Chishti

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Unfortunately, inbox conversations are limited only to 5 members and we weren’t able to add all those who replied back. Creating this thread now so we can all add our share of information to help each other out.

Due to applying to a restricted cohort of schools where aid and grants are highly competitive, I wasn’t able to secure any so far. So far I have been looking into interest free loans/lower interest rate loans and only found a couple so far. But majorly, I am still waiting to see what opportunities time may bring up. Maybe grants could be relocated as people move towards their final choice. Do share your two cents.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I am on the same boat. Can you please share the details of the interest free/lower interest rate loans that you found out?

I am on the same boat. Can you please share the details of the interest free/lower interest rate loans that you found out?

I found this reasonable and somewhat responsive but honestly, I haven’t read into it too deeply.

Another student also mentioned the citizens bank that gives out loans with a US co-signer.

Attachments

• Nomad Loan Consultant Brochure_1.26.pdf
    530.1 KB · Views: 97
Members don't see this ad :)
I found this reasonable and somewhat responsive but honestly, I haven’t read into it too deeply.

Another student also mentioned the citizens bank that gives out loans with a US co-signer.

Thanks for the information. Do you also know organizations in US who offer education loans to international students with out a US cosigner?

Thanks for the information. Do you also know organizations in US who offer education loans to international students with out a US cosigner?
If you go through the brochure, they do offer loan without a cosigner but with an inflated interest rate.

I think in terms of 'time' that there is a possibility that more money becomes available as students make their choices, but that'll be a bonus as it is very unlikely it'll cover much of our tuition. I think the only option we'd have are some sort of loans or scholarships from 3rd parties. And hey if we get money from the schools in the pipeline, then we got lucky.

Man the difference is quite a lot between cosigner vs. no cosigner. I'm actually considering borrowing interest-free from a couple of family members... I'm afraid to have that stress in case I don't end up working in the U.S. and don't want to carry the debt home.

Citizen's One
College Avenue
Discover
Sallie Mae
Union Federal
Wells Fargo
Per an email from Rollins, they recommended the above mentioned private loan companies.

Citizen's One
College Avenue
Discover
Sallie Mae
Union Federal
Wells Fargo
Per an email from Rollins, they recommended the above mentioned private loan companies.

Do you have any idea if any of these above companies give loans without a co-signer?

Important note, especially for married international students!

Some Universities like Harvard and Yale charge a huge amount of money for Health Insurance. I did a search and found some alternatives for waiving their insurance fees. Yale charges $9300 for student+spouse just for 1 year!!!
At the moment, I found "ISO | ISO Insurance, home of ISOA Student insurance for international students" as a good alternative. If you searched and found or heard a better one, please share with us. Good Luck :)

Reactions: 1 users