Finishing Bachelors Degree

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RackingHorse

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The year that I plan to apply to vet school will be 2013. Although I will be applying to vet school in the fall of 2013 I will probably not be finished with my B.S. until that fall or the Spring of 2014. So, will it matter that I have not finished my bachelors degree when I apply, or are there a lot of students who are accepted into vet school while still working on their bachelors degree? And, I thought I would add I will more than likely have all my pre-reqs completed by the time I apply, I might be short one or two but that would be all.
 
The year that I plan to apply to vet school will be 2013. Although I will be applying to vet school in the fall of 2013 I will probably not be finished with my B.S. until that fall or the Spring of 2014. So, will it matter that I have not finished my bachelors degree when I apply, or are there a lot of students who are accepted into vet school while still working on their bachelors degree?

No, it won't matter that you haven't finished. All of that is very common.
 
It is very common to do what you are saying. Might be brave enough to go out on a limb and say that it is actually "the norm." A lot of schools will request that you send them your fall grades as soon as they are in so they can figure them into their decisions.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the replies. From some of the posts I have previously read on here it seemed that most were still working on there undergrads when they applied. I was just checking to be sure.
 
The majority of people accepted to my school have only completed 3 years of undergrad. Since 3rd year is the first time you can apply, I'm pretty sure most people have a go at it then 🙂.