1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

First Aid Embryo

Discussion in 'Step I' started by DireWolf, Apr 7, 2004.

  1. DireWolf

    DireWolf The Pride of Cucamonga
    10+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2003
    Messages:
    6,512
    Likes Received:
    8
    Status:
    Attending Physician
    In the 2003 First Aid on p. 82 it says that monozygotic twins have 1 placenta, 1 chorion, and 2 amniotic sacs. Then it says that monozygotic twins develop 2 placentas (separate/fused), 2 chorions, and 2 amniotic sacs. Which is it supposed to be?
     
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

  3. DarksideAllstar

    DarksideAllstar you can pay me in bud
    7+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2001
    Messages:
    2,151
    Likes Received:
    4
    Status:
    Resident [Any Field]
    I thought that this was determined by the day at which they split, but its been so long since Embryo that I cant remember.
     
  4. Kalel

    Kalel Membership Revoked
    Removed

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2004
    Messages:
    792
    Likes Received:
    2
    My peripheral read on this subject suggests that monozygotic twins can have either of those scenarios depending on when the splitting of the placenta occurs. 70% have monochorionic, diamniotic placentas, and the other 30% have dichorionic, diamniotic placentas.

    http://www.emedicine.com/ped/topic2599.htm
     

Share This Page