Quantcast

First Year In The Wild... a perspective from first-year practicing dentists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctormikeydds

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I've noticed that there is a lot of chatter about the rise in corporate dentistry in the past few years... no doubt about it. When I graduated from dental school 1 year ago, many of my classmates went straight into corporate dentistry. Their reasons were variable, but mostly revolved around getting a job immediately after school so they could start paying off loans from the get-go. However, almost everyone who joined corporate dentistry also told me they wanted to make money to eventually own their own practice within the near future (assuming 100% ownership.. i.e. private practice). So the world turned...

With roughly 1 year under our belts, I wonder what my former classmates (and those of other schools nationwide) are thinking about private practice ownership. So in essence, I will ask the following question... to my fellow rookie colleagues ONLY....

-AFTER ONE YEAR OF CORPORATE DENTISTRY, DO YOU STILL WANT TO OWN YOUR OWN PRIVATE PRACTICE IN THE NEAR FUTURE?- Why/Why not

***Rookie dentists only (1-3 years out)... no students, residents, military, or old-timers please... thank you***
****Please NO BASHING... this is meant only as an honest reflection of what our aspirations were in school... and how they turned out in reality****

Thanks everyone,
Mikey Andrew, DDS

Reactions: 6 users