Florida DPT 2021-2022 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thegresucks

Reaction score
Hey i just wanted to start a thread for students to applying to DPT programs in Florida to post their stats. :)

I will post my stats below

Members don't see this ad.

undergrad school: UCF
Major: health sciences
cGPA: 3.95
pGPA: 3.8-4.0

GRE: 152V, 148Q, 4AW
LOR: PT, Bio professor, boss at the school i work at
employement: cashier at lowes, program assistant at a school for kids with motor disabilities
experiences: sports med volunteer, learning assistant for bio 2
research: undergraduate researcher in a parasitic manipulation lab
certifications: HIPAA, CITI, and CPR/AED/first aid

applied to: UCF, UNF, UF, USF, FGCU, FAMU, Nova (ft. Lauderdale), St, augustine
interviews: UCF
acceptances: St. Augustine, FAMU, UF

Last edited:
Hey, your stats are amazing! Do you know if UF is hosting a visit day this year?

Members don't see this ad :)
No, I haven't heard anything about it this year. I saw in the past years they held one.

How was the Open House on last Friday? Did they give out any more information regarding the admissions timeline?

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone interviewed at University of Miami yet? I have mine this Friday and am wondering what the process is like.

How was the Open House on last Friday? Did they give out any more information regarding the admissions timeline?
They said they will start sending out letters via email in January and finish in March. They also said when you apply doesn't determine when you will get your letter.

Has anyone interviewed at University of Miami yet? I have mine this Friday and am wondering what the process is like.
I had an interview with UM last week Friday . It was great very conversational. Nothing to stress about . They literally just ask you about what’s on your application. Just be yourself and you’ll be fine !

I had an interview with UM last week Friday . It was great very conversational. Nothing to stress about . They literally just ask you about what’s on your application. Just be yourself and you’ll be fine !
Cool, thank you so much!! :) Do they tell you if they have a timeline for when they will get back to you with their decision?

Cool, thank you so much!! :) Do they tell you if they have a timeline for when they will get back to you with their decision?
No problem ! They said this week or in a couple weeks . But looking at forums from last year I see that they had interviews around the same time and they heard back the following week! So I’m praying I hear Friday! If I do, I’ll to remember to let you know ! Is UM your top choice?? It’s my top!

Members don't see this ad :)
No problem ! They said this week or in a couple weeks . But looking at forums from last year I see that they had interviews around the same time and they heard back the following week! So I’m praying I hear Friday! If I do, I’ll to remember to let you know ! Is UM your top choice?? It’s my top!
I’ll try to ^

Oh cool, I hope you hear back soon (it would be amazing to hear back a week after the interview)! It would be great if you could let me know, UM is definitely one of my top choices :) I'm wishing you the best of luck, you got this!!!

Oh cool, I hope you hear back soon (it would be amazing to hear back a week after the interview)! It would be great if you could let me know, UM is definitely one of my top choices :) I'm wishing you the best of luck, you got this!!!
Definitely! Thank you so much! Who knows we may be classmates soon ♥️ Praying so! I’ll let you know

Anyone hear back from UM yet from their interview ? I had mine on Oct 29

When did you submit your application? I submitted mine on oct 15 but have not heard back from them yet.

When did you submit your application? I submitted mine on oct 15 but have not heard back from them yet.
I submitted Aug 31st, my app got verified Sept 2nd, and I got an interview invite on Oct 7th. I hope that helps!

I received an acceptance too! Do you know whether you’re accepting !?!
I am going to say yes to the admission offer because Miami is one of my top choices! I am still waiting to hear back from a couple of other schools, so I am not 100% sure if I'm going to end up fully committed to Miami, but as of now that's where I am going! How about you??

I am going to say yes to the admission offer because Miami is one of my top choices! I am still waiting to hear back from a couple of other schools, so I am not 100% sure if I'm going to end up fully committed to Miami, but as of now that's where I am going! How about you??
SAME !! I’m going to accept but I’m still waiting to hear from some more schools !

SAME !! I’m going to accept but I’m still waiting to hear from some more schools !
Nice! Do you know how it works if we end up getting into another school that we want to go to, after accepting a seat at another school (like Miami for example)? Do we just email the school we accepted a seat at and notify them of our change in plans?

Nice! Do you know how it works if we end up getting into another school that we want to go to, after accepting a seat at another school (like Miami for example)? Do we just email the school we accepted a seat at and notify them of our change in plans?
yes

Yes I believe that is how it goes!

Has anyone else heard back from UM after interviewing on Nov 5th?

I was just accepted into UCF's DPT program today. I want to wish best of luck to everyone this cycle. You've worked hard, believe in yourself!

I was just accepted into UCF's DPT program today. I want to wish best of luck to everyone this cycle. You've worked hard, believe in yourself!
Congratulations!!!! Did you interview November 19? My UCF interview is December 15. Would you mind telling me a little about their interview process, like what types of questions? It’s a group interview right? All of mine so far have been solo

Congratulations!!!! Did you interview November 19? My UCF interview is December 15. Would you mind telling me a little about their interview process, like what types of questions? It’s a group interview right? All of mine so far have been solo
Thank you! Yep, I interviewed the 19th and it was a group interview. You and two other students are interviewed by a faculty member, an alumni, and a current student. I recommend thinking of some meaningful experiences in your life you can reflect on but they really ask you a broad set of questions. just try to be yourself! Most importantly, try to come in with some really good questions about the program that show you are genuinely interested.

Last edited:
congrats !!! i interviewed on the 19th too. Sooo happy for you !!

• Care
Anyone accepted into Miami DPT that plans to attend & want to connect? I’m accepted and will be attending and am trying to find some of my classmates lol ! I’m from SC so this is a big move to Miami . Or anyone who’s already in Miami and know any good apartments near UM

Anyone accepted into Miami DPT that plans to attend & want to connect? I’m accepted and will be attending and am trying to find some of my classmates lol ! I’m from SC so this is a big move to Miami . Or anyone who’s already in Miami and know any good apartments near UM
Yes I am! I’m not from Miami but I would love to get to know my class mates!

Hi! I have accepted my seat at Miami and am planning on attending as of now (still waiting to hear back from a couple other schools!). I'm from California so it will be a big move for me as well if I do end up going. Would love to talk to a potential cohort-mate!

Hi!!! Just got an interview with UCF and curious on if people who have done the interview have any insight on what to expect?? From doing research I have found that it consists of multiple mini interviews and that they throw a few curve ball questions that you would not expect, is this true??

Hi!!! Just got an interview with UCF and curious on if people who have done the interview have any insight on what to expect?? From doing research I have found that it consists of multiple mini interviews and that they throw a few curve ball questions that you would not expect, is this true??
So I had my interview with UCF on November 19th and it starts off with a 30 min introduction to the program and the faculty. Next, you are sent into a group interview with two other applicants and are interviewed by a faculty member, alumni, and one current student. I believe it lasts for 45 mins then you take a break and then go to another round of interview for another 45 mins with different faculty members. From the interviews, they really ask you more situational and behavioral questions that you cannot really prepare for. I would say to make sure you can bring up your own experiences and reflect on them. I have heard a few curveball questions that was asked to people during our break time when we were talking to the other applicants. When faced with these types of questions, I suggest you ask the interviewers to give you a minute to think about the question, giving you time to gather your thoughts and say a good answer. At the end of each interview, they ask about any questions you have about the school. You should come prepared with some questions to show you are interested and find out more about the program. Remember, while they are interviewing you, you are also interviewing them and seeing if this school is a perfect fit for you. After all the interviews, there is an optional tour with the current students, where you can also ask them questions from their perspective and questions you might not ask in front of the faculty such as what they did not like about their program. I believe we were told most of the decisions won't be made until after all the interviews are conducted so we would not expect to hear from them until mid December or early January. Hopefully I went over everything. If you still have any questions, you can always just message me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users