Florida schools - interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
QofQuimica said:
Guju, USF should hire you as the official school spokesperson. :laugh: Or at least you should be the USF SDN liason, like Arsenic is for Miami. :)

Hey I met "mrburns" at the interview yesterday, in Miami. Fantasy football rocks!

Miami was realllllyyyy great. I tried to enter with a neutral attitude, but became excited when we toured the school. The clinicals enough are enough to ensnare you... Honestly, if the cycle ended today, I would definitely go with Miami. I will try to give the other schools a fair chance... but I guess I am biased now lol.

If you have any questions, fire away! My interviewer was great by the way... really nice, no curveballs.

Members don't see this ad.

yrodri15 said:
Hey I met "mrburns" at the interview yesterday, in Miami. Fantasy football rocks!

Miami was realllllyyyy great. I tried to enter with a neutral attitude, but became excited when we toured the school. The clinicals enough are enough to ensnare you... Honestly, if the cycle ended today, I would definitely go with Miami. I will try to give the other schools a fair chance... but I guess I am biased now lol.

If you have any questions, fire away! My interviewer was great by the way... really nice, no curveballs.

Hey for those of you who do really want to go to Miami and get in but are worried about the costs, I just wanted to say you should look into the scholarships. I have a friend getting a 50% scholarship out there. So just wanted to remind you all.

Q,

:laugh: :laugh: :smuggrin:

I think I'm a rep for all Fl schools, cuz they are ALL GREAT!!!!!!!!! I like Miami and USF equally, and if when I apply, I got into both programs, I would have a hard time deciding which one to go to, cuz I've had positive impressions from both schools when I've met them at premed forums.

gujuDoc said:
I think I'm a rep for all Fl schools, cuz they are ALL GREAT!!!!!!!!! I like Miami and USF equally, and if when I apply, I got into both programs, I would have a hard time deciding which one to go to, cuz I've had positive impressions from both schools when I've met them at premed forums.

I agree. :thumbup: I haven't ever visited FSU, but I was very impressed with USF, UF, and Miami when I visited them. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the three.

Members don't see this ad :)
yrodri15 said:

I met a couple SDNers there, which was a lot of fun. It was great meeting you! I'm glad you liked it as much as I did. I actually went in not expecting to be impressed at all (I drove around the campus the night before and didn't like it too much, and for some reason I was under the impression that Miami didn't have a fantastic school. ahh, preconceived notions...) but I was blown away! I do like the campus now, and think that everyone who comes out of Miami wil be very capable, well-rounded physicians. And a great city to live in, if you ask me!

QofQuimica said:
I agree. :thumbup: I haven't ever visited FSU, but I was very impressed with USF, UF, and Miami when I visited them. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the three.

FSU was impressive in its own sort of way, but it was more directed towards those wanting to go into rural or primary care, cuz it was founded on the notion that they hoped to build more primary care physicians for those more rural areas of Florida. They got these cool learning communities there and what not, where they focus on group learning in the first two years.

But it is still a developing school, so they have a long ways to go before they get up to par with USF, UF, and Miami.

Since they were not founded on the notion of creating new research physicians, they don't have a strong research program. However, their program is one I'd consider if primary care was one of my bigger focuses.

BTW, if you are wondering how I know about FSU COM. Me and some AED members went last fall to a premed forum held by the AED chapter up there, and then we went individually and drove near the new medical school building. We saw some students there who showed us the new learning community suites too. It was pretty cool. But I don't like Talahassee and that true southern area of northern Florida up into georgia, alabama, and mississippi too much, cuz I've always lived in more developed areas of central florida.

yrodri15 (or anyone else that just interviewed at Miami) -

Did you have anyone from out-of-state at your interview session? I think everyone on SDN that went is from Florida.

Mike,

No need to worry, all of the students were residents of Florida. Apparently, they haven't started interviewing the out of state applicants. Don't worry :D I had a similar experience as MrBurns, Miami is definitely a great school - good experience overall. If any of you have any questions, ask away!

yrodri15-

You made my week! :D
I was starting to get a bit stressed about it.

Haha np buddy (I looked at the state of residence of all interviewees, and they were all from FL. So no need to worry, just wait a little longer and you'll be flying down. If you need anything in specific, just PM me.

Yeah! I will be interviewing at USF on 10/17! I'm excited! :D

:laugh: Hey, I will be at USF on 10/17 as well! PM if you want, its kinda funny how the early applicants usually browse SDN regularly.

yrodri15 - how long after you were complete at USF did you get their invite for an interview? thnx. anyone else is free to chime in on this.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete at USF on 8/5/05 and recieved the invite this afternoon.

medgirl? said:
yrodri15 - how long after you were complete at USF did you get their invite for an interview? thnx. anyone else is free to chime in on this.
I was complete at USF on a tuesday in August and received an invite 10 days later (the following friday)

I have a question for all you FL folks. I've seen the sales pitches for Miami and USF but I was wondering what the big sell was with UF? I know Shands is a great hospital and I know their scores on boards are amazingly high but do they have facilities comparable to USF and Miami? Why would people choose it over USF or Miami? Most of the big sellers on this thread seem to be marketing Miami and USF and not UF.

That is the million dollar questions Dr. Good love. By what I hear, Gainesville is an acquired taste, since it is a small town. The med school itself is amazing... EXCELLENT curriculum (your average step I is ~234 for God's Sake) and their research opportunities are great... THe cost is right.... I don't know, I would like to know more myself - and I plan to investigate thoroughly when I go up there and I'll post what I find/know here.

As for when was I complete, I was complete at USF in late August, and in UF + UM on Aug. 19, received UF invite on Aug 29th, and USF I Forget... like early September. UM I received in Early/mid September. Don't worry, all the FL schools are pretty efficient and staffed by nice ppl.

If you have any other questions, fire away ! :D

drgoodlove said:
I have a question for all you FL folks. I've seen the sales pitches for Miami and USF but I was wondering what the big sell was with UF? I know Shands is a great hospital and I know their scores on boards are amazingly high but do they have facilities comparable to USF and Miami? Why would people choose it over USF or Miami? Most of the big sellers on this thread seem to be marketing Miami and USF and not UF.

As pointed out by the above poster, UF's top notch research facilities and board scores along with an excellent clinical curricula put them in the top, along with USF and UMiami. They have match lists comparable to the other two schools, putting people in competitive residency posts. My experience at premed forums was seeing very happy students too. I don't personally like Gainesville, but I think like the other 2 Florida schools, it will also give a great education.

In the USNEWS and World Report Rankings, they are in the early 40's. If you are into academic medicine, they are also definitely the place to be because of their numerous funds and high end research facilities.

Clinically, I like USF or Miami's schools a tad bit better, but you will get an excellent education at UF as well. They have this simulated patient program, where you learn hands on diagnosis skills etc, that really help you prepare for the Clinical portion of the USMLE step 2 really well.

Speaking of UF, did any of you guys have to have your parents send in their tax forms? I had to and haven't heard from UF in over a month...I'm just worried that grad admissions hasn't communicated with med admissions and that I'm being considered out-of-state until proven otherwise. Any thoughts? Thanks.

MrBurns,

I got that same letter and I called the UF med ad. office. They told me not to worry at all, that this problem has no bearing on your admission status. The grad. admission's office wants to verify your residency for tuition purposes. :D

I have interviewed at Miami and have my USF interview on Oct. 3. I have FSU on Oct. 7 (I'm still deciding whether or not I should cancel being that I'm not really interested in rural medicine.) I haven't heard back from UF yet. :( I love Miami, but I have yet to see USF. The only negative impression I had of UM was that the facilities seemed kind of old.
I must say, I'm surprised that most people seemed to be more impressed by USF and UM than UF. It seems as though it's been drilled in my head (I don't know how or why) that UF has THE best program in Florida. It's good to hear other views, it makes me feel better about staying in Miami in the future.
By the way, does anyone know the pass rate on step 1 for the different schools?

UF posts their numbers, you can search for the link somewhere on this forum.

UM's avg is not so great by what I hear... if you go there, you really have to study on your own - their clinicals rock though.

I have not heard much about USF.... at all - don't know either way.

yrodri15 said:
MrBurns,

I got that same letter and I called the UF med ad. office. They told me not to worry at all, that this problem has no bearing on your admission status. The grad. admission's office wants to verify your residency for tuition purposes. :D
Thanks for clearing that up, yrodri!

yrodri15 said:
UF posts their numbers, you can search for the link somewhere on this forum.

UM's avg is not so great by what I hear... if you go there, you really have to study on your own - their clinicals rock though.

I have not heard much about USF.... at all - don't know either way.

From my understanding, USF has done pretty well in board scores and were number one in the state for a few years, on the USMLE step 1.

However, I think UF is labeled as one of the best programs in Florida for several reasons:

A. It is the highest USNEWS World and Reports ranked school in the state. I believe 41 or 43 is their ranking for the Research Rankings portion of the medical school rankings.

B. It is the second oldest program after UMiami and part of one of the oldest institutions in the state of Florida, so it is part of a more well known University in the state.

C. As given away, by my mention of their place in the rankings, they have top notch research facilities and opportunities. Hence, they also have a lot of funding and in terms of the big NIH funds etc., UF and Umiami rank high. Although, from what Rel tells us, USF ranks higher in the NSF grants.

D. They have high board scores on step one and two of the USMLE.

The above and then some allow for them to put out some well trained MD's who get into top residency programs around the country.

On the downside:

UF does not have a great variety in clinical facilities like USF does, nor does it have the added bonus of seeing those weird tropical cases that UMiami sees.

UF, USF, and Miami all also give several opportunities for medical mission trips overseas as well. They all are great schools in their own right and have their ups and downs. However, you will get a great education wherever you go. If you have the honor of getting accepted by all of them, go to the one you feel most comfortable with in terms of atmosphere from students and faculty, curriculum, location, etc.

futrdoc said:
I have interviewed at Miami and have my USF interview on Oct. 3. I have FSU on Oct. 7 (I'm still deciding whether or not I should cancel being that I'm not really interested in rural medicine.) I haven't heard back from UF yet. :( I love Miami, but I have yet to see USF. The only negative impression I had of UM was that the facilities seemed kind of old.
I must say, I'm surprised that most people seemed to be more impressed by USF and UM than UF. It seems as though it's been drilled in my head (I don't know how or why) that UF has THE best program in Florida. It's good to hear other views, it makes me feel better about staying in Miami in the future.
By the way, does anyone know the pass rate on step 1 for the different schools?

Not that I'm applying right now, but I'd say its not that I'm not impressed by UF. I've heard some superb things about the school. Its the fact that I don't like the area and would rather live in a city then a small town area like that if I were given that position.

If you go to Florida you will have to hear "One bits Two bits" (the gator fight song) everyday for the rest of your med school career. That alone would keep me out of there.

little_late_MD said:
If you go to Florida you will have to hear "One bits Two bits" (the gator fight song) everyday for the rest of your med school career. That alone would keep me out of there.

LMAO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for all your replies. LMAO about the song.

Has anyone from OOS been invited for an interview at USF or UF?

For those of you who have been on an interview at either of these two schools, have you met anyone from OOS interviewing.

I was complete at UF very early (8/1), but no word since. Also complete at USF early but due to circumstances beyond my control, was not deemed complete until 9/8. Also no word.

I think I would qualify as a competitve OOS applicant, and I have very strong ties to FL, but still have yet to hear anything from either school.

I was also wondering would it be helpful/hurtful to call UF and speak with someone concerning my application. The complete email said to be patient.. I think I've tried that to the best of my ability.

Thoughts anyone?

There were no OOS people at my UF interview.

MrBurns10 said:
Speaking of UF, did any of you guys have to have your parents send in their tax forms? I had to and haven't heard from UF in over a month...I'm just worried that grad admissions hasn't communicated with med admissions and that I'm being considered out-of-state until proven otherwise. Any thoughts? Thanks.

I haven't. All I've had to do is to fill out the residency form that they had in the secondary, and that was it, at least so far. Is this something that only applies to traditional students, do you think? :confused:

drgoodlove, I have to agree with Gujudoc that UF has a very impressive program and campus, as do USF and U Miami. They are all great schools, and you'd get a great education at any of them. What it all comes down to is that you basically have to decide for yourself which school meets your needs best, and which environment feels the most comfortable for you. My own feeling is that medical schools have personalities, just like people do, and these three schools have three very different personalities. If you go and see them all, you will get a better idea of which one meshes with you the best. Don't rely on anyone here or US News to do this analysis for you; you really need to experience the schools for yourself before you can know which one is right for you. When you are at the right place for you, you will know it.

QofQuimica said:
I haven't. All I've had to do is to fill out the residency form that they had in the secondary, and that was it, at least so far. Is this something that only applies to traditional students, do you think? :confused:

drgoodlove, I have to agree with Gujudoc that UF has a very impressive program and campus, as do USF and U Miami. They are all great schools, and you'd get a great education at any of them. What it all comes down to is that you basically have to decide for yourself which school meets your needs best, and which environment feels the most comfortable for you. My own feeling is that medical schools have personalities, just like people do, and these three schools have three very different personalities. If you go and see them all, you will get a better idea of which one meshes with you the best. Don't rely on anyone here or US News to do this analysis for you; you really need to experience the schools for yourself before you can know which one is right for you. When you are at the right place for you, you will know it.

What she said ^^^^

:thumbup:

To clear up something ...

I'm an M4 at FSU ... while the mandate for the school is rural and primary care ... yada, yada, yada ... most people don't end up doing either. Check the school out, futrdoc, don't write it off because you don't want to do rural medicine ... I don't either. I wouldn't have gone to any other school ... it's been an incredible experience. ... a nice, friendly learning environment, clinical education awesome ... I did more 3rd year than almost any other 3rd year I know. You work directly with an attending, etc, etc. Check it out for yourself ... know that they are very pro primary care (more than rural medicine) but you are free to make your own choices.

JTHURMA said:
I think I would qualify as a competitve OOS applicant, and I have very strong ties to FL, but still have yet to hear anything from either school.

I was also wondering would it be helpful/hurtful to call UF and speak with someone concerning my application. The complete email said to be patient.. I think I've tried that to the best of my ability.

Thoughts anyone?

It probably can't hurt to call and ask when UF plans to start inviting people from out-of-state. But I don't know if you are going to get a firm answer about your own application, because it looks like they haven't started inviting *anyone* from out-of-state yet. It seems that the FL state schools (and maybe U Miami as well?) interview FL residents first, so it will take some time before they start to invite out-of-state applicants. Both USF and UF have only been interviewing people for a few weeks anyway. Maybe REL could comment about when USF will begin to invite out-of-staters?

pedsid said:
To clear up something ...

I'm an M4 at FSU ... while the mandate for the school is rural and primary care ... yada, yada, yada ... most people don't end up doing either. Check the school out, futrdoc, don't write it off because you don't want to do rural medicine ... I don't either. I wouldn't have gone to any other school ... it's been an incredible experience. ... a nice, friendly learning environment, clinical education awesome ... I did more 3rd year than almost any other 3rd year I know. You work directly with an attending, etc, etc. Check it out for yourself ... know that they are very pro primary care (more than rural medicine) but you are free to make your own choices.
pedsid said:
I'm an M4 at FSU ...
a nice, friendly learning environment, clinical education awesome ... I did more 3rd year than almost any other 3rd year I know. You work directly with an attending, etc, etc.

MS4 from tallahassee campus---I can tell. I too experienced the friendly environment---it lasted up to my third year. It now all gone except for the few butt kissers. Sorry pepsid---your either a female or a quiet nerdy male. The school hates anyone that speaks out and you become the enemy if you do. I have posted earlier about how bad fsu is. I have recently found out that 2 of my 30 classmates(class started out small) is repeating 4th year. I am not complaining because they did that to me, but because I tried to improve my school because I wanted to believe in the program as I love football and FSU is pretty good, so nothing could be better :cool: . I will tell you that the current 4th year students hate FSU for the most part, which makes me unhappy that I made the wrong decision 4years ago and should have went to miami and paid the extra 15K/yr :( . I speak to many of them---enough to find out that one of the current 4th years is being force to repeat 4ht year, while a "would be 4th year" suddenly dropped out of the program last year---I heard she was force out---and I know her well enough but she did not disclose all the information---probably out of embarrassemtn---andn she has not returned. She is not on the current 3rd year or 4ht year roster on the web page, nor has anyone seen her.
I know of 5 of the current 4th years repeating courses---one is repeating doctoring and he has to do it for 3 months---losing 3 possible externships/electives :mad: . Bet you did not know that pepsid---tell them about doctoring and all the complaining. Tell them about REYES and psycho social classes. Tell them abo ut the school getting your class an outside source to resolve your issues during 2nd year.
One good comment---you do get a lot of first hands for some rotations such as surgery. But to say better than other programs is not true unless you have many friends to judge it by. I think many rotations is less hands on and less inpatient care(which is where you learn the real stuff). FSU sends to to all these outpatient clinics---good to see what it is like but to do internal medicine out patient for 4 weeks---that sucks.
The comment about all this one on one could be true and good, but if this person did so much one on one and loved it, then why is he not doing primary care---that is what most of 3rd year is except for surgery and sort of OB/gyn. I got tired of that crap and am glad I was not doing one on one so much so that the residents did most of the crap while I "help" and did one on one on the good patients( more interesting cases). One on one rules for surgery but sucks unless you really want primary. FSU does rock with surgery at all campuses( as what I have been told). You do most of the sewing and a lot of the procedure.
Some awesome faculty in some places, but a lot of power hungry faculty and admin that are now happy they have a new building that they can chill in and think of ways to make it harder for students to like the school---my opinion and you should get many.
\
Good luck :)
Go where you get in :laugh:

Students did well on step 1 this year because they told me that they had to do self studying and it was not do to the faculty. I did really well on it, no bragging, but I did the same. I studied and did well, while those who cant teach themselves did poorly.

If your quiet and timid , you will be fine here
If your a rule breaker, go to another school

The good thing about FSU is that they usually tell you within a week that you have been accepted. Has that changed?

I posted a longer thread but it did not submit so I am too lazy to type it again.

QofQuimica said:
It probably can't hurt to call and ask when UF plans to start inviting people from out-of-state. But I don't know if you are going to get a firm answer about your own application, because it looks like they haven't started inviting *anyone* from out-of-state yet. It seems that the FL state schools (and maybe U Miami as well?) interview FL residents first, so it will take some time before they start to invite out-of-state applicants. Both USF and UF have only been interviewing people for a few weeks anyway. Maybe REL could comment about when USF will begin to invite out-of-staters?

USF is interviewing out-of-staters now. We had one in the group of 9/26 and have others intermingled in 10/3 and 10/10 groups, respectively. None for 10/17 group as it stands now.

As to "nogoodfsu" ...

every school has it's "bad eggs" for whatever reason this person had a bad experience ... that's not everyone's experience. You can find anyone at any school who is unhappy. I'm am sorry that this person feels it necissary to air his bad experience out there ... in such an imature way. "A female or nerdy male" ... what the heck is that? Get a life dude. Hope you can find some happiness somewhere.

pedsid said:
As to "nogoodfsu" ...

every school has it's "bad eggs" for whatever reason this person had a bad experience ... that's not everyone's experience. You can find anyone at any school who is unhappy. I'm am sorry that this person feels it necissary to air his bad experience out there ... in such an imature way. "A female or nerdy male" ... what the heck is that? Get a life dude. Hope you can find some happiness somewhere.

Actually, I'm fairly certain I know who this is ... and he has had action taken against him by the university in the past ... fairly significant action. Please don't make your decision based upon someone who clearly doesn't have his act together.

pedsid said:
Actually, I'm fairly certain I know who this is ... and he has had action taken against him by the university in the past ... fairly significant action. Please don't make your decision based upon someone who clearly doesn't have his act together.

I figure there's always going to be one or two students who don't like any given school. You just gotta go with your gut feeling and hope for the best.

pedsid said:

Sorry pepsid, this is not JF, but another unhappy soul. Not trying to bring it down but to make it known. How come you did not mention your unhappiness with the classes such has psychosocial and doctoring and various issues and sugar coated it. I cant tell you how, but I know you well pepsid and you yourself were unhappy at times (as all students are at every school). Not trying to get you worked up but mention your 3weeks lost during your first summer---you all complained to the school and nothing happened. How about community medicine rotation( a joke) during december month.
Tell a little truth with the bad. I told some good stuff with the bad. At least educate me on how you feel about those subjects since I listened to your class complain so much and I felt you guys. Your class threw a party practically when Reyes and Stein were demoted to lower positions. SDN folks, I know this seems like a battle here, but I really liked my class and all the students from class of 2006---so a sort of friendly debate, as I mean no harm. Pepsid, do you know there is another lawsuit from your class? Do you know about the 2 students who are currently expelled? I keep up with FSU students because I do care and I want FSU to see this and to step up and fix the problem before the LCME fails to accredite the program for forged CDCS patient evaluations(lying about the number of patients seen just to get a better grade and to boost patient numbers so that the program initially was accredited). I do care trust me bro. But I do not want those students who have options to lean towards FSU if they dont have to.
good luck again, and sorry for the negativity as I used to post such positive upbeat attitude with my other screen name( not used to avoid problems with my residency program)

Just incase anyone out there wanted to know, I called Miami last week and they said they would probably start OOS interviews in the next few weeks.

no good fsu ... sorry. Though you said you were an M4 in Tally. You're right, there have been times when I've been unhappy. For me, the good outweighs the bad. When I compare my experience to others around the state ... I truly wouldn't want to have gone anywhere else ...

... if anyone's wondering ... USF seems like good place too ... I wouldn't have gone to UF ... and because of cost not Miami.

Anyway, I'm interested in what you have to say. Why don't you e-mail me at my med.fsu.edu address (since you know who I am) ... I'll reply from a different address so that we can talk without feeling like anyone can monitor the conversation. Or we can speak on the phone.

There has been a lot of discussion about UF as a medical school in the last few posts.

I just graduated from there this past May and I'm currently completing my medicine internship. The University of Florida COM has an excellent curriculum during the third and fourth years and it has really prepared me well for internship.

"UF does not have a great variety in clinical facilities like USF does, nor does it have the added bonus of seeing those weird tropical cases that UMiami sees."

That poster does not realize that Shands has a sister campus in Jacksonville (Shands Jacksonville) where you get real hands-on inner city care at one of the biggest Level I trauma centers in the state. Most students will tell you that when you rotate at Shands Jacksonville, you are given a LOT of autonomy. I did a month of internal med there as a third year and took care of patients with HIV, TB, and heart attacks induced by crack cocaine (not all in the same patient! :) ). A lot of arguments were to made to me against choosing UF as only seeing the "unusual academic cases" in medicine. This was completely untrue--- UF strikes a great balance between unusual cases and regular bread-and-butter cases. I had to make a decision between UM and UF, and 4 years later, I am 100% glad I made the decision to go to UF. I feel on top of my game now during internship from the awesome training I received during my clinical years. UF has a balanced research and clinical infrastructure to give you some of the best training you could possibly get from a medical school. You want to do primary care? No problem, we had 9 people go into peds. You want to be a neurosurgeon? We had a record 5 people match into neurosurgery this year. FYI, tuition this past year was approx. $16.5 K and has been steadily increasing every year (It was 12 or 13 when I started).

I will also add that our 1st and 2nd year basic science experience is second to none. The average board score for my class of 2005 (USMLE step 1 in 2003) was a 228 while the national average was a 215. I believe we had 2 people not pass, for an overall pass rate of ~98%. In this year's 3rd year class (Class of 2007?), I heard that 20-25% of them got over a 240. That is solid for any school. We consistently do well on all of the standardized tests we take at the end of each subject. Part of it is the motivation a student has when they come here. And part of it is an awesome basic sci faculty that really knows how to teach the material.

For those of you invited for a miami interview, do you guys happen to know if everybody gets put on a ranked list or are there actually some post-secondary rejections? :oops:

MedGator,

Thank you so much for posting! I found your response very informative and confirmed everything that I have heard about U.F. I wanted to ask you, IF you HAD to choose 1 or 2 negatives about the school, what would they be? I know that every school has negatives, I just wanted to see what U.F.'s were (other then it be REALLY hard to get AOA :laugh: ). Thanks, and thats awesome that 5 people matched for neurosurgery!

JJ,

U.M. does hand out rejections post secondary. As soon as your file is complete, they have three faculty members assign a number (1-5 ?) to your overall file. If the tallied numbers reach a certain threshold, then you fire an action potential... haha no, you get an interview invite. Thats pretty much how it works. Once invited, you have a good chance of being accepted due to statistics alone.

My status page for FSU is not complete but I know I've sent in everything. And no one picks up the phone or replied to email. What's going on??? Any of you have this problem?? I'm getting really frustrated and as the weeks go by, I know I have less and less of a chance of even getting an interview. Did someone get through to the office for their status check? Do you know what's going on?

Medgirl,

No need to get frustrated.. trust me, the process has taken a toll on all of us.

FSU has a problem updating their status page apparently... for example, I was offered an interview yet it said I was 'incomplete' on their page.... so I would try calling or emailing them to confirm. Their office struck me as a bit disorganized.

Status
Not open for further replies.