Flying cross country for interviews and notifying neighboring schools?

Started by asundran
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

asundran

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys!

I was hoping you might be able to suggest the best way to address this situation.

I'm from Ohio and applied through TMDSAS because their OOS tuition rates are amazing. I received my first invite for the season to a Texas school and am planning on attending. But, airfare expenses being what they are, I'm hoping to keep the number of cross country flights I have to make for interviews this year to a minimum.

I was thinking to contact the other Texas schools I applied to to notify them that I will be in the area in hopes that if they are considering me for an interview they might be willing to coordinate or give me an interview date around the same time. Do you think that would be acceptable? And if so, what's the best way to phrase that without sounding pretentious?

Thanks for the help in advance!
 
Hey guys!

I was hoping you might be able to suggest the best way to address this situation.

I'm from Ohio and applied through TMDSAS because their OOS tuition rates are amazing. I received my first invite for the season to a Texas school and am planning on attending. But, airfare expenses being what they are, I'm hoping to keep the number of cross country flights I have to make for interviews this year to a minimum.

I was thinking to contact the other Texas schools I applied to to notify them that I will be in the area in hopes that if they are considering me for an interview they might be willing to coordinate or give me an interview date around the same time. Do you think that would be acceptable? And if so, what's the best way to phrase that without sounding pretentious?

Thanks for the help in advance!


Absolutely acceptable! Might even nudge you an interview at a convenient time. The cities the schools are in are well known so if you were to email UT Houston and say you are going to be in Galveston, they would know exactly what that means. Just FYI, if you're going to El Paso, you're not exactly "in the area"...
 
Yea its OK to send in the area e-mails.

On a side note the title was misleading. Ohio->Texas is hardly a cross-country flight
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree Texas is big but travelling from Ohio to Texas is much easier than being on the West Coast and having to travel to 4+ interviews on the East Coast.