This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ruben Heuer

Reaction score
Focus Group on Medical Communication

Are you a medical student interested in patient communication? Do you want to to develop your communication skills? This study on medical communication could be a chance for you to engage with this important aspect of clinical practice.

I am conducting qualitative research on the communication of medical information and am looking for volunteers to participate in online focus groups as part of my study. Through our discussions, I hope to learn more about the common grounds and sources of misunderstanding between doctors and patients. By participating in a 60-minute focus group, you will contribute to our knowledge about communication practices and potentially impact the way it is taught in medical schools. You will also have an opportunity to discuss interesting cases and hone your explanatory skills in a low-stakes situation outside the classroom.

· Each student will participate in a single online focus group that will last for about 60 minutes

· About 5 people will participate in each focus group

· Discussions are moderated by me and recorded for accuracy

· Your responses will be anonymized throughout the research and in any final report or publication

· Participation is completely voluntary - you can end your participation at any time during the session

If you are interested in participating in the study or would like more information please contact me at: [email protected] or sign up on the study's Qualtrics page https://uchicago.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6fDt9Htsf4eEBPU. This study has been approved by the IRB of the University of Chicago. For additional details please consult the project information sheet below. I am looking forward to hearing from you!

Best,

Ruben Heuer

Graduate Student
MAPSS (Master of Arts in the Social Sciences)
PI / Advisor: Prof. Eugene Raikhel
University of Chicago

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Project Information Sheet1024_1.jpg