Food Drive Volunteering

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Arizona1738

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

So I just recently signed up for Food Drive Volunteering once a week to collect food for those who need it most. I am applying next year, but was just wondering two things:

1. Would this be considered Underprivileged/Underserved Volunteering? If not, what would it be considered?

2. How would adcoms view this type of volunteering if I am very passionate about it?

I am going to do and continue this volunteering for most definitely 6+ months (as long as I can to be completely honest) because I love the organization and what it's doing for those in need! I just want to know how it will be viewed on my AMCAS so I know what to write in the future. I would appreciate any feedback/advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone!

So I just recently signed up for Food Drive Volunteering once a week to collect food for those who need it most. I am applying next year, but was just wondering two things:

1. Would this be considered Underprivileged/Underserved Volunteering? If not, what would it be considered?

2. How would adcoms view this type of volunteering if I am very passionate about it?

I am going to do and continue this volunteering for most definitely 6+ months (as long as I can to be completely honest) because I love the organization and what it's doing for those in need! I just want to know how it will be viewed on my AMCAS so I know what to write in the future. I would appreciate any feedback/advice!
I feel like instead of worrying about how the adcom will view this EC experience, pick something that you feel passionate about. If you like what you do, people will see your passion.

Reactions: 1 user
I feel like instead of worrying about how the adcom will view this EC experience, pick something that you feel passionate about. If you like what you do, people will see your passion.

You're right! I am taking part in this because I am passionate about it I was just curious to know if it would be considered underprivileged volunteering only because I have heard some schools actually require some sort of underserved volunteering! Thanks for your response though I appreciate it!

If anyone could answer whether this would be underprivileged/underserved volunteering I would greatly appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad :)

1. Would this be considered Underprivileged/Underserved Volunteering?

1) Yes.

2) Community service that helps those with poor economic resources is admirable, but you'd get more mileage out of it if you are interacting face-to-face with the folks that are being helped, as opposed to going out and collecting the food, or stocking shelves. If you eventually take a leadership role with the organization, that's even better. JMO.

1) Yes.

2) Community service that helps those with poor economic resources is admirable, but you'd get more mileage out of it if you are interacting face-to-face with the folks that are being helped, as opposed to going out and collecting the food, or stocking shelves. If you eventually take a leadership role with the organization, that's even better. JMO.

Okay understood thanks so much! So, if, in addition to food drive volunteering, I also do the food pantry volunteering whenever my schedule for the weekdays clears up (which I am planning to do hopefully next semester), it would look even better because it's face to face interaction, correct? As for leadership, I will definitely try to get a position for it!

1) So, if, in addition to food drive volunteering, I also do the food pantry volunteering whenever my schedule for the weekdays clears up (which I am planning to do hopefully next semester), it would look even better because it's face to face interaction, correct?

2) As for leadership, I will definitely try to get a position for it!
1) Correct.

2) :thumbup: