for all those who are retaking the MCAT after the April 7th disaster...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dondon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
for all those who are retaking the MCAT after the April 7th disaster... I don't want to feel like sh-it by myself...

we could all feel bad together...

Bio section killed me: PS10 VR10 BS6

Discuss...

Members don't see this ad.

im retaking. im aiming to stay in CA. i dont think im competitive. sigh. I thought i would be one of those guys that scored a couple points higher in the real AAMC over the practice.. I'm the same.

California... why are you making it so hard to stay?

I signed up for the June 15th retake...I am still trying to wrap that around my head!

Members don't see this ad :)
im retaking. im aiming to stay in CA. i dont think im competitive. sigh. I thought i would be one of those guys that scored a couple points higher in the real AAMC over the practice.. I'm the same.

California... why are you making it so hard to stay?

Cali is hard. How did you do on the MCAT? I'd say you would need at least a 32 or higher on the MCAT and a decent GPA to have a good shot.

Hey all,

I'm embarrased to say I scored lower on the real deal than my practice scores. I was averaging 31-32 and scored a 28 :(
I dunno what happened...I ran out of time in Verbal, I ran out of time on Phys Sci., I suck. I NEVER ran out of time on verbal on practices. NEVER.

Blech. I'm kind of feeling like **** right now. I should have worked harder. Eh, should have, could have - such is life. Here we go again. Monday morning I'm whipping out those books once again.

No Miami for me. At least not until I hit my target score.

For those of you taking it in the summer are you going to apply this year and just update AMCAS when the scores come in, or will you delay a year or what?

I'm already signed up for retake on May 25. I knew coming out of the exam that I bombed and it went exactly like I expected. For anyone who missed it, a radio station started broadcasting Live across the parking lot from my testing center and continued to broadcast the entire duration of the exam. Loud bass, music, people talking... suffice it to say I was rattled. Started 10 mins into PS and that's the one I bombed:

7 PS
13 VR
9 BS

Hopefully the 25th will go better. Good luck to you all, I know how bad it feels. :(

I didnt even look at mine yet!!!!!!! I retook on april 16th so I think im just going to wait until those come out so I dont have to spend 10 days in a state of depression! Good luck to everyone whose reaking! The april 7th was awful!

yea i did disastrous on the verbal (ewww 7) and I got an okay BS and PS (10 on each). I decided to take it on July 13th (3 days before my 21st :D) to give me ample time to improve my verbal and polish the BS and PS. While all that studying is happening, I'll start filling out my AMCAS and getting in all the LORs and doing my PS. Then when I get my new MCAT score (hopefully much higher like a 32) mid August, I send everything in and hope for the best. :)

yea and i also did way lower than my practice test (29-36) and got a 27... i think its mainly for my verbal inconsistencies and really hard bio section that threw me off completely.

yea i did disastrous on the verbal (ewww 7) and I got an okay BS and PS (10 on each). I decided to take it on July 13th (3 days before my 21st :D) to give me ample time to improve my verbal and polish the BS and PS. While all that studying is happening, I'll start filling out my AMCAS and getting in all the LORs and doing my PS. Then when I get my new MCAT score (hopefully much higher like a 32) mid August, I send everything in and hope for the best. :)

yea and i also did way lower than my practice test (29-36) and got a 27... i think its mainly for my verbal inconsistencies and really hard bio section that threw me off completely.

I'm in the same boat (exact same score), and I am wondering how to proceed as well..I really have the urge to retake on the 31st, if I can find a spot within my state! So my question is do I submit AMCAS now with the 27 or wait until early July and submit with the retake score? Will falling a month behind the early applicants be that harmful?

im going to retake i think. Even though i scored a 33R, the scores were lopsided.

Whens the earliest us april 7thers can retake?

DUDE, I just saw your score on the other thread! Why would you do this?! Just because you have a 9 on the verbal instead of a 10 to get your score to your target of a 34? The chances are high that your score will not improve. As you probably know, its extremely difficult to improve you score from an already good one!

Well I am in prep for the August MCATs that are commin up, but i wish you all the best results, theres alot of heartbreak and difficulties in this path that we all have taken. I dont know all the answers but effort and composure are key aspects. I have started preparing but find a lack of drive and being able to sit long periods of time, I know I will come to regret this later, don't know what to do.

Best of destiny to you all.

May 25th here I come! It was the only day I could get within reasonable driving distance..This time I will own the verbal. Good luck to us all :)

What do you guys think of my case? I just got my scores back.

31S

9 VR (I scored 12s twice on separate verbal sections so this one sorta surprised me)
10 PS
12 B

I have a 3.44 GPA in Biology from Georgetown University and will probably be attending Georgetown University's Special Masters Program this upcoming year. The thing is, I only studied for the MCAT for about a week (really 2 weeks a month earlier, but wound up voiding it because of the verbal glitch in January, then 1 week before this April 7th test). During these study periods I only studied content from the EK series. I never seem to be able to get off of content because I never think I know it well enough. I haven't taken a full practice test, only bits and pieces, so practice is what could really help me.

I'm not here to bitch and complain about my score. I am no troll. I just know that I didn't study nearly as much as I could have. Do you think I could see serious improvement if I kicked it into gear (I am registered for the July 24th MCAT currently). I just want to score the highest I can because my GPA is not all that competitive.

There is no need to retake the MCAT or do an SMP. Just apply early and broadly.

What do you guys think of my case? I just got my scores back.

31S

9 VR (I scored 12s twice on separate verbal sections so this one sorta surprised me)
10 PS
12 B

I have a 3.44 GPA in Biology from Georgetown University and will probably be attending Georgetown University's Special Masters Program this upcoming year. The thing is, I only studied for the MCAT for about a week (really 2 weeks a month earlier, but wound up voiding it because of the verbal glitch in January, then 1 week before this April 7th test). During these study periods I only studied content from the EK series. I never seem to be able to get off of content because I never think I know it well enough. I haven't taken a full practice test, only bits and pieces, so practice is what could really help me.

I'm not here to bitch and complain about my score. I am no troll. I just know that I didn't study nearly as much as I could have. Do you think I could see serious improvement if I kicked it into gear (I am registered for the July 24th MCAT currently). I just want to score the highest I can because my GPA is not all that competitive.

Well I would really like to stay here at Georgetown. I work here, went here for school, and my girlfriend of 3 and a half years is staying here for law school. I figured my grades wouldn't be enough for medical school, especially Georgetown, and that an SMP might help me reform my work ethic when it comes to studying (which is crap). I have seriously considered just applying to medical school, but I just don't want to work in the job I'm at for another year. hmm...