For those current USC students....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for everyone working on the top 200 list...
the FDA site is really informative in terms of drug info

FDA site

hope it helps!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Dloi,

I'll email you. I would've tonight but for some reason (as always :rolleyes: ) AOL is acting weird right now and the only time I have to get on the computer is now since I don't have my computer with me (left it at home instead of bringing it with me for summer school). Anyway my email is [email protected] btw thanks for the website. I'll check it out when I get my list and start working on my drugs. laters

HI everyone,

i just received my drug list on saturday... boy... it is a very long list. i would love to participate in working on the drug list also. i can take the last 25 drugs if no one has taken it yet.

hnguyen

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Guys,

I would love to take part in completing the list. Please let me know if I can be any help. I can take away some of the workload from you guys since the due date for the first 100 is on this Sat. I was out practicing swing dancing for my up coming performance at the oc fair on Sat and Sun. That's why I could not reply earlier.

Hi, since we have more people who want to help :) . . . I still have drugs 91-100 to look up . . . if anyone wants they can take my other half :D . . . that way I can start double-checking the ones I have (drugs76-90) ;) .

Hi all,

I can take the 91-100. I will have my part ready by Friday.

Update:

Since we have some newbies that want to join in our group, if anyone has a portion (maximum 10-12) that they still are working on and would like to have someone help them out/contribute to our group, please post underneath AS WELL as PM your helper. Thanks.

Steve (originally 26-50)
Steve (26-40)...i will have these done by tonight
Hnguyen (41-50)...i will PM her now

lr pharm (originally 76-100)
lr pharm (76-90)
pandahuimei (91-100)

I love my classmates already!!! Cooperative learning is great! :laugh:

I'd just like to thank dloi for creating the template for our drug list...it will make it so much easier for all of us to compile everything together once we are done. i would have never come up with that idea. thanks dloi!

P.S. did anyone hear from Seaver housing? I got an email from Donna, I'm number 6 on the waiting list.

I know you guys have already divided everything up, but can I get in on this Drug List. If there is anything I can do, let me know.... Thanks.

hey ngmpr3ss !
you can help me with my portion :)

dloi (originally 51-75)
dloi (now 51-65 )
ngmpr3ss (66-75)

i will pm you right now

if anyone still wants to take some of mine - you can take 15-25. I;ll do 1-15 by tomorrow then.

Update:

Once your share of the drug list is done, please send your word template files to dloi and myself at our email accounts. We are planning to compile two lists, one numerical (1-200) for easy studying for the august quiz (1-100) and the other list will be catergorical (analgesics/antihistamines/etc) so we can all get a jist of the different classifications of drugs. It looks like everyone is making great progress!

My email address for the drug lists is [email protected]. Thats a zero after the e.

Dloi will post her email address shortly, or PM you with hers.

Members don't see this ad :)
SynergeticSteve said:
I'd just like to thank dloi for creating the template for our drug list...it will make it so much easier for all of us to compile everything together once we are done. i would have never come up with that idea. thanks dloi!

P.S. did anyone hear from Seaver housing? I got an email from Donna, I'm number 6 on the waiting list.

Actually, I'm still waiting to hear about Seaver... I didn't think there would be a waitlist because it seemed like so many people were interested in off-campus housing. I just hope they tell us our status soon so we can look for apartments if we don't get into Seaver. :(

hey guys,

I've been away on vacation...glad to know that my threadhas grown so much.....I'll take drugs #15-25 if no one has claimed them. lemme know ASAP so I can start. thanks.

Justin

Thank Diol... so I got 66-75. :thumbup:

ok, justin od:
tanyas 1-14
justin od 15-25

update:

here's another update of the partitioning of the drug list. if any of you, especially the persons doing 101-200, need assistance please post your concerns (ex. doing 101-115, need help with 116-125) ASAP so others can help. also, make sure to coordinate a PM between the person taking over your share, so we don't overlap. finally, make sure and email both dloi and myself at our email addresses posted previously once you are done. thanks.

tanyas #1-14
justin #15-25
steve #26-40
hnguyen #41-50
dloi #51-65
ngmp3ss #66-75
lr pharm #76-90
pandahuimei #91-100
pharmdgrl #101-125
biophiliac #126-150
muimui221 #151-175
calgal03 #176-200

Hi, I'd like to help with the list too. I just got mine a couple days ago. :) Sorry to come in kind of late, but if anyone needs assistance please let me know which ones I can work on. Thanks! You guys are really getting a headstart on networking!

so we just type our info on a word document and email it to you two guys right? or do u already have a template we can use?

justin, we already have a template that you can use (making it easier to compile later on). PM me with your email address, and I'll send you the template.

kelly1180 said:
Hi, I'd like to help with the list too. I just got mine a couple days ago. :) Sorry to come in kind of late, but if anyone needs assistance please let me know which ones I can work on. Thanks! You guys are really getting a headstart on networking!
Hey Kelly, you can help me with mine if you want. I can do 151-165 and you can do 166 - 175. Is that ok?

Hello everyone!

I'd like to help out with the drug list also. Let me know what drugs I can take care of. PM me please. I look forward to meeting you all in the Fall.
Thanks!

Shoplifter said:
Hello everyone!

I'd like to help out with the drug list also. Let me know what drugs I can take care of. PM me please. I look forward to meeting you all in the Fall.
Thanks!

Shoplifter: you can take half of mine. I'll do 101-113 and you can do 114-125 =)

here is something that has been bugging me. if a certain drug comes in different dosage forms, are we supposed to know all of them, or just the primary form? also, will we be quizzed on directions/usage of the drugs? perhaps 2nd yr students can chime in. thanks.

Muimui, 166-175 sounds good. I'll get started on it and I'll email Dloi for the template. Thanks!

Hi guys, I'm almost done with 175-187...does someone want to help me out with the rest?

:love: :love: USC School of Pharmacy Class of 2008 :love: :love:

You guys are awesome. Keep up the good work everyone!

I just got my list. May I join the fun?? BTW what's the best resource for getting the drug info (dosage forms, directions... etc.)?

I am attaching a sample of the drug list to this post. I hope it will be useful.

Attachments

• Sample Drug List.doc
    48 KB · Views: 218
Update:

Thank you so much BMB for posting the sample drug list. To answer zenguppy's question, just make sure and use multiple sources (example: i'm using the Physician's Desk Reference as well as the Drugs Facts and Comparisons handbooks) in order to assure accurate information. You can also check the FDA site that Dloi recommended.

Partitions:

tanyas 1-14
justin 15-25
steve 26-40
hnyugen 41-50
dloi 51-65
ngmpr3ss 66-75
lr pharm 76-90
pandahuimei 91-100
pharmdgrl 101-113
shoplifter 114-125
biophiliac 126-150
muimui 151-165
kelly 166-175
calgal 176-200 (possibly zenguppy can help you out with the last 12 or so)

Hey guys,
I'm done with my part. If anyone needs any help let me know?

Dloi...
I just e-mailed you my part. Let me know if you got it.Thanks!

Hey guys...I was looking at BMB's partial drug list. One thing I noticed was that it had the pronunciation of the drug names on it which I thought was very helpful. Maybe we should include that in ours as well? Let me know what you all think.

I think thats a great idea pharmdgrl! Trying to pronounce all those generics is a test in itself...wouldn't want to sound stupid when the patients can pronounce the names better than we can =). Good luck everyone with the list....i love team efforts =)

hmmm...i can take on any leftovers if there are any at this point. if not that's cool too. heh...takes a while to mail to chicago.

thanks zenguppy34 for helping me out with the last part!

No Prob. Calgal.... just wondering.... do you all wanna meet up sometime in August before the orientation? We should get dinner/drinks or something. PM me if you do. I can organize something.

Hey everyone,

Half way point until the deadline on SATURDAY, 7/17. If anyone needs help on their portions, please post those concerns. Just to let everyone know, it'll probably take a few extra days for dloi and I to compile the lists once we have everyone's info.

I for one, would love to meet everyone that has contributed to our group effort before orientation. Maybe in addition to dinner/drinks, perhaps some fun activity beforehand, like miniature golf at Golf'n Stuff in Cerritos or karaoke or something?? I dunno...I'm open to suggestions.

Oh, NIVS22, I think you should PM biophiliac because she/he is the only one with a full 25 drug portion still (zenguppy did 188-200 from calgal's share).

hey guys, it seems like everything's divided up already... any room for one more to join your group? maybe i can compile the templates... well if not, that's okay too...thanks!

Steve,
I think that's a great ideal to meet up...Just let me know what you guys decide.

Hey guys.... so the orientation begins on the August 17th, so let's say we all meet up the weekend before on the 14th or 15th. Hopefully everyone will find housing by then. I was thinking about having dinner at Old Town Pasadena (about 15-20min away from campus). There's lots of nice restaurants (Cheescake Factory :) ) and things to do (movies, shopping... etc.). Doing something beforehand sounds great too. Mini-Golf sounds good... karaoke.... (only if you really want hear me sing :eek: ) or how about bowling? Let me know what you guys think.

Hi all,

Aug 15th sounds good to me. Although Cheesecake is awesome, there is always a long line. It is a bit easier to get tables at Crocodile Cafe or Buca. I am fine with bowling and miniature golf.

Let me know.

Hi everyone. Since most of you are going to USC on this thread, I thought I'd ask as a future applicant (2 yrs from now), what is USC and the School of Pharmacy like? I heard USC is near the "ghetto", but what does that mean?

I'll be welcoming a baby girl into my life in a month and was wondering what kind of place it is like w/ respect to raising a family around there. Where is student/family housing and is it affordable?

What were your opinions about the USC program (length of time, rigour of classes compared to other Cali pharm school such as UOP, UCSF, and UCSD)?

Thanks for everyone's input ahead of time! :)

Hi JDPharmD,

Most of us on this thread are entering 1st year pharmacy students, so we can't really tell you what all the ins and outs of the pharmacy school are yet. As a person who has grown up in LA all my life, I can tell you that, USC, as you've heard, is located in the "ghetto", or more technically East LA. The area immediately surrounding the school is not that safe, but outlying neighborhoods, where most health science students live anyway (alhambra, monterey, pasadena) are reasonably priced and safe. There is a growing Asian-American population in Alhambra and Monterey Park, so if you like Asian-type food you'll be in for a treat. Family housing would more likely be located near the University campus (undergrad) located about 5-10 miles West of the health science campus, so if you decided to live there, you'd have to take a bus/shuttle to get to school, or drive.

I applied to all the schools you mentioned, and got in to both UCSF and USC (UOP waitlisted me and I didn't go to the SD interview). My main reasons for going to USC were the dual degree programs that were offered (trying to get a PharmD/MBA), 4 yrs at USC suited me better (I anticipate I'll need the summers to intern and find out my niche in pharmacy), flexibility of their curriculum (SC changes their coursework every so often to suit the needs of the students, and it doesn't use the "if it still works, don't fix it" mentality that I think other pharm schools may have), networking abilities (50% of pharmacists in SoCal are graduates of USC pharm school, plus the comraderie I've witnessed this past week with the drug list makes me feel so happy), and of course, being close to my family and friends.

Hope this helps. PM me if you have any other questions.

hey,
wow so much has happened since i've had the chance to get to a computer and add to this thread. ( i have tests every single week, 2 this week just took them today :cool: and no computer of my own at this time) anyway is it ok if i have my drugs to you guys by after the 17th say maybe saturday or sunday of this week instead because i don't have my list yet!!!! i'm so sorrryyy!!! i remember seeing on another post that if we are 101-200 it would be asap to aug 27th. has that changed!!! :eek: if one of you can email or pm my drugs i can get started on it tomorrow since i have a little free time where i could work on them.
lates

hey nivss22
i just checked my pm and if you want to split that is ok :). i'll do 126-138 and you can do 138-150. sorry for the hold up...don't have my computer by the way can you pm or email me my drugs thanks a bunch take care :) that way i can probally get them done by friday

Quick Question:
For the drug list ...
does everyone know SIG codes? or should i write the directions in long hand?

Also, are we expected to know SIG codes for the Drug Exam?

Just curious... cuz the sample list used SIG codes