For those of us who've already been accepted but are waitlisted.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ellie42

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's 9pm and I'm still at the office instead of at home or at the gym. Why? I'm hoping I can do something or write something to convince UCLA to accept me off their waitlist. I'm probably going to Minnesota this fall, an excellent school by all counts, but I keep hoping for that call from UCLA. If you're in the same boat as me, let's help each other to remember: we're going to be doctors dammit! We should be celebrating instead of sitting around, wringing our hands.

Here goes: WOOT! I'm going to medical school! Who cares if it's cold as all f*, I'll be indoors studying anyway!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same boat. I should be heading to one of my state schools this fall, but I'm still praying and frantically checking my email for an acceptance to my original first choice. I almost feel like i'm back in the same position when I was praying for my first interview and acceptance. This should be our "relax and enjoy your last free summer" time but well... At least I'm consoled that my state school is quite awesome and a little cheaper.

I'm in the same boat. I should be heading to one of my state schools this fall, but I'm still praying and frantically checking my email for an acceptance to my original first choice. I almost feel like i'm back in the same position when I was praying for my first interview and acceptance. This should be our "relax and enjoy your last free summer" time but well... At least I'm consoled that my state school is quite awesome and a little cheaper.

Im in the same position as well. I was offered a spot at on of my top choices, which is great, but I am still holding out hope that my state school will holla at a brother before orientation begins at teh school that I was originally accepted to!
Well, this should be teh time of rejoicing, so ...hip hip Hurray!!!!!!!!!!111

Members don't see this ad :)
yea i was in the same position until yesterday when I got into my top choice so it's still possible.

I am in this boat too. I am actually preparing to move to two places. I have housing lists and budgets for both. I am happy with the acceptance I have, but would be ecstatic with the other.

In the same situation ... I'm accepted at a great school, but the fact that I'm still on a waitlist at a school where I would be 100x happier is making this process that much more dragged-on. At this point, I wish something would just happen so I can finally say, with confidence, that yes, I'm going to School X.

My entire application process, from almost a full year ago, has been fraught with this kind of hanging-on-to-something-and-waiting. It's really tiring :(

For me it's more confusing than tiring. Imagine holding off on signing a lease at some place, becos you don't want a binding contract.
I love my second choice school, but at the same time....I wish I know I am definitely going there. And to talk about room-mate choices...phew!~:(

Im in the same position as well. I was offered a spot at on of my top choices, which is great, but I am still holding out hope that my state school will holla at a brother before orientation begins at teh school that I was originally accepted to!
Well, this should be teh time of rejoicing, so ...hip hip Hurray!!!!!!!!!!111

HA! I know what school you're hoping to hear from. It may help to send in another letter of intent.. can't hurt even if it doesn't help. That's what i've been doing for my first choice. I'm confident you'll hear back though.. and we just might be in the same class if my top choice does not get back to me..

It's 9pm and I'm still at the office instead of at home or at the gym. Why? I'm hoping I can do something or write something to convince UCLA to accept me off their waitlist. I'm probably going to Minnesota this fall, an excellent school by all counts, but I keep hoping for that call from UCLA. If you're in the same boat as me, let's help each other to remember: we're going to be doctors dammit! We should be celebrating instead of sitting around, wringing our hands.

Here goes: WOOT! I'm going to medical school! Who cares if it's cold as all f*, I'll be indoors studying anyway!

As a midwestern myself, I have to worn you if the heat indoors breaks down... then I'm sure you will care:D. Just kidding, you'll be fine, and congrats on the acceptance!

HA! I know what school you're hoping to hear from. It may help to send in another letter of intent.. can't hurt even if it doesn't help. That's what i've been doing for my first choice. I'm confident you'll hear back though.. and we just might be in the same class if my top choice does not get back to me..

Hey you little teaser.lol. I sent them a letter of intent but because its ranked, that will not better my spot. I have come to the conclusion that I wont go to Upstate. I had found housing and placed a down payment in Syracuse, but I realized that Upstate may not be such agreat fit for me. I dont know what it is, but loking at the facebook page and trying to remember exactly what I loved about Syracuse other than the tuition and great facilities...I think I need a lot more than that. BUt again, if UPstate calls before July 13th, it will be tempting.
Anyhoo, we could have been classmates if you chose to stay in D.C.