This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted952495

I am a US citizen who did his high school in a foreign country and I earned my GCE A-levels at the end of my high school. I have attended a community College in Texas for 2 years and recently transferred into a university. The problem is that the university I have transferred into has assigned me 6 courses of advanced credit titled "GCE Advanced" which is about 24 hours of science pre-reqs that I have already taken at the community college. These advanced credit have a separate column and have been assigned a university equivalent Course number, prefix, credits and sadly a grade. The community college did not give me any advanced credit for my high school courses unlike my University. So will my GCE-Advanced courses be considered as AP credit or Duel enrollment when applying through TMDSAS? GCE-Alevels are done in high schools and not through a college so I don't know how it could be counted as duel enrollment. I do not plan to use these advanced credit since I have already taken all my pre-reqs in the US. Also since these advanced credits are not from a US/Canadian High-school can they count as foreign coursework if they do end up counting as duel enrollment credits instead of AP?

Members don't see this ad.

You're fine. You will input the country where you took the class regardless of what US school gave you credit for it. Any credit you receive from a US school for a class you've taken outside the US or Canada will NOT count toward your TMDSAS GPA. If a US school gave you credit for a class you took outside the US you will input as if taken in the original country, NOT the crediting school. So no duplication of the same class unless you actually attended a separate time for each duplicate.

Reactions: 1 user
You're fine. You will input the country where you took the class regardless of what US school gave you credit for it. Any credit you receive from a US school for a class you've taken outside the US or Canada will NOT count toward your TMDSAS GPA. If a US school gave you credit for a class you took outside the US you will input as if taken in the original country, NOT the crediting school. So no duplication of the same class unless you actually attended a separate time for each duplicate.
Thank you for explaining it in detail. I actually ordered an official transcript today to see if its any different from my unofficial one, The official transcript actually doesn't have any Courses or grades listed on it, it just states the total number of foreign transfer credits lumped together into a single line. Does the foreign coursework exclusion from GPA rule apply to AADAS as well?

You're welcome!
I don't know about AADAS. But if I had to guess I'd say they also don't include foreign work toward GPA calculation and that's mainly because the rule is no US school accepts foreign coursework outside US or Canada.

Reactions: 1 user