Foreign Pharmacist jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hrithik

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am a foreign pharmacist and I got my License like a month back in GA.
I am having a hard time to find a job, I have applied at multiple places for the job openings but nothing worked out. They all reply back saying “ we have decided to pursue with other candidates”.
Can someone please guide me on how should I proceed to find a job.

Are there any further courses which I can do to add some value to my resume.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Heyy, as a fellow foreign grad:

You really need to work extra hard in selling yourself for a job. Include a cover letter, follow up with a phone call and see if the workplace is right for you etc etc etc. You also need to be extra enthusiastic with every single person you meet. A lot of it is professional networking, use linked in, make friends in the field, go to CE events in your area to network etc. etc.

Make sure you have advanced life support courses, immunization courses. If you want to go down the more clinical route, then check out courses like BCPS etc. Not sure if you would qualify but no harm in having a career path laid out for yourself.

Reactions: 1 user
In a world where there are 50 applicants within 8 hrs of a job posting, you need to make sure your name/resume stands out above and beyond. If you know what kind of place you want to work, visit, show your face, make sure they know your name. People will be calling you back for jobs if you are enthusiastic.

Also, don't focus so much on hours/benefits etc etc at this stage, that happens over time. It's tough world in pharmacy out there atm, even tougher as a foreign grad at the beginning but make sure you're meeting your long term career goals and you should be all set. Best of luck!!

Reactions: 1 user
Heyy, as a fellow foreign grad:

You really need to work extra hard in selling yourself for a job. Include a cover letter, follow up with a phone call and see if the workplace is right for you etc etc etc. You also need to be extra enthusiastic with every single person you meet. A lot of it is professional networking, use linked in, make friends in the field, go to CE events in your area to network etc. etc.

Make sure you have advanced life support courses, immunization courses. If you want to go down the more clinical route, then check out courses like BCPS etc. Not sure if you would qualify but no harm in having a career path laid out for yourself.
Thanks a ton for the pieces of advice, can you please tell me how should I proceed for the advance courses.
May be if you can suggest me few site.

Thanks in advance.