You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Foreign Veterinary Graduates
Started by rocibell
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
should i fly back to the philippines to finish vet school? im getting my citizenship in a couple of months and im starting to chicken out. not because of "career choice" but (just being honest) the lifestyle i have here. yes, im so used to the US lifestyle that im having second thoughts of leaving and studying back in the PI. i have never thought of doing anything else other than becoming a veterinarian but there is no way i afford california school tuition. with the economy being bad the last thing i need are school debts! i havent slept thinking about this and i really want to hear thoughts from foreign vets US licensed or not.
thanks
b
thanks
b
Is 2011 CPE curriculum different from 2010CPE, just in general..Thanks.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello
there is a CPE preparaton book from VCRC, it coveres the different section they have in the CPE.
New it costs you 240$, since they charge a lot for shipping.
I just did the CPE and sell that book now, for 150 plus shipping, if you are interested,
it is like new
there is a CPE preparaton book from VCRC, it coveres the different section they have in the CPE.
New it costs you 240$, since they charge a lot for shipping.
I just did the CPE and sell that book now, for 150 plus shipping, if you are interested,
it is like new
Well, it includes all the 7 sections you have during the CPE. I bought it and some of it was helpful, some I didn't use at all. There is a list of good differentials for all species etc.
If you are interested I can sell it to you for cheaper than VCRC is charging esp the shipping cost.
If you are interested I can sell it to you for cheaper than VCRC is charging esp the shipping cost.
hey if you are still interested in buying the Cpe preparation book from VCRC I have one here at home I am selling and it could save you quite some money,
Let me know if interested
Let me know if interested
Hola
Yo me gradue en Peru, en San Marcos. Acabo de dar NAVLE y aun sigo esperando resultados de CPE.
Primero tienes que obtener tus documentos de tu universidad: certificado de graduacion, titulo, sillabus's. Luego vas a las oficinas de tu facultad para ke los sellen, tambien una explicacion de como se aprueban los cursos en tu universidad. Llevas todos esos papeles a los ministerios de educacion para sellos y luego al ministerio de relaciones exteriores por mas sellos
Luego traduces todos esos docs en ingles; traduccion oficial. Hazlo en Peru para ke te salga mas barato.
Luego inscribete en el ECFVG program. ellos te van a pedir esos papeles; tambien tus resultados de TOEFL u otro english exam. Los detalles estan en la pagina de ECFVG del AVMA.
Una vez que tengas el puntaje minimo del TOEFL, te van a dar permiso para que dees el BCSE (teoria) en cualquier oficina de PROMETRIC cerca a tu casa.
Cuando pases el BCSE te van a dar permiso para que tomes el CPE (practico, 3 dias) y tambien para dar el NAVLE (teoria, este examen lo dan todos los vets en US).
Cuando pases esos, luego tienes ke dar un examen en el estado que kieras practicar. Yo lo voy a dar en Utah; que es donde vivo por ahora. Este ultimo examen ni cuenta, luego ke pases CPE y NAVLE.
Espero que te sirva de ayuda.
Si tienes preguntas avisame no mas.
Yo me gradue en Peru, en San Marcos. Acabo de dar NAVLE y aun sigo esperando resultados de CPE.
Primero tienes que obtener tus documentos de tu universidad: certificado de graduacion, titulo, sillabus's. Luego vas a las oficinas de tu facultad para ke los sellen, tambien una explicacion de como se aprueban los cursos en tu universidad. Llevas todos esos papeles a los ministerios de educacion para sellos y luego al ministerio de relaciones exteriores por mas sellos
Luego traduces todos esos docs en ingles; traduccion oficial. Hazlo en Peru para ke te salga mas barato.
Luego inscribete en el ECFVG program. ellos te van a pedir esos papeles; tambien tus resultados de TOEFL u otro english exam. Los detalles estan en la pagina de ECFVG del AVMA.
Una vez que tengas el puntaje minimo del TOEFL, te van a dar permiso para que dees el BCSE (teoria) en cualquier oficina de PROMETRIC cerca a tu casa.
Cuando pases el BCSE te van a dar permiso para que tomes el CPE (practico, 3 dias) y tambien para dar el NAVLE (teoria, este examen lo dan todos los vets en US).
Cuando pases esos, luego tienes ke dar un examen en el estado que kieras practicar. Yo lo voy a dar en Utah; que es donde vivo por ahora. Este ultimo examen ni cuenta, luego ke pases CPE y NAVLE.
Espero que te sirva de ayuda.
Si tienes preguntas avisame no mas.
should i fly back to the philippines to finish vet school? im getting my citizenship in a couple of months and im starting to chicken out. not because of "career choice" but (just being honest) the lifestyle i have here. yes, im so used to the US lifestyle that im having second thoughts of leaving and studying back in the PI. i have never thought of doing anything else other than becoming a veterinarian but there is no way i afford california school tuition. with the economy being bad the last thing i need are school debts! i havent slept thinking about this and i really want to hear thoughts from foreign vets US licensed or not.
thanks
b
Hey there! I got my DVM from the University of the Philippines in 09. I say if you want to get your veterinary education in the Philippines, go to the best school.
After you finish the four years of vet school, return to the US and get ready to take the ECFVG (maybe another year or so of studying and another year of externships), and voila,if everything goes well, you will get your license to practice in the US.
This route is definitely much cheaper than going to a US vet school. You just have to deal with the ECFVG afterwards, and a somewhat discrimination in the US for foreign vet grads (haha).
You still have to take the TOEFL. The AVMA only exempts the English language test if you are from Canada, Europe or Australia. TOEFL scores are only valid for two years, so just get ready to take the TOEFL again.hi i am vet graduate d from india . whole of my schooling is from convent school the medium of instruction is english . my question is it necessary for me to prove my English competency through TOEFL or IELTS . i had cleared TOEFL 5 years back is that scores valid if i want to register now.
Hi everyone, I am planning to immigrate to the US and appear for the board exams there, can anybody tell me what first steps I should take, and is it mandatory to appear boards staying in the US, someone in this forum said we could join as vet assistant there but that was long back, now what are the rules or maybe what is best ?
You got two options:Hi everyone, I am planning to immigrate to the US and appear for the board exams there, can anybody tell me what first steps I should take, and is it mandatory to appear boards staying in the US, someone in this forum said we could join as vet assistant there but that was long back, now what are the rules or maybe what is best ?
Certification with the AVMA: http://www.avma.org/education/ecfvg/default.asp
Accepted in all states
or
Certification with AAVSB http://www.aavsb.org/PAVE/
Not accepted in all states.
You will find specific and detailed information in their website. Do your own homework!
Mandatory? To work as a Veterinarian, you need a license. No boards = NO license. However you can work as an assistant. You can go to any local clinic (in the US) and ask if they need and additional assistant. They will tell you the requirements, previous experience and your foreign Veterinarian degree will do a lot. You just need to find the place. Good Luck!
Also, for certification and boards it depends where you got your degree. If you come from a AVMA accredited school, you need only the boards and not the certification.
Last edited:
You got two options:
Certification with the AVMA: http://www.avma.org/education/ecfvg/default.asp
Accepted in all states
or
Certification with AAVSB http://www.aavsb.org/PAVE/
Not accepted in all states.
You will find specific and detailed information in their website. Do your own homework!
Mandatory? To work as a Veterinarian, you need a license. No boards = NO license. However you can work as an assistant. You can go to any local clinic (in the US) and ask if they need and additional assistant. They will tell you the requirements, previous experience and your foreign Veterinarian degree will do a lot. You just need to find the place. Good Luck!
Also, for certification and boards it depends where you got your degree. If you come from a AVMA accredited school, you need only the boards and not the certification.
Thank you sooo much for the information, I just needed to know whether my experiences and degrees will be taken into consideration if i try to find a vet asstt job, my vet school is not AVMA accredited, but I have a masters degree in surgery and radiology, I am prepared for that, I just need to find a place where they will accept me as a vet assistant-then my plans- after the 1. vet asstt job, 2. prepare boards-3.get vet tech license- 4.get vet license 5. state license, anyway thanks a lot for the info.
Hi, I am planing to open a new place in NYC. Any one interested to work as technician?
I am interested. Would you pls email me at [email protected]
Thank you.
Just checked NBVME online site today for my April NAVLE test result and I'm happy to inform everyone in this forum that I passed!!! It is possible!!! So easy to get discouraged but with diligence and hard work anything is possible! Now my next step is to take the CPE. To everyone out there who is doing the ECFVG process keep it up!!! 🙂🙂🙂
I also passed the NAVLE this April and I will take CPE in Sept in Vegas. Do you have any idea where to start for CPE? or is there anybody from or close to South Carolina?
Nick
[email protected]
Nick
[email protected]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also passed the NAVLE this April and I will take CPE in Sept in Vegas. Do you have any idea where to start for CPE? or is there anybody from or close to South Carolina?
Nick
[email protected]
Honestly, I don't know where to go from here. I'm just about to register for the CPE now. I'm in South Florida and I'm investigating on how and where to get practical experience especially with large animal medicine around here. Any ideas people??? 😕
Honestly, I don't know where to go from here. I'm just about to register for the CPE now. I'm in South Florida and I'm investigating on how and where to get practical experience especially with large animal medicine around here. Any ideas people??? 😕
I'm in the same situation....and looks like people who already took (and pass...) CPE are not chacking this forum anymore
Nick
I'm in the same situation....and looks like people who already took (and pass...) CPE are not chacking this forum anymore
Nick
So Am I, I don't know where to start.
I'm in the same situation....and looks like people who already took (and pass...) CPE are not chacking this forum anymore
Nick
I guess I'm just gonna have to go through the manual and try to see if I can do some volunteer work. I'll post some info here once I figure something out about this last step...

So I've been stressing out about how to get some practical experience as far as large animal practice especially with bovine and seems to be just clueless what to do next. Anybody in this forum can help or know where I can do about this??? Any suggestions??? I'm in south Florida if that helps... 😕
So I've been stressing out about how to get some practical experience as far as large animal practice especially with bovine and seems to be just clueless what to do next. Anybody in this forum can help or know where I can do about this??? Any suggestions??? I'm in south Florida if that helps... 😕
filvet , im in cali , I know lots of bovine , equine vet and small animal vet here but I don't know if traveling is in your plans . let me know and I can get you set up for practical experience . Congrats by the way . I am in cali and studying for the BCSE . I have ways to go but will continue to run the marathon..lol
filvet , im in cali , I know lots of bovine , equine vet and small animal vet here but I don't know if traveling is in your plans . let me know and I can get you set up for practical experience . Congrats by the way . I am in cali and studying for the BCSE . I have ways to go but will continue to run the marathon..lol
Hey! I'm waiting on some leads here in south Florida but if travelling is the only way I'll be able to get some experience then I will. Where are you in California? Goodluck on your BCSE exam. Anything is possible just be consistent on your review and review materials for NAVLE and I'm sure you'll be just fine! Thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep you posted! Thanks again!🙂
Hey! I'm waiting on some leads here in south Florida but if travelling is the only way I'll be able to get some experience then I will. Where are you in California? Goodluck on your BCSE exam. Anything is possible just be consistent on your review and review materials for NAVLE and I'm sure you'll be just fine! Thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep you posted! Thanks again!🙂
In sacramento . I have been in good relations with the veterinarians I use to work for just so when it's my CPE time than it'll be easier to gain hands on experience. I know sveeral vets here that are willling to help. call me if u get a chance- I will give you my contact # via private msge .. Good luck , and I will try my best to be consistent..It's challenging coz Im a full time animal cop🙂....let me know if you are interested.
Just checked NBVME online site today for my April NAVLE test result and I'm happy to inform everyone in this forum that I passed!!! It is possible!!! So easy to get discouraged but with diligence and hard work anything is possible! Now my next step is to take the CPE. To everyone out there who is doing the ECFVG process keep it up!!! 🙂🙂🙂
Congratulations for passing the NAVLE . what did you use as study resources ?
labvet70🙂
Hi All,
I am currently preparing for NAVLE and I would highly appreciate any advice about the new book " Comprehensive Review for NAVLE" . Did any body study from this book for the exam?
Thank you
Labvet70 🙂
Yeah i tried reading that book...i read three or four chapters...i read it until radiology chapter...Infectious disease section is pretty alright in it...
Hello all coleages,
I ment to share this before, but to much going on in my life... Anyway
I took CPE in march, made some really goof friends. It was the most stressful 3 days of my life. Only when they kick you out of a section you know you fail. Otherwise there is no way to tell how things are going till you get the results. Getting prepare for the stress is as important as studying.
I pass most of the CPE. I am appealing anesthesia, because I think I did a good job and they failed me. The report I got made no sense to me.
I studied from pasquini books for horses, practice surgery abroad and small animals in the clinic I work as a tech. I use yutube and some of the links from futurevows website (some links dont work) for procedures in large animals. I am a visual learner, that is why I didn't need to practice large animal procedures.
I took the NAVLE in April. I used vetperp and the 200 questions for 50 bucks in the navle website to get ready. This is the second time I take it. I used zuku the first time.
Now I am looking for a place where to do 1000 hours before I can get my full license in Utah.
I hope that helps. Good luck!
I ment to share this before, but to much going on in my life... Anyway
I took CPE in march, made some really goof friends. It was the most stressful 3 days of my life. Only when they kick you out of a section you know you fail. Otherwise there is no way to tell how things are going till you get the results. Getting prepare for the stress is as important as studying.
I pass most of the CPE. I am appealing anesthesia, because I think I did a good job and they failed me. The report I got made no sense to me.
I studied from pasquini books for horses, practice surgery abroad and small animals in the clinic I work as a tech. I use yutube and some of the links from futurevows website (some links dont work) for procedures in large animals. I am a visual learner, that is why I didn't need to practice large animal procedures.
I took the NAVLE in April. I used vetperp and the 200 questions for 50 bucks in the navle website to get ready. This is the second time I take it. I used zuku the first time.
Now I am looking for a place where to do 1000 hours before I can get my full license in Utah.
I hope that helps. Good luck!
Hello everyone!
I´m on the ECFVG program and I have passed the BCSE and just passed the NAVLE(april). I can try and answer some of your question regarding BCSE and NAVLE only, I don´t know anything about working permits, immigration laws, or gaining experience in the USA. Passing these tests is very doable so let´s get to work and become US veterinarians!🙂
I´m on the ECFVG program and I have passed the BCSE and just passed the NAVLE(april). I can try and answer some of your question regarding BCSE and NAVLE only, I don´t know anything about working permits, immigration laws, or gaining experience in the USA. Passing these tests is very doable so let´s get to work and become US veterinarians!🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all coleages,
I ment to share this before, but to much going on in my life... Anyway
I took CPE in march, made some really goof friends. It was the most stressful 3 days of my life. Only when they kick you out of a section you know you fail. Otherwise there is no way to tell how things are going till you get the results. Getting prepare for the stress is as important as studying.
I pass most of the CPE. I am appealing anesthesia, because I think I did a good job and they failed me. The report I got made no sense to me.
I studied from pasquini books for horses, practice surgery abroad and small animals in the clinic I work as a tech. I use yutube and some of the links from futurevows website (some links dont work) for procedures in large animals. I am a visual learner, that is why I didn't need to practice large animal procedures.
I took the NAVLE in April. I used vetperp and the 200 questions for 50 bucks in the navle website to get ready. This is the second time I take it. I used zuku the first time.
Now I am looking for a place where to do 1000 hours before I can get my full license in Utah.
I hope that helps. Good luck!
I'm sorry u need 1000hrs before u get lic. to work in Utah??? wao thats outrageous...well congrats on NAVLE and CPE...also wondering where did u take ur CPE???
Hello everyone. I passed BCSE and NAVLE, and I'm getting ready for the CPE. I'm wondering if anyone here could help me find dairy and equine vets willing to have me shadow them this summer for some practical experience. I'm in New York but I'm willing to travel anywhere. Any suggestions on how/where to practice spays?
Richard
Richard
Hola Peruvian Vet!Hello all coleages,
I ment to share this before, but to much going on in my life... Anyway
I took CPE in march, made some really goof friends. It was the most stressful 3 days of my life. Only when they kick you out of a section you know you fail. Otherwise there is no way to tell how things are going till you get the results. Getting prepare for the stress is as important as studying.
I pass most of the CPE. I am appealing anesthesia, because I think I did a good job and they failed me. The report I got made no sense to me.
I studied from pasquini books for horses, practice surgery abroad and small animals in the clinic I work as a tech. I use yutube and some of the links from futurevows website (some links dont work) for procedures in large animals. I am a visual learner, that is why I didn't need to practice large animal procedures.
I took the NAVLE in April. I used vetperp and the 200 questions for 50 bucks in the navle website to get ready. This is the second time I take it. I used zuku the first time.
Now I am looking for a place where to do 1000 hours before I can get my full license in Utah.
I hope that helps. Good luck!
Que bueno encontrar a un compatriota en este Forum! Te comento que yo tambien sy peruana y estoy preparandome para dar el BSCE. Veo que tu ya has terminado con todo el tramite de la licenciatura, razon por la cual te pido el siguiente consejo:
-que material de estudio usaste para el BSCE?
-cuanto tiempo te preparaste?
-que tanto abarcaste?
-cual fue tu metodo de estudio?
Te pregunto esto porque yo ya di el examen el anho pasado y no lo pase. Use el zuku y algunos apuntes. Ahora tengo los Mosby, el merck, los NVMS y los videos de la univ de florida...Es tanto material que no tengo idea por donde empezar!
Muchas gracias por tu ayuda y suerte en todo!
Hola
Yo me gradue en Peru, en San Marcos. Acabo de dar NAVLE y aun sigo esperando resultados de CPE.
Primero tienes que obtener tus documentos de tu universidad: certificado de graduacion, titulo, sillabus's. Luego vas a las oficinas de tu facultad para ke los sellen, tambien una explicacion de como se aprueban los cursos en tu universidad. Llevas todos esos papeles a los ministerios de educacion para sellos y luego al ministerio de relaciones exteriores por mas sellos
Luego traduces todos esos docs en ingles; traduccion oficial. Hazlo en Peru para ke te salga mas barato.
Luego inscribete en el ECFVG program. ellos te van a pedir esos papeles; tambien tus resultados de TOEFL u otro english exam. Los detalles estan en la pagina de ECFVG del AVMA.
Una vez que tengas el puntaje minimo del TOEFL, te van a dar permiso para que dees el BCSE (teoria) en cualquier oficina de PROMETRIC cerca a tu casa.
Cuando pases el BCSE te van a dar permiso para que tomes el CPE (practico, 3 dias) y tambien para dar el NAVLE (teoria, este examen lo dan todos los vets en US).
Cuando pases esos, luego tienes ke dar un examen en el estado que kieras practicar. Yo lo voy a dar en Utah; que es donde vivo por ahora. Este ultimo examen ni cuenta, luego ke pases CPE y NAVLE.
Espero que te sirva de ayuda.
Si tienes preguntas avisame no mas.
Hola Peruvian Vet,
ya te mande un mensaje hace un rato pero me olvide de comentarte que yo tambien me gradue de San Marcos, en el anho 2008, soy de la promocion del 2002.
Gracias por tu ayuda!
Hello everyone. I passed BCSE and NAVLE, and I'm getting ready for the CPE. I'm wondering if anyone here could help me find dairy and equine vets willing to have me shadow them this summer for some practical experience. I'm in New York but I'm willing to travel anywhere. Any suggestions on how/where to practice spays?
Richard
I'm in the same kind of situation and it is very frustrating to find somebody who will let you just do procedures especially surgeries. Fortunately I'm still working at a small animal hospital right now and some doctors let me do some surgeries under supervision. Try contacting shelters and rescue groups around your area that would be the best bet. My dilemna right now is to find a cow doctor to shadow. When are you taking your CPE?
Hi,
I'm preparing for CPE and I don't know what books to get for the necropsy sections?
Any good books that someone knows? and if anybody knows if the exam is more orientated for the techinq of dooing the necropsy or for the patology aspect
Thanks
[email protected]
I'm preparing for CPE and I don't know what books to get for the necropsy sections?
Any good books that someone knows? and if anybody knows if the exam is more orientated for the techinq of dooing the necropsy or for the patology aspect
Thanks
[email protected]
Hello everyone!
I´m on the ECFVG program and I have passed the BCSE and just passed the NAVLE(april). I can try and answer some of your question regarding BCSE and NAVLE only, I don´t know anything about working permits, immigration laws, or gaining experience in the USA. Passing these tests is very doable so let´s get to work and become US veterinarians!🙂
Im currently studying for the BCSE from " mosby's comprehensive review for vet technicians ", and from " florida lectures ", any good advice on how helpful these 2 sources are, and if not could you please tell me what your used as your study material for the BCSE.
Hi Sophie
For BSCE I used zuku.com, gumshoe vet and some of Manual Merck. I took this test twice. It took me about 6 months, I also was working at the same time... like they say in lima buses: Soy un estudiante y a la ves trabajador... I studied after work and had the doctors at the practice asking me questions all the time at any time. also after work at lease couple hours 4-5 days a week. Zuku has an schedule to use as a guide. They also have pages to review.
The videos will help you for CPE, I don`t know anything about Mosby, I heard people say is good that is all.
I hope this helps
Send me your number and we can chat...
Good luck
For BSCE I used zuku.com, gumshoe vet and some of Manual Merck. I took this test twice. It took me about 6 months, I also was working at the same time... like they say in lima buses: Soy un estudiante y a la ves trabajador... I studied after work and had the doctors at the practice asking me questions all the time at any time. also after work at lease couple hours 4-5 days a week. Zuku has an schedule to use as a guide. They also have pages to review.
The videos will help you for CPE, I don`t know anything about Mosby, I heard people say is good that is all.
I hope this helps
Send me your number and we can chat...
Good luck
Hola Peruvian Vet!
Que bueno encontrar a un compatriota en este Forum! Te comento que yo tambien sy peruana y estoy preparandome para dar el BSCE. Veo que tu ya has terminado con todo el tramite de la licenciatura, razon por la cual te pido el siguiente consejo:
-que material de estudio usaste para el BSCE?
-cuanto tiempo te preparaste?
-que tanto abarcaste?
-cual fue tu metodo de estudio?
Te pregunto esto porque yo ya di el examen el anho pasado y no lo pase. Use el zuku y algunos apuntes. Ahora tengo los Mosby, el merck, los NVMS y los videos de la univ de florida...Es tanto material que no tengo idea por donde empezar!
Muchas gracias por tu ayuda y suerte en todo!
Hi guys,
I am a vet from India who graduated in 2009 and worked the past year in a small animal clinic. I would like gain a large animal experience as well. Can anyone help, please? Traveling will not be a problem, so I am open to anything. Thanks.
I am a vet from India who graduated in 2009 and worked the past year in a small animal clinic. I would like gain a large animal experience as well. Can anyone help, please? Traveling will not be a problem, so I am open to anything. Thanks.
Hi, I'm in the same situation, also in south Florida, I have some contacts with dairy
Farms. [email protected]
Farms. [email protected]
I am preparing to get a us vet license in Washington state.
Now I am volunteering at a small animal hospital to keep up my skill even though I worked as a vet in small animal practice for 3 years in my country.
I am looking for large animal, such as bovine and equine, hospital to work or volunteer. Is there anyone who knows a large animal doctor in WA?
Here is the second question. Are you guys preparing CPE in local animal hospital with doctors who you shadow or in the university which provide some clinical intership??
Normally how long does it take for ECFVG to verify a certification of graduation in step 1, enrollment?
Thank you guys and have a great day.
[email protected]
Now I am volunteering at a small animal hospital to keep up my skill even though I worked as a vet in small animal practice for 3 years in my country.
I am looking for large animal, such as bovine and equine, hospital to work or volunteer. Is there anyone who knows a large animal doctor in WA?
Here is the second question. Are you guys preparing CPE in local animal hospital with doctors who you shadow or in the university which provide some clinical intership??
Normally how long does it take for ECFVG to verify a certification of graduation in step 1, enrollment?
Thank you guys and have a great day.
[email protected]
Last edited:
Hi there
You can find large animal vets on the website of your veterinary association. Call them, they are usually willing to have you shadowing. Also since you already know some vets, theymay help you to find a large animal vet.
For the step one. It took almost 2 years for me. I had to go back home and get the letter sent by AVMA/ECFVG signed by the Dean of my school. Getting the transcripts and records officially translated took a while too.
All do, you can continue with next steps of ECFVG program.
Good luck,
You can find large animal vets on the website of your veterinary association. Call them, they are usually willing to have you shadowing. Also since you already know some vets, theymay help you to find a large animal vet.
For the step one. It took almost 2 years for me. I had to go back home and get the letter sent by AVMA/ECFVG signed by the Dean of my school. Getting the transcripts and records officially translated took a while too.
All do, you can continue with next steps of ECFVG program.
Good luck,
I am preparing to get a us vet license in Washington state.
Now I am volunteering at a small animal hospital to keep up my skill even though I worked as a vet in small animal practice for 3 years in my country.
I am looking for large animal, such as bovine and equine, hospital to work or volunteer. Is there anyone who knows a large animal doctor in WA?
Here is the second question. Are you guys preparing CPE in local animal hospital with doctors who you shadow or in the university which provide some clinical intership??
Normally how long does it take for ECFVG to verify a certification of graduation in step 1, enrollment?
Thank you guys and have a great day.
[email protected]
Hello Peruvian vet...
I was born in Lima also 👍... I am studying to take the BCSE, I'm using ZUKU, and the florida videos. If you have some time would you call me to chat a little bit (562-417-4735), or if you rather I can email you instead.
I appretiate your time... 😳
Best regards,
Enrique.
I was born in Lima also 👍... I am studying to take the BCSE, I'm using ZUKU, and the florida videos. If you have some time would you call me to chat a little bit (562-417-4735), or if you rather I can email you instead.
I appretiate your time... 😳
Best regards,
Enrique.
Hi Sophie
For BSCE I used zuku.com, gumshoe vet and some of Manual Merck. I took this test twice. It took me about 6 months, I also was working at the same time... like they say in lima buses: Soy un estudiante y a la ves trabajador... I studied after work and had the doctors at the practice asking me questions all the time at any time. also after work at lease couple hours 4-5 days a week. Zuku has an schedule to use as a guide. They also have pages to review.
The videos will help you for CPE, I don`t know anything about Mosby, I heard people say is good that is all.
I hope this helps
Send me your number and we can chat...
Good luck
Wow, I have noticed that there are quite a few latin american vets trying to get their licenses in North America (myself included). I am from Venezuela and I already have passed BCSE and NAVLE. I got my Navle results a month ago, and I feel so happy that I dont ever have to take that test again.
It was very difficult for me to stay focused during the test. It's way too long!!
Having said that, I encourage all of you to keep going and get your license, the process seems long and complicated, but is actually not that hard.
Of course it takes a lot of time and discipline to study, but it is completely worth it!
I studied with a bunch of books for BCSE: Merck, Mosby for Vet techs, NVMS books, and also used zuku review. It took me about three months of hard study, but I passed on my first try, and more important, I gained a great foundation for NAVLE
For Navle, I started to prepare with almost 3 months in advance. This time I used vetprep, Saunders review for Navle and the VCRV books.I also watched all the UFlo videos and took notes. What also helped me a lot is that I did an internship in a mixed animal practice clinic.
Now, Im waiting to register for the CPE, Im not sure I want to take it this year, however, I will be happy to share information or make a study group!!!
If there is something I can do to help, let me know!!
ohm btw, I fully recommend both Zuku and vetprep, I used the first for bcse and I did exactly what Dr zuku suggested, it was a great help. I decided to use vetprep for navle because I wanted to try different questions... and it totally worked for me...
Have a great day!!! and Please, keep contributing with the forum..
I feel bad that almost everyone stop using the forum after they have reached their goals!! ... Remember that this is all an important source of help and information to other foreign vets!!
Yolanda López
It was very difficult for me to stay focused during the test. It's way too long!!
Having said that, I encourage all of you to keep going and get your license, the process seems long and complicated, but is actually not that hard.
Of course it takes a lot of time and discipline to study, but it is completely worth it!
I studied with a bunch of books for BCSE: Merck, Mosby for Vet techs, NVMS books, and also used zuku review. It took me about three months of hard study, but I passed on my first try, and more important, I gained a great foundation for NAVLE
For Navle, I started to prepare with almost 3 months in advance. This time I used vetprep, Saunders review for Navle and the VCRV books.I also watched all the UFlo videos and took notes. What also helped me a lot is that I did an internship in a mixed animal practice clinic.
Now, Im waiting to register for the CPE, Im not sure I want to take it this year, however, I will be happy to share information or make a study group!!!
If there is something I can do to help, let me know!!
ohm btw, I fully recommend both Zuku and vetprep, I used the first for bcse and I did exactly what Dr zuku suggested, it was a great help. I decided to use vetprep for navle because I wanted to try different questions... and it totally worked for me...
Have a great day!!! and Please, keep contributing with the forum..
I feel bad that almost everyone stop using the forum after they have reached their goals!! ... Remember that this is all an important source of help and information to other foreign vets!!
Yolanda López
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have a great day!!! and Please, keep contributing with the forum..
I feel bad that almost everyone stop using the forum after they have reached their goals!! ... Remember that this is all an important source of help and information to other foreign vets!!
Yolanda López
Thanks a lot Yolanda for your contribution to the forum i follow your posts for a long time now and i use most of your advises, downloaded UFl videos and subscribed to zuku which i find very useful, also congratulations on passing NAVLE and BCSE.
Did you know there is a CPE preparation course in ontario/canada which starts end of april it seems to be a good source of information to foreign vets maybe it will help you prepare for the exam.
Thanks a lot Yolanda for your contribution to the forum i follow your posts for a long time now and i use most of your advises, downloaded UFl videos and subscribed to zuku which i find very useful, also congratulations on passing NAVLE and BCSE.
Did you know there is a CPE preparation course in ontario/canada which starts end of april it seems to be a good source of information to foreign vets maybe it will help you prepare for the exam.
Hi!! thanks for your kind words.. I've heard of that VSTEP program, but it costs 13000$ that I can't afford. So far, I've managed to get myself into an internship program in the University of Calgary. I am confident that I will get enough experience during that year and then be ready por CPE. Anyway, I'm planning on studying very hard..
I love this profession, so studying isn't much of a trouble for me... I found a website where you can download all kind of veterinary books. It is in spanish but teh majority of the books are in english.. I totally recommend it!!
http://bibliotecamvz.blogspot.com/ You should all check it out!!
I don't know if everyone knows "futurevows" this is a website that I also found very helpful http://futurevows.com/
http://www.elib4vet.com/ is also an option..
Something else that I did (that I forgot to told you) was to "subscribe" to the facebook page of : VETERINARY BOARD GAMES. Everyday they post a flashcard with a question that it's answered the next day. The cool thing about this is that the flashcards aren't multiple choice, so you have to think about the possible answer without any help.
Ha!! I almost forgot that I also did the self assesment that the AVMA offers for NAVLE.. I liked it because they give you an idea of how will you perform in NAVLE. In my case, I actually did better than they expected hahaha!! .. But it helped me to get a clear image of the test and also to push myself even harder after my average result in this assesment. It costs 50$ and this is the direct link: http://www.nbvme.org/?id=93
Have a great day!!! and remember to keep posting!! =)
Yolanda
wow you are well informed gotta save this post for the future, i found futurevows in a previous search while i was looking for BCSE materials but this is the first time i encounter such huge amount of vet books in those websites, would you mind if i add all that info to a new post for the BCSE and NAVLE, one of the things that consumed my time was going through 28 pages in this long post to get information, i guess if we put a new shorter one vets will get what they want in less time.
and you got an internship in calgary ?? didnt know they have internships in canada, that i should defiantly look for after i finish my bcse and navle
and you got an internship in calgary ?? didnt know they have internships in canada, that i should defiantly look for after i finish my bcse and navle
Hi Yolanda, I graduated in Venezuela also, I studied in UCV maracay, where did you graduate? send me a email [email protected]
Wow, I have noticed that there are quite a few latin american vets trying to get their licenses in North America (myself included). I am from Venezuela and I already have passed BCSE and NAVLE. I got my Navle results a month ago, and I feel so happy that I dont ever have to take that test again.
It was very difficult for me to stay focused during the test. It's way too long!!
Having said that, I encourage all of you to keep going and get your license, the process seems long and complicated, but is actually not that hard.
Of course it takes a lot of time and discipline to study, but it is completely worth it!
I studied with a bunch of books for BCSE: Merck, Mosby for Vet techs, NVMS books, and also used zuku review. It took me about three months of hard study, but I passed on my first try, and more important, I gained a great foundation for NAVLE
For Navle, I started to prepare with almost 3 months in advance. This time I used vetprep, Saunders review for Navle and the VCRV books.I also watched all the UFlo videos and took notes. What also helped me a lot is that I did an internship in a mixed animal practice clinic.
Now, Im waiting to register for the CPE, Im not sure I want to take it this year, however, I will be happy to share information or make a study group!!!
If there is something I can do to help, let me know!!
ohm btw, I fully recommend both Zuku and vetprep, I used the first for bcse and I did exactly what Dr zuku suggested, it was a great help. I decided to use vetprep for navle because I wanted to try different questions... and it totally worked for me...
Have a great day!!! and Please, keep contributing with the forum..
I feel bad that almost everyone stop using the forum after they have reached their goals!! ... Remember that this is all an important source of help and information to other foreign vets!!
Yolanda López
wow you are well informed gotta save this post for the future, i found futurevows in a previous search while i was looking for BCSE materials but this is the first time i encounter such huge amount of vet books in those websites, would you mind if i add all that info to a new post for the BCSE and NAVLE, one of the things that consumed my time was going through 28 pages in this long post to get information, i guess if we put a new shorter one vets will get what they want in less time.
and you got an internship in calgary ?? didnt know they have internships in canada, that i should defiantly look for after i finish my bcse and navle
Hey, I also think is a great idea to add a new post with the most recent information.. Who is with o0omin and I? Let's do it, and if you have any valuable information that you may have taken from this discussion, let's just copy and paste it into the new thread!
I think in that way we won't be looking at 2007's posts or so..
Have a great night, and please remember that it's very important to keep helping other foreign veterinarians with our experiences!!
Yolanda