Foreign Veterinary Graduates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
well if its like that then plz tell the new candidates about ur toefl exam that will be more help ful than the spirit boosting mails ..... in addition u should give ur mail id so that they can reach u to learn more bout toefl.....that will be of great help to them so that they dont lose their money and precious time..like u did....in this way they will be better prepared after learning from ur mistakes....i hope u help them ... and can i ask u how old r u ?????? may be over 30 i guess from ur mails...an old wise friend
wow..... that was a little rough but o.k i guess you didn't understood what i was saying, there was no complains here just making a point. i know things go step by step and i don't have a problem with that or any expectation so that is clear.
then about time consuming again it was not a complain, but as you said earlier we are not getting any younger or may be i'm just a little a bit old, so i think about other things like family and kids - but forget about it all.
in the end all i did is writing my point of view sharing part of my situation and that's it, belive me i know what i'm getting in to, and if i wanted the easy way i would take your advise,so thank you very much for that great advise, and for the support and of course for encouraging me to it and not give up.
thank you once again

Members don't see this ad.

well i m from beautiful .......developing...............progressive............ friendly.............. WISE PEOPLE COUNTRY.....the country of YOGA VET:p
All right,

thanks, just wanted to hear it from someone else that Tuskegee is a CPE heaven.

Which country are you from, if you don't mind me asking.

well i m from beautiful .......developing...............progressive............ friendly.............. WISE PEOPLE COUNTRY.....the country of YOGA VET:p
beautiful ?? developing?? progressive?? friendly?? WISE PEOPLE COUNTRY???
where is that ??????
i don't know that country?
where are you from? may be we can all get to there? if we will be a accepted after all we are not all of us so friendly or beautifull.
hehehehe

Members don't see this ad :)
it is ur country yoga vet..i can think of u having all these qualities so i want to know where u from?????i also will like to go there.....gud luck ..i know u very eagerly wait for my messages THANX..i hope u get something out of them positive.and inspiring

hi every body:
i am recently finish my Bachelor degree in veterinary medicine and surgery from Jordan and i am would like to be veterinary surgeon board certify , if its possible for any body to help me and explain how to apply for Foreign vet. graduates ( i think its for 1 year) and what is the requirements

Thanks
Ahmad
[email protected]

Well dear friend. This is your first visit to this place I assume? I would love for the new vets to go ahead and read the whole 300 + posts. They have everything you need to know and the websites that would tell you what you should do and how to start. But just for a quick note. It doesn't matter if you are just a vet or you have a PhD from whatever country, or whatever specialty.(minor exception for couple of schools in England)
You still have to do what every one is doing. Register, then, do TOEFL, BCSE, CPE and NAVLE. These steps are your way to be license in the states.
Now after you read these 300 + posts and visit the websites that listed I, and others, would be very happy to answer your questions.

hi every body:
i am recently finish my Bachelor degree in veterinary medicine and surgery from Jordan and i am would like to be veterinary surgeon board certify , if its possible for any body to help me and explain how to apply for Foreign vet. graduates ( i think its for 1 year) and what is the requirements

Thanks
Ahmad
[email protected]

jagjit , I like what you say ... :cool:

well if its like that then plz tell the new candidates about ur toefl exam that will be more help ful than the spirit boosting mails ..... in addition u should give ur mail id so that they can reach u to learn more bout toefl.....that will be of great help to them so that they dont lose their money and precious time..like u did....in this way they will be better prepared after learning from ur mistakes....i hope u help them ... and can i ask u how old r u ?????? may be over 30 i guess from ur mails...an old wise friend

u will be a american vet after few months and u know well what we have to go through...some people just dont get it...and just want to be on top without starting from bottom and they fall down then they blame the system ....i m lucky to have colleagues like u who handles things in a systematic way
thanx:thumbup:

Hi Meavet.
Thank you for your information about BCSE. I hope you will pass it for the first time!
Also,I want to thank you for your advice about IELTS because i have done it. I fell so happy now.
Good luck,
cocker

Just took BCSE yesterday for the first time
mostly questions were simple enough as the name BCSE but It's doesn't easy though!!!!!
For everyone who are going to take this exam, lecture notes are extreamly important. A lot of questions related to clinical year
Quite a lot of x-ray to read, also 5-6 questions about artifact(x-ray and ultrasound)
try to go over basic equine stuff like denal, ageing,lameness some important infectious diseases and perfornance related syndrome.
Concentrate in small animal, make sure you know how to read CBC, blood chemistry, fecal exam, surgery also important.
~30% of Bovine questions
~10% of swine, avian and another spp.
Don't waste your time reading text books for information in detail, the exam is basic thing we've learn and practice in clinical year(for me it has been 3 years since graduated:oops: )
If you need more info please email me I don't want our forum to be banded :eek:
[email protected]

To everyone who has trouble with passing TOEFL:

Guys, I think some people might have problems with speaking section in TOEFL as I had and others with listening section in IELTS; writing and reading are of the same level - in my opinion. So, none of these exams is simple. But I strongly recommend you to give it a shot to IELTS if you repeatedly were in troubles with TOEFL because of speaking score. The interview with an instructor seemed to be much easier than being recorded on tape and evaluated by an ,,anonymous" person later.
Don't hesitate to send me an e-mail with questions about my IELTS experience: [email protected].
Cheers!

Hi Ahmad,

you don't have to be enrolled in any foreign veterin. program. You can become a board certified surgeon within the university. And for that the school will arrange the visa for you.

Surgical residency is hard to get in, though. And so is ophtalmology. You will need to have a rot. small animal medicine and surgery internship and maybe even surgical internship, unless you have some connections:)

If you don't you should enroll to VIRMP (just put in google search VIRMP veterinary), but you have already missed this year.

But if you decide to work outside the university you will have to go through the ECFVG or PAVE anyway. Depends what you want.

J.

Hi,
I had the same question about those materials. I tried to contact them and ask more about it. They told me that all the information was online. I read their webside, but the they only have posted some samples (like 4 pages). I have herd that these information is to old... and they don't update it.
So, my recomendation is not to buy it.
The A-Z is a good source, but is only the basic things you need to read more (mosby, merck book or online) and 45 days prior to the test take the preptest (excelent!!).
Before the pretest, I recomend to study at least 5 month all the theory.

Hi everybody, I just graduated from vet school in mexico and I plan to take the NAVLE sometime next year and I would like some advice over which study guides to use. I've researched some like the Mosby's and Merck but they seem pretty dull making difficult to really follow them, how is
the vet prep, any better? how about the vcrc, is it really worth the money??
Please help :confused:

I will have CPE next year but in september. I am in the same doubts. I have received the book they send to you. I was planning to make a resume with the topics they ask and then practice some weeks. Do you have any plan?.
I have found that in Canada there is a program focus on the CPE but is really expensive!!!

Hi Everyone,

I have my CPE exam at Mississippi State in Feb and wanted to know how it is? Do they stress on special topics? Just anything that can help me I'm kind of lost now.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! What did you mean about pretest? did you mean vetprep? because I m not familiar with the pretest, if you can tell me more about it , Thanks.

Hi,
I had the same question about those materials. I tried to contact them and ask more about it. They told me that all the information was online. I read their webside, but the they only have posted some samples (like 4 pages). I have herd that these information is to old... and they don't update it.
So, my recomendation is not to buy it.
The A-Z is a good source, but is only the basic things you need to read more (mosby, merck book or online) and 45 days prior to the test take the preptest (excelent!!).
Before the pretest, I recomend to study at least 5 month all the theory.

thank you for your reply
i appreciate it

QUESTION FOR JAGJIT

Hello Jagi,
wanted to ask you about the dissection. Did you do it in dorsal recumbency or in lateral? Or doesn't matter to them in Tuske?
Thx. Jiti.

well thatz a good question ...everyone has diff. style of doing it......in horse left side up ...all other right side up.....cut at axillery area reflect both front and hind limbs...then place animal in dorsal position.....cut thoracic cavity with rib cutter....reach upto tongue ...cut frenulum....pull whole thing out along with heart and lungs.....collect all samples related to diff areas in formalin.....histopath viro bacterio toxi parasito etc....they will give u list of samples to be collected....examine carcass first and then cut...check for everything like hemorrhage, pale color arrea, consistency of stomachn contents...cut open all intestines examine them but do not scrape them ...thatz all ,...they dont want u to be pefect but just know how to open carcass...take samples etc. also taking out brain from skull for rabies....know all the valves of heart and direction of blood flow from where to where.....thatz it.....I JUST DID NECROPSY ON A FROG AND A PARROT TODAY IT WAS FUN..LOT OF PEOPLE KEEP EXOTIC PETS IN MY AREA....

i wonder where is SPIRIT OF FOREIGN GRADUATE SECTION THE "YOGA VET" ....I DIDNT READ ANY MORE SPIRIT BOOSTING MAILS FROM THE YOGA CAT.....WE MISS U YOGAAAAAAAA/// WHERE R U ????????:hardy:

Thx Jagi,

I was also wondering what has happened to everybody! They all have dissappeared recently!

So anyway, did the frog get poisoned by the dog's slobber or do people in your area hold parrot-frog fights?

The last three days I have been going with large animal doctors “equine and bovine” out to the field in preparation for the CPE. One of the doctors that I have met has done the CPE 6 years ago. He told me that they don’t expect much of you regarding the food animals section and the equine section.
Anyways, I went to a two different dairy farms 800 and 1300 cows, the doctor checked for pregnancy and ovaries condition about 400 cows in the first one and 500 in the second, and I was behind him, I was listening what he is telling the farmer then I go and check it. After I did 40 he send me ahead of him and then asked me what I think, I was right 99%... but then after 20 of these My hand has arm was so tired I couldn’t do any more and had to take a break.I was laos helping him give hormones injections and vaccination to almost every cow depending on her case.. we saw several cases of pyometra . also we checked two cows for LDA but it was not the case..
We did the same thing in the other farm. I have to warn you this is as filthy as it gets. The smell will stick in your nose for couple of days…
I also went with equine vet and saw couple of cases of lameness (did the flexing test) and one of ataxia due to peripheral vestibular disease. it was very good to know how to check equine for Neurologic signs.. like blind fold the horse, and cross his feet and see if he correct fast, it’s similar to knuckling test in dogs. Also we did teeth float and de-worm.
It was very good three days to start with. I will be going again every Wednesday and maybe some Saturdays
I felt that this very good experience and every one really should consider doing some rounds.
Search for a near hospital around you and send them a resume with objective of doing externship with large animal vets..
I will update you in the future if there is any thing interesting or important to all.

hi my name is dalia and i'm in enroll for the ECFVG program and i'm living now in pennsylvania...in a small town so i dont have any way to get the books so if anyone can help me and get it to me online i'm be really thankful .another Q do i have to study allthe 64 book???thanx .bye

hi my name is dalia and i'm in enroll for the ECFVG program and i'm living now in pennsylvania...in a small town so i dont have any way to get the books so if anyone can help me and get it to me online i'm be really thankful .another Q do i have to study allthe 64 book???thanx .bye

First, welcome the forum but what you said is very confusing . What are talking about? what books that you can't get and who told you that there is 64 books you need to read?
also can you tell us if you have pass any of the exams yet.
please read this posts starting with the first page . there are a lot of information that is very helpful.
thanks.

If you mean that list of books for NAVLE that is on AVMA site, then the answer is NO, you don't have to read it.
But there is a list of topics for each species. So look ar it and then study from the books you are familiar with and those you know that are good.
If you don't have any books there is complete and free MERCK veterinary manual on-line (search from google). Also you can get books on amazon.com
There are vcrc courses for NAVLE (go thru google again).
And there are lots of web sites you can get the info from. Get the list of diagnoses from AVMA site and then go question by question.
Don't worry, you will figure it out, everybody was all confused at the beginning.

hi everyone
I would like some thought about VCRC , do you think it worth money for NAVLE?
or who would like to sell it second hand also welcome:)
thanks you all

Hello every one ....

This is really a nice site for sharing thoughts and information.. i was reading almost the 7 pages which i found that they were very helpfull...

I just have a comment did anyone notice that the BCSE exam is almost the same as NAVLE but a little on the easy side and only 250 question not 360.

so this mean that the one can use the same materials and books for both test and if i wasn't wrong .. and if the one passes the BCSE it is better to take the NAVLE before applying for the CPE ...

i am currently enrolled in the ECFVG programe and passed my BCSE exam :) while i was working in a small animal emergency hospital as a tech :sleep:.

i took the NAVLE one time before the AVMA add the BCSE and i wasn't lucky i missed like 4 points on the passing score:mad:

Hello every one ....

This is really a nice site for sharing thoughts and information.. i was reading almost the 7 pages which i found that they were very helpfull...

I just have a comment did anyone notice that the BCSE exam is almost the same as NAVLE but a little on the easy side and only 250 question not 360.

so this mean that the one can use the same materials and books for both test and if i wasn't wrong .. and if the one passes the BCSE it is better to take the NAVLE before applying for the CPE ...

i am currently enrolled in the ECFVG programe and passed my BCSE exam :) while i was working in a small animal emergency hospital as a tech :sleep:.

i took the NAVLE one time before the AVMA add the BCSE and i wasn't lucky i missed like 4 points on the passing score:mad:

Hi.
I have the same situation you have, work in a clinic and did the BCSE also failed my first NAVLE with one point:eek:.
Yes doing the NAVLE after the BCSE is good Idea.
And Yes I did study the same amterials but I was on the easy part when it came to BCSE.
I did the NAVLE again and I'm waiting for the results any day now.
Good luck and hope that we can help you here.

hi everyone
I would like some thought about VCRC , do you think it worth money for NAVLE?
or who would like to sell it second hand also welcome:)
thanks you all

I have not seen the VCRC but I can tell you that you can pass without them. Although I was waiting for my results before I repply to you. But I'm sure I will this time.
please refere to my previous threads if you would like to know what did I use to study for Navle.

Hello DVMJAKISH, I would like to ask you how come you can be enrolled for CPE if you haven't completed NAVLE yet?
Is it possible?

Hello DVMJAKISH, I would like to ask you how come you can be enrolled for CPE if you haven't completed NAVLE yet?
Is it possible?

The NAVLE exam is no longer a requirement for ECFVG. Once you are approved in the BCSE you are eligible to take CPE.
You don't have to pass NAVLE before taking CPE, however you have to take NAVLE at some point because NAVLE is a requirement of the state board. (2 separeted things).

THIS IS A SERIOUS QUESTION, PLZ ONLY SERIOUS ANSWERS AND I DONT NEED BELITTLING......

While i was in the u.s. i made a few mistakes which caused me to obtain several felonies and a stint in prison (about a year) including a deportation upon my release.....heres my question....If i ever enter the ecfvg program, and pass my exam, ill have to get examed outside of egypt for the navle and cpe (so that means i have to obtain a visa) will any govt accredited to administer the exam issue me a visa? And if i ever do get the visa, would a vet. hospital employe me or would i be viewed as a danger to society and labeled an ex-con? This issue is gonna arise sooner or later, so i would like some answers that would help me, i wouldnt want to waste my time.....thanx

peace to the world.....
king tut

Is it possible?

the rules has changed. now you can finish step #2 . the BSCE then you can do NAVLE or CPE first.
I recomend doing the NAVLE first.

certainly u will have problems here as ur record isnt good so employment opportunities are less...not only ur record but also if u are a drug addict then u r in deep mess...because drug testing is done before hiring.....so better stay in egypt king tut...:thumbup:..... [

certainly u will have problems here as ur record isnt good so employment opportunities are less...not only ur record but also if u are a drug addict then u r in deep mess...because drug testing is done before hiring.....so better stay in egypt king tut...:thumbup:..... [

im totally not a drug addict....yeah, i thought of that too, even if im a changed man it wouldnt matter? noone will give me the time of day? :(

Hi~

I am a korean veterinarian.
I am wondering wether I can work as a veterinary technician in philadelphia, PA without thch. license.

Please let me know....:)

Thank you~

Hi~

I am wondering wether I can work as a veterinary technician in philadelphia, PA without thch. license.

Thank you~

you can not work as a technician, you need a license for that. BUT you can work as assistant. they are the same except for minor things that you are not allowed to do. also they pay less for assistant.
you should start with whtever you can and then get the tecnician license. it's easy one exam (computer 200 questions) and then another open book exam.

Hi~

Thank you~
Are you OH HAN TEAK???

:hardy:Hi every one I just would like to thank you all for all information posted here all 7 pages I will not post a question today as I found almost every thing I need on previous postings. Just to say soon intend to take BCSE :scared:as I have IELTS and want to use before expire as you all know they are valid for 2 years only... so heads on books links sites and all your suggestions

thanks to all :love:

Hi everyone
I have a question for you, concerning preparation for CPE, I heard about a program called VSTEP in Canada, I would like to know if anyone knows if this program is really helpful for CPE preparation.
If anybody has an expereince with this program, Please let me know if this program is good and worth the money to prepare and pass CPE
Thank you so much
Sincerely,
vet1998

Hi everyone
I have a question for you, concerning preparation for CPE, I heard about a program called VSTEP in Canada, I would like to know if anyone knows if this program is really helpful for CPE preparation.
If anybody has an expereince with this program, Please let me know if this program is good and worth the money to prepare and pass CPE
Thank you so much
Sincerely,
vet1998

I know it cost 20,000 $ plus the cost of living. it's a whole year long.
It's better if you work in a vet hospital as assistant and learn for free with earning money. If the hospital is small animals then you can do externship at a large animal hospital in your days off or on saturday. trust me it's enough time.

NAVLE Results are in.. I PASSED......:clap:...

Reactions: 1 user

UHUUUU!!!!! Congratulations man!! You deserve it!!! One step left!!

I am about to take BCSE.

Well, good look and keep up the good work!

congratulations :) , but can u tell me how much was your scores, i got mine but i fail :(, they sent to me my scores and dont know how did they collecte them iam sure i was good at the test , but i got very low scores i cannt believe it . when i collecte the scores, i get a different total number than what they sent to me :confused: , iam so confused, do u have any idea about that.

thank u

If you live in Florida you could go to Nova University. They have great classes (group or private). You could either take toefl or ielts classes. They also sell books.

congratulations :) , but can u tell me how much was your scores, i got mine but i fail :(, they sent to me my scores and dont know how did they collecte them iam sure i was good at the test , but i got very low scores i cannt believe it . when i collecte the scores, i get a different total number than what they sent to me :confused: , iam so confused, do u have any idea about that.

thank u
Sorry to hear that, You will do fine next time. you know this is my second time too, so I know how you feel.
MY scores are 456. or 72 of 99.
The way they come up with the scores is very complecated and they do not tell us how. there are questions that has more scores than others...

Hi guys,
long time no read.
Does anyone have the CPE in Oklahoma, April 1-4?
Did anyone already take the CPE in Oklahoma and is willing to share some information?
By the way, those of you preparing for the CPE might want to check out the following webpage:

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/CPE-GROUP/

You have to apply and be admitted by the moderators.
Good luck!

Congratulation on your BIG NAVLE SUCCESS! Enjoy it!

Hey man, I am so happy to hear that and congratulation and hope you pass next step without any problems and be a American Veterinarian soon and we pride of you.

You mention to Meawet,you wanna tell or give some material about BCSE after passing NAVLE (You said these 2exams are alike),then I would really appreciate to help me about it. I am so nervous and confused which books are good.As an example some days I read Merck and some days do Mosby's test and some days read lecture materials:( and I am gonna be ready for May exam for BCSE) and your information will help me a lots.
Again happy for your passing:).
Cheers,
Farzin.