This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

papi_md

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would like to know what are the chances of foreigners (on US) to get a post-bacc diploma in pre med. I obtained my bachelor's degree (in Physics, non trad) in Asia but I need to boost up my GPA to get in to med school. Checked some schools but they don't seem to allow int students with student visas. I'm wondering if I obtain a working visa and work in the US for a couple of months then apply to post bacc premed. I apologize if my question seem to not make any sense, but will a work visa work for foreigners to get in to post bacc?
 
You can always take classes non-degree at a US school -- I don't think many care to check your citizenship. But you'll likely have to pay non-resident tuition for state schools unless you've lived/worked somewhere for a year.