Forgot to add AP courses on AMCAS..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tuftofwool

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've read on here that AMCAS added some things to primaries if it wasn't a huge mistake. I had around 4 to 5 AP/CLEP courses with credit that I forgot to add to my primary. I'm really close to being next in line to be verified after this holiday weekend and I'm not sure if I should submit a correction form or not.

Also, for classes that you took an AP for and didn't get credit, that doers have to be added, does it?

And lastly, these classes do not satisfy any requirements like premed stuff, they aren't graded and just contribute to my overall credit amount.

Members don't see this ad.

You can have up to 10 omissions before AMCAS returns it to your for re-submission. So as long as you don't have 5 or 6 other omissions, you should be fine.

You can have up to 10 omissions before AMCAS returns it to your for re-submission. So as long as you don't have 5 or 6 other omissions, you should be fine.
Awesome. Thanks! So the non credit APs wouldn't be put on my record, right? Because non credit with the credit AP/CLEP would add up to 11... Not sure why they'd want the no credit ones though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, for classes that you took an AP for and didn't get credit, that doers have to be added, does it?

And lastly, these classes do not satisfy any requirements like premed stuff, they aren't graded and just contribute to my overall credit amount.
If credit for an AP class doesn't show up on a college transcript, one should not include it on the application's transcript.

Many med schools accept AP credit toward the prerequisites. Some will allow it only if you took more advanced coursework in the same discipline.

If credit for an AP class doesn't show up on a college transcript, one should not include it on the application's transcript.

Many med schools accept AP credit toward the prerequisites. Some will allow it only if you took more advanced coursework in the same discipline.
Thank you Catalystik-- my no credit, AND credit AP and CLEP courses show up on my transcript but it will say 0 credits or 3 credits, for example. Meaning, the 0 credit classes (while it shows on my transcript) wouldn't be required on my primaries? I'm just concerned this will delay my timeline, though understandably so if I messed it up.

If 0 credit was assigned by your college, then it was correct to have omitted them from the AMCAS transcript (and they wouldn't be counted against the 10 errors you're allowed to make in entering coursework).
Okay great. Thanks for the clarification!