Found GPA errors in AACOMAS App, have already submitted.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spectreman

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My application was just verified and immediately I received a rejection from Touro saying I didn't meet the 3.0 requirement. I looked at my GPA calculations and AACOMAS messed up on the transcript entry (I paid for the service thinking that was the safer option) by not factoring out the courses I took at a different school.

So I took Ochem at one school, bombed it, and then took it at another university and got an A, but the GPA was calculated as an average of the two... It's the same for a bunch of courses. Now my overall/science GPA and subcategories are all screwed up, but I had already paid the fees and submitted before verification was complete. Then I caught a few errors and got them fixed, but I didn't realize the GPA was going to be messed up (it looks like it was because they didn't properly assign the courses as "repeats").

Am I just totally screwed? Has anyone every dealt with this before? I caught the error right after Touro sent me the rejection, but it was after 5pm on the east coast. That means I'm stuck all weekend stressing about this!

Members don't see this ad.

They don't do grade replacement for courses from a different university (I know...I was pissed too)
Really? I got my grades replaced from a different university. Totally weird.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For the grade replacement to occur it needs to have the same course ID I believe.

I got grades replaced using a mix of classes from 4 different universities. (Long story.)
Different course IDs, different number of credits, slightly different titles.

They gave me no trouble.

Reactions: 4 users
Were the course codes and such different (even if the same class)? Maybe the person who input them got mixed up. I will be doing everything myself just to make sure something like this doesn't happen. I hope you can rectify the situation.

Last edited:
equal or higher credits on the retake (although some people have had success with a lower credit class), description/prefix should be similar. The big thing is making sure you mark as repeats before verification, otherwise its a huge nut roll trying to get it fixed.

How do you mark repeats if you get the "professional transcript entry" option, where they do that all for you?

I chose the professional transcript entry and they failed to recognize a repeat for one of my classes

How do you mark repeats if you get the "professional transcript entry" option, where they do that all for you?

I chose the professional transcript entry and they failed to recognize a repeat for one of my classes

That's why I can't control the grade-replacement myself if I use the professional transcript entry service.

Did you try to call them again? If no luck, you may want to contact the school.

There is so much misinformation on this thread that it's not even funny. You CAN replace grades from different institutions. In fact, it's even easier since the course codes and titles don't need to match. You should still try to make sure they're similar unit and "course description" wise. Replacing grades at the same institution is far more stringent as the retake needs to be identical (code and title) to the original. This could be problematic if Bio 101: Evolution suddenly becomes Bio 17: Organismal Biology during your retake.

And for the love of all that is good - if your transcript isn't straightforward (i.e you have retakes), do NOT use the professional service. Why would you want anyone but yourself interpreting your messy transcript and trying to figure out your exact intentions on a whim.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
There is so much misinformation on this thread that it's not even funny. You CAN replace grades from different institutions. In fact, it's even easier since the course codes and titles don't need to match. You should still try to make sure they're similar unit and "course description" wise. Replacing grades at the same institution is far more stringent as the retake needs to be identical (code and title) to the original. This could be a problematic if Bio 101: Evolution suddenly becomes Bio 17: Organismal Biology during your retake.

And for the love of all that is good - if your transcript isn't straightforward (i.e you have retakes), do NOT use the professional service. Why would you want anyone but yourself interpreting your messy transcript and trying to figure out your exact intentions on a whim.

Does this mean a gen Chem 1 can replace Chem 101?

Also, where are you getting this info from? The guy at the aacomas customer service told me that it has to be from the same school and the same course number

Does this mean a gen Chem 1 can replace Chem 101?

Also, where are you getting this info from? The guy at the aacomas customer service told me that it has to be from the same school and the same course number

This was based on last year's application. People had similar problems with different AACOMAS reps saying different things.

You can replace from different institutions, but don't use their service and do it manually. I don't understand why applicants won't just do it themselves and save money as well as doing it correctly. You're trying to get into medical school. You should be doing it yourselves and things won't be handed to you in a silver platter there. It literally takes less than an hour to fill out all your courses.

Sorry for the rant, but I have no sympathy for those who won't take the time to do it themselves instead of paying to take shortcuts and be lazy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I freakin love you guys. I contacted aacomas until I finally got someone who replaced my grade from another university. This was even after I submitted and was already verified too. They basically "refresh" the verification so it gets reverified again

Call AACOMAS as soon as possible and let them know what happened. They will fix it stat.

The same thing happened to me and this is what they did. I'm not positive about the rule about retakes from different institutions, but for sure ones from the same institutions should be entered as "0.0" for credits attempted. Otherwise, grades don't get replaced

I have the same problem. I called after I was verified to reclassify two of my courses as non science instead of science courses. However my science gpa stayed the same when it should be higher.

I have the same problem. I called after I was verified to reclassify two of my courses as non science instead of science courses. However my science gpa stayed the same when it should be higher.

According to the email they calculate the Gpa after changing the courses, so I'm assuming they still have to make Gpa calculations

According to the email they calculate the Gpa after changing the courses, so I'm assuming they still have to make Gpa calculations

It's been a few days and they still haven't changed it. I tried to do my own calculation with every science course and the gpa is different from when I subtract these two courses and their quality points and calculate my gpa that way (I hope that made sense).

It's been a few days and they still haven't changed it. I tried to do my own calculation with every science course and the gpa is different from when I subtract these two courses and their quality points and calculate my gpa that way (I hope that made sense).

Definantely contact them, this is one of those critical errors they're gonna have to fix. Maybe those courses aren't considered science by aacomas standards?

Definantely contact them, this is one of those critical errors they're gonna have to fix. Maybe those courses aren't considered science by aacomas standards?

They were reclassified as non science classes buy my science gpa and total science quality points stayed the same.

Is it the exact same course? Most schools have two types of chemistry, biology, etc. One is for science majors and one is for non-science. Like at my school we had Chem 1441 for science majors and Chem 1301 for non-science students. These would not be considered equivalent courses.

Is it the exact same course? Most schools have two types of chemistry, biology, etc. One is for science majors and one is for non-science. Like at my school we had Chem 1441 for science majors and Chem 1301 for non-science students. These would not be considered equivalent courses.

I mean you're pretty much trying to get into gen chem 1 if you take chem 101. Gen chem 1 is more advanced, but the same content as chem 101.

I mean you're pretty much trying to get into gen chem 1 if you take chem 101. Gen chem 1 is more advanced, but the same content as chem 101.

What are the actual class names?

This sounds to be the issue. Even if the content is mostly the same, it sounds like an introductory class to normal general chemistry which won't be seen as equivalent.

Hopefully, someone else can chime in.

What are the actual class names?

This sounds to be the issue. Even if the content is mostly the same, it sounds like an introductory class to normal general chemistry which won't be seen as equivalent.

Hopefully, someone else can chime in.

Chem 101 and Chem 112.

You can place out of Chem101 with a placement test and jump straight into Chem 112 though.

I ended up recalculating my science gpa and AACOMAS miscalculated my gpa wrong for every year. Seriously WTH

With my calculations I'm at the 3.0 science barrier.

At least you guys have GPA's. I was verified yesterday and still don't even have "verified" grades, and under the CAS/report thing, my science GPA is off by .2

Just wanted to let yall know that you can replace grades with different course numbers within the same university.

For example, I replaced "Physics I for Engineers" with "Physics I". The second course was easier (by a long shot), but it was still able to replace the harder initial course.

Good luck everyone. I also agree that it is better to input the courses yourself.

For those having issues in here, Call AACOMAS AND write a very detailed email appealing your gpa and show specifically which courses should count as a repeat.

Courses taken at different universities/colleges CAN be counted as repeat so the old grade will be replaced by the new grade.

Courses taken at the SAME must have the same course title and description. If you had a course that was for some reason was changed from Zoology to Biology, then you must have your college registrar office email/fax on official university letter head explaining the change but that the courses are essentially the same.

Just wanted to let yall know that you can replace grades with different course numbers within the same university.

For example, I replaced "Physics I for Engineers" with "Physics I". The second course was easier (by a long shot), but it was still able to replace the harder initial course.

Good luck everyone. I also agree that it is better to input the courses yourself.

You got lucky. This isn't supposed to happen. The instructions specifically state they have to be the same course number and same course description if you are taking them at the same institution.

You got lucky. This isn't supposed to happen. The instructions specifically state they have to be the same course number and same course description if you are taking them at the same institution.

I guess I fell through the cracks:eek:

I freakin love you guys. I contacted aacomas until I finally got someone who replaced my grade from another university. This was even after I submitted and was already verified too. They basically "refresh" the verification so it gets reverified again
So I've called AACOMAS many MANY times, sent emails to the verification department. They are saying that since the application was verified and submitted that there is NOTHING they can do. What a nightmare...

I paid for the professional transcript entry BECAUSE I attended three different schools and I didn't want to risk making any mistakes myself. I don't know who does their data entry, but they did a TERRIBLE job. Are you certain that your application had already been verified AND submitted?

So I've called AACOMAS many MANY times, sent emails to the verification department. They are saying that since the application was verified and submitted that there is NOTHING they can do. What a nightmare...

I paid for the professional transcript entry BECAUSE I attending three different schools and I didn't want to risk making any mistakes myself. I don't know who does their data entry, but they did a TERRIBLE job. Are you certain that your application had already been verified AND submitted?

Yeah, I already submitted and they were able to still replace my Intro to philosophy from two different universities. I was very happy. But they can't replace chem 101 with gen chem 1.

I just kept using the email feature (Their website says don't call in regards to grade replacements) until I got someone who was able to do so.

In my case whoever did my "professional" transcript entry didn't properly assign AND zero out the credits from my transcripts. I caught a few grade errors, but didn't even think to verify that stuff until my GPA had been calculated, which you CAN NOT see until you verify. My God, this is just horrible. I'm 32, married with 3 kids. I quit my job to do post-bacc and give my dream of being a physician another shot. I can't believe AACOMAS is taking a dump on me like this in the name of policy.

Yeah, I already submitted and they were able to still replace my Intro to philosophy from two different universities. I was very happy. But they can't replace chem 101 with gen chem 1.

I just kept using the email feature (Their website says don't call in regards to grade replacements) until I got someone who was able to do so.
So they did tell you no at least once, and then you got someone that was willing to do it?

So they did tell you no at least once, and then you got someone that was willing to do it?

Yeah, I had about like 3-4 No's. But the thing is: I notified them that the course from a different university is considered the same course I used for replacement at my second university. I pointed it out to them on my transcript. My transcript changed the name of the old class and considered it a transferred credit, essentially the same class as the new course I took. So maybe pointing it out to them on my transcript was why they changed it. It wasn't just me trying to convince them that the classes were the same.

Yeah, I had about like 3-4 No's. But the thing is: I notified them that the course from a different university is considered the same course I used for replacement at my second university. I pointed it out to them on my transcript. My transcript changed the name of the old class and considered it a transferred credit, essentially the same class as the new course I took. So maybe pointing it out to them on my transcript was why they changed it. It wasn't just me trying to convince them that the classes were the same.
Awesome, I'll give it a try!

I paid for the professional transcript entry BECAUSE I attended three different schools and I didn't want to risk making any mistakes myself. I don't know who does their data entry, but they did a TERRIBLE job. Are you certain that your application had already been verified AND submitted?

I was going to use their "professional transcript entry" service for this same reason but now I think I'm going to just end up doing it myself.

I thought that after they verify your courses post-submission, you can refute any mistakes on their end? I guess I was wrong.

I was going to use their "professional transcript entry" service for this same reason but now I think I'm going to just end up doing it myself.

I thought that after they verify your courses post-submission, you can refute any mistakes on their end? I guess I was wrong.

naw man, they tell you "all students are responsible for notifying about repeats". Just do it yourself, and mark whatever courses you're unsure as repeats as repeats anyway, and they'll just correct you if you're wrong. Be liberal about it.

Other than that though AACOMAS has been great. It's just after typing my complete academic history for 5 SMP's, the professional transcript entry was a godsend.

They don't do grade replacement for courses from a different university (I know...I was pissed too)
Absolutely false. Anyone that told you this is lying to you. The rule is that the content must be nearly identical and of equal or greater units. Even the title can vary.

My application was just verified and immediately I received a rejection from Touro saying I didn't meet the 3.0 requirement. I looked at my GPA calculations and AACOMAS messed up on the transcript entry (I paid for the service thinking that was the safer option) by not factoring out the courses I took at a different school.

So I took Ochem at one school, bombed it, and then took it at another university and got an A, but the GPA was calculated as an average of the two... It's the same for a bunch of courses. Now my overall/science GPA and subcategories are all screwed up, but I had already paid the fees and submitted before verification was complete. Then I caught a few errors and got them fixed, but I didn't realize the GPA was going to be messed up (it looks like it was because they didn't properly assign the courses as "repeats").

Am I just totally screwed? Has anyone every dealt with this before? I caught the error right after Touro sent me the rejection, but it was after 5pm on the east coast. That means I'm stuck all weekend stressing about this!
I'm sorry to say, but at this point it does sound like you are very screwed. This has already been forwarded to all universities. Your best bet would be to ask for a refund if its possible or fees to cover next cycle.

AACOMAS has a bunch of idiots in their ranks. Always keep a watch for any screw ups in their parts. Happened to me last cycle when they lost one page of my transcripts and delayed my application.

Last edited:
IMG_1031.JPG
Holy crap, you did 5 SMP's? Was that a typo? You have FIVE masters degrees?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile