-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Franklin Pierce AZ campus
Started by tosh
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not 100% sure. I sent in the deposit just to be safe. I'm not sure they can justify such high tuition with what the school has to offer. They don't really even have their own campus, and the anatomy lab is located at a community college without actual cadavers. I didn't get a chance to speak with any of the students, so I would really like to hear what they have to say about the program.
That's true, how much is the tuition ? Is it like 25 K a year ? Well the good thing about the school is small class sizes, which means small faculty to student ratio. Also, FPU has great clinical sites around U.S. The person that interviewed me said the are planning on moving to a permanent location next year, so I hope it wouldn't be that bad. But still the lack of actual campus, libraries etc is a huge minus for me. I had my interview over the phone, so I didnt have a chance on visting 🙁😕
Same here - I'll send the deposit and the acceptance form but I have other applications and interviews that are still pending with other schools.I'm not 100% sure. I sent in the deposit just to be safe. I'm not sure they can justify such high tuition with what the school has to offer. They don't really even have their own campus, and the anatomy lab is located at a community college without actual cadavers. I didn't get a chance to speak with any of the students, so I would really like to hear what they have to say about the program.
So, how does it look like ? You know as long as the program is good meaning they teach you what they should and they are always there to answer your questions and pass the boards I don't care how the campus look like, but it would be nice to have that university feeling.
Midwestern in AZ ? They are not accredited yet right ?
Midwestern in AZ ? They are not accredited yet right ?
It's just connected to another building. It has a few classrooms/treatment rooms and has that "cozy" feeling. You are right though, I'm sure they would provide the basic necessary tools to become a physical therapist, and we would just make the best out of it. Unfortunately Midwestern in AZ is not accredited yet.
Exactly, I'm sure if we would have a good class, we would make it work. Faculty is really nice and seems very helpful I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue.
I remember looking at Midwestern in AZ but the fact that its not accredited yet pushed me away, however I saw posts by students from MidAZ and they were really satisfied with the program. I applied to Midwestern in IL but they are really slow with getting back to you.
I remember looking at Midwestern in AZ but the fact that its not accredited yet pushed me away, however I saw posts by students from MidAZ and they were really satisfied with the program. I applied to Midwestern in IL but they are really slow with getting back to you.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll be there at MWU tomorrow also. 😉Yeah I did haha. I have an interview with Midwestern tomorrow and I've heard that campus is great.
It sounds like you and I are on the same track: applied to all the AZ schools but we definitely have a pecking order. It would be nice to have multiple acceptances and chose the best one but if FPU is the only offer I get, I'll go with it because as you've both stated (and as I realized after my interview with them), it is accredited and will provide the PT training required.
I don't know for sure how many people will be in our group tomorrow but I seem to recall reading somewhere here that it would be maybe 20 or so?? Anyway, I'll see there..... bright and early. Drive careful! 😉Yeah ptootles thats exactly my thought process. Do you know how many people are interviewing tomorrow? I'm not looking forward to waking up so early and having to drive down haha.
Hey all, I have a phone interview coming up soon... does anybody have any advice for me? Congrats to all of you that were accepted btw, hope I can join you! lol
The interview was really straightforward and laid back. I had mine quite a while ago, but here are a few i remember:
1) If someone in a group you are working with wasn't pulling their weight, how would you handle the situation?
2) What do you like to do in your free time?
3) What concerns would you have for a school that is new?
4) How has undergraduate prepared you for the level of work at physical therapy school?
I hope this helps! If I remember any other questions I will try to post them. I received my acceptance like mid-december but had to decline.
1) If someone in a group you are working with wasn't pulling their weight, how would you handle the situation?
2) What do you like to do in your free time?
3) What concerns would you have for a school that is new?
4) How has undergraduate prepared you for the level of work at physical therapy school?
I hope this helps! If I remember any other questions I will try to post them. I received my acceptance like mid-december but had to decline.
Do they sent out rejection or waitlist notifications? I applied in November but haven't heard a thing back from them
Yeah I did haha. I have an interview with Midwestern tomorrow and I've heard that campus is great.