Franklin Pierce AZ campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tosh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Whats up guys,

I was just wondering who got accepted and who will be attending FPU ?

Members don't see this ad.

I got accepted there a few weeks ago. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you guys planning on attending ?

I'm not 100% sure. I sent in the deposit just to be safe. I'm not sure they can justify such high tuition with what the school has to offer. They don't really even have their own campus, and the anatomy lab is located at a community college without actual cadavers. I didn't get a chance to speak with any of the students, so I would really like to hear what they have to say about the program.

That's true, how much is the tuition ? Is it like 25 K a year ? Well the good thing about the school is small class sizes, which means small faculty to student ratio. Also, FPU has great clinical sites around U.S. The person that interviewed me said the are planning on moving to a permanent location next year, so I hope it wouldn't be that bad. But still the lack of actual campus, libraries etc is a huge minus for me. I had my interview over the phone, so I didnt have a chance on visting :(:confused:

I'm not 100% sure. I sent in the deposit just to be safe. I'm not sure they can justify such high tuition with what the school has to offer. They don't really even have their own campus, and the anatomy lab is located at a community college without actual cadavers. I didn't get a chance to speak with any of the students, so I would really like to hear what they have to say about the program.
Same here - I'll send the deposit and the acceptance form but I have other applications and interviews that are still pending with other schools.

I'm doing the same thing I still have interviews at UM, Rosalind Franklin, NYIT and waiting for response from Chapman, UIC, Midwestern, Nova ...

I believe tuition for all 3 years is around 80k. Yeah, their library was basically a cabinet. The faculty was very nice, but I just feel everything there is lacking.

So you visited the "campus" lol ?

:laugh: Yeah I did haha. I have an interview with Midwestern tomorrow and I've heard that campus is great.

So, how does it look like ? You know as long as the program is good meaning they teach you what they should and they are always there to answer your questions and pass the boards I don't care how the campus look like, but it would be nice to have that university feeling.
Midwestern in AZ ? They are not accredited yet right ?

It's just connected to another building. It has a few classrooms/treatment rooms and has that "cozy" feeling. You are right though, I'm sure they would provide the basic necessary tools to become a physical therapist, and we would just make the best out of it. Unfortunately Midwestern in AZ is not accredited yet.

Exactly, I'm sure if we would have a good class, we would make it work. Faculty is really nice and seems very helpful I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue.
I remember looking at Midwestern in AZ but the fact that its not accredited yet pushed me away, however I saw posts by students from MidAZ and they were really satisfied with the program. I applied to Midwestern in IL but they are really slow with getting back to you.

Yeah I've always believed it doesn't matter what school you go to. If somebody is going to be a good therapist, then they will no matter what. I'm just trying to go the cheapest route which is NAU. The whole not accredited thing does scare me too.

:laugh: Yeah I did haha. I have an interview with Midwestern tomorrow and I've heard that campus is great.
I'll be there at MWU tomorrow also. ;)

It sounds like you and I are on the same track: applied to all the AZ schools but we definitely have a pecking order. It would be nice to have multiple acceptances and chose the best one but if FPU is the only offer I get, I'll go with it because as you've both stated (and as I realized after my interview with them), it is accredited and will provide the PT training required.

Yeah ptootles thats exactly my thought process. Do you know how many people are interviewing tomorrow? I'm not looking forward to waking up so early and having to drive down haha.

Yeah ptootles thats exactly my thought process. Do you know how many people are interviewing tomorrow? I'm not looking forward to waking up so early and having to drive down haha.
I don't know for sure how many people will be in our group tomorrow but I seem to recall reading somewhere here that it would be maybe 20 or so?? Anyway, I'll see there..... bright and early. Drive careful! ;)

Hey all, I have a phone interview coming up soon... does anybody have any advice for me? Congrats to all of you that were accepted btw, hope I can join you! lol

The interview was really straightforward and laid back. I had mine quite a while ago, but here are a few i remember:

1) If someone in a group you are working with wasn't pulling their weight, how would you handle the situation?

2) What do you like to do in your free time?

3) What concerns would you have for a school that is new?

4) How has undergraduate prepared you for the level of work at physical therapy school?

I hope this helps! If I remember any other questions I will try to post them. I received my acceptance like mid-december but had to decline.

Do they sent out rejection or waitlist notifications? I applied in November but haven't heard a thing back from them