This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Engineering&Dental

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dat-angle/id1114175055?mt=8

Hi guys, an app I've been working on to help study for the Angle Ranking portion of the DAT just went live on the App Store. It's free.

I decided to create some affordable apps after seeing how expensive is it to get prep material while I was studying for the DAT. The whole dental school process is already expensive enough without adding that to the equation. DAT-Angle is the first of my affordable apps idea. I hope to be able to continue creating more in the future.

Try it out and let me know what you guys think. If you like it, help spread the word! Get it out there.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd like to bump this.
I wish I had a mobile angle ranking app when I was studying so I could practice on down time like in between class, at lunch, in the bathroom etc.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Sounds neat. I wish I had one of these as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd like to bump this.
I wish I had a mobile angle ranking app when I was studying so I could practice on down time like in between class, at lunch, in the bathroom etc.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Thanks BYU4you. You're so helpful

I like it so far! Can i ask what source you are getting these questions from? I'm also having trouble with ranking the last angles, what is your best strategy after eliminating?

I like it so far! Can i ask what source you are getting these questions from? I'm also having trouble with ranking the last angles, what is your best strategy after eliminating?

The questions are generated with an algorithm. I would say the DAT is close to medium difficulty but if you can develop a strategy that works on hard then angle ranking will be a breeze. I made hard really hard on purpose so don't worry about it too much. I might ease up that difficulty a little bit in the future when I get more feedback.

My strategy was quickly ranking the angles and then looking at the answers. if it's there then I select it and never look back. Take about 5 seconds to do. When I took the DAT, that work on about 70% of the angle ranking questions. The one I couldn't get right on the first try, I can spend a lot more time on and try to eliminate answers and what not.

I appreciate any other feedback you may have. If you like the app, please take a little time and give it a good review. Thanks!

Updated the app to balance the difficulties. I made hard a little easier. Let me know if there's any other recommendations/request

Thanks for making this, I've been using it for the past couple weeks or so. I would recommend to put inequalities (< or >) in between the answer numbers instead of dashes. As it is now, it'll say like 3-2-4-1, and 3<2<4<1 may be more beneficial. I've been super forgetful lately, so everytime I get back on the app, I have to remind myself if the greatest angle is put first or the smallest. Maybe I'm the only one who has to remind themselves each time lol but inequalities would help and be more accurate to the actual test.

Great job for making this though! Really awesome app!

Thanks for making this, I've been using it for the past couple weeks or so. I would recommend to put inequalities (< or >) in between the answer numbers instead of dashes. As it is now, it'll say like 3-2-4-1, and 3<2<4<1 may be more beneficial. I've been super forgetful lately, so everytime I get back on the app, I have to remind myself if the greatest angle is put first or the smallest. Maybe I'm the only one who has to remind themselves each time lol but inequalities would help and be more accurate to the actual test.

Great job for making this though! Really awesome app!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the actual DAT use dashes. I want to make it similar to the DAT so users can get acclimated. I can however put a pop up instruction when you press start and allow user to dismiss it. Thanks for the idea!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the actual DAT use dashes. I want to make it similar to the DAT so users can get acclimated. I can however put a pop up instruction when you press start and allow user to dismiss it. Thanks for the idea!
Oh maybe... I've just been going off of Bootcamp, which has inequalities. Haven't taken the actual exam yet. If that's the case, then definitely keep the dashes!
Honestly, it's probably not a huge deal, and a pop-up may be more annoying than beneficial to a lot of people (I think my brain personally is just losing it right now). If no one else has that problem, then I am clearly the outlier lol

Oh maybe... I've just been going off of Bootcamp, which has inequalities. Haven't taken the actual exam yet. If that's the case, then definitely keep the dashes!
Honestly, it's probably not a huge deal, and a pop-up may be more annoying than beneficial to a lot of people (I think my brain personally is just losing it right now). If no one else has that problem, then I am clearly the outlier lol

No worries. It happens to me too when I'm studying. You can also click on the help button on top right. The instruction is there also.

I've been working on an app for practicing hole punching questions on that PAT. I'm hoping I'll be done in the next month. Just wanted to update you guys. And if you haven't tried out my angle ranking app, you should! It's free. Links are above. Happy Studying!

I wish there was an android version :(

I wish there was an android version :(

I've been looking into android studios so hopefully I can code one for android soon. I recently got an interview with DCG (my #1 school) so I've been focused on that =)

I've been looking into android studios so hopefully I can code one for android soon. I recently got an interview with DCG (my #1 school) so I've been focused on that =)
Well, congrats! and good luck!