FRESHMAN GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlueREM

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
what is a typical freshman gpa for premed students. Im just alittle worried that mine isnt so good. right now its 2.7 any advise?

Members don't see this ad.

i would not be TOO concerned, my freshman year GPA was less than 3.0 as well and i was able to raise it to 3.6 by the end of junior year. it takes a lot of work, though, especially in important classes like organic chemistry. i also had to completely change my study habits but i think it was worth it. one good thing is that a progression upward in grades always looks good.

Hey mvalento, what school did you end up getting into, if you have applied yet? But you are right, an upward tread is what the admission commitees like to see. It shows you are mature.

Rocky

At my undergrad, intro science courses were notoriously poor, and grades improved as one took mid and upper level classes. Of course, it's still a good idea to find classes you love and work your BUTT off (even in the ones you don't love so much). But stay sane -- in the grand scheme of things, balance is good, but remind yourself every now and then of your final goal.