Freshman Stats (Should I retake courses or take just continue on?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheYellowOne

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
BIO 101 - C
CHM 101 - C+
CHM 101 L - B-
WRT 104 - C+
BUS 140 - A
COM 100 - B
MUS 106 - C+
CHN 101 - B-
Cumulative GPA at the moment is 2.72

Now I'm taking
BIO 102
CHM 112
CHM 112L
CHN 102
JOR 110 <-- Gen Ed

Should I retake like BIO 101 to improve my grade and just get rid of JOR 110, because I could just take Microeconomics, Psychology and use those two courses to complete my social sciences gen ed.
Any opinions? I'm going to be taking BIO 102 and BIO 101 at the same time.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't retake any courses quite yet, unless you absolutely feel as if you learned nothing in those courses. If you get a C-, then it is highly advisable that you retake that course.

I suggest regrouping for this upcoming semester and try to avoid any more Cs at all costs. Maybe you can change your study habits or note taking.

Good luck!:)

Yeah, I am actually dedicating myself and hoping to get a 4.0 GPA. Changing how I'm studying and being at the library everyday and staying away from my laptop.

The thing is, I could have done much better at BIO 101, but I was just not in a habit in studying since it was my first semester. I really want to retake BIO 101 and get an A so to average it out to a B.

Members don't see this ad :)
BIO 101 - C
CHM 101 - C+
CHM 101 L - B-
WRT 104 - C+
BUS 140 - A
COM 100 - B
MUS 106 - C+
CHN 101 - B-
Cumulative GPA at the moment is 2.72

Now I'm taking
BIO 102
CHM 112
CHM 112L
CHN 102
JOR 110 <-- Gen Ed

Should I retake like BIO 101 to improve my grade and just get rid of JOR 110, because I could just take Microeconomics, Psychology and use those two courses to complete my social sciences gen ed.

Pharmacy schools like to see an upward grade trend. Most adcom understand your 1st semester/quarter grades are a result of the transition from high school to college. I suggest to hold off on retaking your classes right now. Focus on getting A's in the spring semester. At least that's what I would do if i were in your situation.

I'm thinking of taking Human Anatomy instead of CHN 102. Then take CHN 102 over the summer. Would it be a good idea to take Human Anatomy while also taking another Biology class? I am planning on taking Physiology in the fall of 2008.

I'm thinking of taking Human Anatomy instead of CHN 102. Then take CHN 102 over the summer. Would it be a good idea to take Human Anatomy while also taking another Biology class? I am planning on taking Physiology in the fall of 2008.

Hi Yellow,

Anatomy requires a lot of memorization. I think it's key to balance your courseload with a mixture of science and GE classes. Just make sure you take the anatomy class that satisfies the prereqs to pharm schools you intend to apply.

I would just try to get as many A's as you can this semester and see how much that raises your GPA. You should really try to raise your GPA to at least a 3.0, or even better, a 3.5 to be more competitive.