freshman year schedule questions

ashsant15

2+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2017
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Hello, I'm going to be a freshman in the fall with the intention of being an IMS major, most likely pre-med. I just wanted some opinions on my schedule, because I have quite a bit of uncertainty regarding what classes to add, or which would be better to drop. I feel like I'm not doing enough, and my advisers aren't much help.

Currently, I have:
    Chem 1 lecture
    Chem 1 lab
    Chem 1 Discussion
    Pre-calc
    Colloquium*
    A theater class (this is a filler, I'm planning on dropping & replacing with something more relevant, I just don't know what yet!)

*(the chem and math classes are kind of a bundle, that comes with a colloquium class that's kind of like a study hall/lecture)

I'm planning on adding an English class during add/drop week. I was planning on taking biology, but my advisers had me take chem since it's full. I would LIKE to add a biology I, so I'm planning on showing up to class on the first day in an attempt to take someone's spot who was dropped, fingers crossed! I have 4 classes right now, but would like to be taking 5. So, I have to add 2 more.

Can anyone offer any advice on classes I can take instead of the elective, or any reassurance that I won't be behind due to my possible lack of biology?

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
    Verified Expert
    15+ Year Member
    Sep 4, 2006
    The Other Side of the Portal
    1. Attending Physician
      Hello, I'm going to be a freshman in the fall with the intention of being an IMS major, most likely pre-med. I just wanted some opinions on my schedule, because I have quite a bit of uncertainty regarding what classes to add, or which would be better to drop. I feel like I'm not doing enough, and my advisers aren't much help.

Currently, I have:
      Chem 1 lecture
      Chem 1 lab
      Chem 1 Discussion
      Pre-calc
      Colloquium*
      A theater class (this is a filler, I'm planning on dropping & replacing with something more relevant, I just don't know what yet!)

*(the chem and math classes are kind of a bundle, that comes with a colloquium class that's kind of like a study hall/lecture)

I'm planning on adding an English class during add/drop week. I was planning on taking biology, but my advisers had me take chem since it's full. I would LIKE to add a biology I, so I'm planning on showing up to class on the first day in an attempt to take someone's spot who was dropped, fingers crossed! I have 4 classes right now, but would like to be taking 5. So, I have to add 2 more.

Can anyone offer any advice on classes I can take instead of the elective, or any reassurance that I won't be behind due to my possible lack of biology?
      Spanish? Or Physics I+Lab if you can't get into Bio I (though I do think you have a good strategy. Keep checking frequently for the three days after the class begins and there's a high likelihood a spot will open up).

ashsant15

2+ Year Member
      Aug 2, 2017
        Spanish? Or Physics I+Lab if you can't get into Bio I (though I do think you have a good strategy. Keep checking frequently for the three days after the class begins and there's a high likelihood a spot will open up).
        I have actually been considering taking physics! I've just have little background in the subject so my only concern is that the courseload will be too much

About the Ads

Blanky

2+ Year Member
        Mar 12, 2017
        1. Medical Student
          You have plenty of time to take bio/physics. Starting your chemistry and a math course looks perfect. Consider adding some GE requirements like English or an elective( American lit government etc etc) 15 credits should be plenty.

Reactions: 1 user

ashsant15

2+ Year Member
          Aug 2, 2017
            You have plenty of time to take bio/physics. Starting your chemistry and a math course looks perfect. Consider adding some GE requirements like English or an elective( American lit government etc etc) 15 credits should be plenty.
            Thanks for the advice!! I absolutely need 15 credits, because that's the requirement for the scholarship I have and I didn't know which classes were worth taking. I'll check out some more gen eds!

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.