Friday thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Inviting some friends over for an early christmas brunch and spending the rest of the weekend shopping for gifts. Let the craziness begin!

Inviting some friends over for an early christmas brunch and spending the rest of the weekend shopping for gifts. Let the craziness begin!
Sounds like a good time. I need to wrap my christmas shopping as well, especially with upcoming travels.

Tomorrow night is my annual end of prohibition party. A good payoff to a busy semester.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like a good time. I need to wrap my christmas shopping as well, especially with upcoming travels.

Tomorrow night is my annual end of prohibition party. A good payoff to a busy semester.

Apparently that was yesterday according to google. I had a glass of wine to celebrate and didn't even know what I was celebrating. I just thought it was Thursday. :happy:

Reactions: 1 users
Today I received the new version of one of the tests I use (Bayley-4). Very excited to geek out this weekend with the kit and the technical manual. Have to put together a training for the other psychs and interns. I hope the cognitive scale still has the duck flipping item- hands down the best item on any test in the history of our field!

I have a charity event tonight l, a date tomorrow, and a lecture to finish.

Playing some sportsball tonight, state association meetings tomorrow morning, work dinner for wife, finish welding together a still, hopefully some sleep in there somewhere.

Playing some sportsball tonight, state association meetings tomorrow morning, work dinner for wife, finish welding together a still, hopefully some sleep in there somewhere.

Wis,

I am going to need you to teach me how to weld. A useful skill I have never picked up.

Wis,

I am going to need you to teach me how to weld. A useful skill I have never picked up.

Ah, I should be more clear, I guess I am technically just soldering here. It's similar to soldering copper pipes for plumbing together. Much easier than straight up welding. Soldering is easy, I used to fix our eeg caps and equipment back in grad school, got pretty good at it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a charity event tonight l, a date tomorrow, and a lecture to finish.

Gym and dinner at home tonight. Going to finally get to watch the Joker movie. Dinner and a show with the wife tomorrow.

Ah, I should be more clear, I guess I am technically just soldering here. It's similar to soldering copper pipes for plumbing together. Much easier than straight up welding. Soldering is easy, I used to fix our eeg caps and equipment back in grad school, got pretty good at it.

Ahh, soldering I can do. I need to learn real TIG and MIG welding.Copper still?

Reactions: 1 user
I'd also like to see about taking a welding cert course one of these days. Or maybe something in engine repair.

Working this weekend, but then have a short trip planned for next weekend. Recently got a new decanter that I want to start using, because I like to pretend to be fancy.

I’ve always pictured welding as my apocalypse job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a patient that is a retired welder/welding intstructor. SDN welding class? Wis, you bring the booze?

I have a patient that is a retired welder/welding intstructor. SDN welding class? Wis, you bring the booze?
Sure thing, may want to save the booze for after the welding though. I imagine my booze/welding philosophy would coincide pretty much with my booze/guns philosophy.

Sure thing, may want to save the booze for after the welding though. I imagine my booze/welding philosophy would coincide pretty much with my booze/guns philosophy.

Well, of course. I like my fingers attached to me, not full of hot wire and welded to a panel.

So, in this mythical world where we have our first SDN conference we have a welding workshop in the works. I can teach a brewing workshop. And, just to make it truly SDN-ish, I can give advice to trainees and early career folks in a brutally honest tone that they can whine about later as they sip appletinis over at the kiddy table at the hotel bar.

So, in this mythical world where we have our first SDN conference we have a welding workshop in the works. I can teach a brewing workshop. And, just to make it truly SDN-ish, I can give advice to trainees and early career folks in a brutally honest tone that they can whine about later as they sip appletinis over at the kiddy table at the hotel bar.

If the early career and trainee folks are getting advice, do we:

A. Do it before the brewing workshop so they can get drunk on samples after the bad news
or
B. Get them drunk and then give them the advice they don't want to hear?

Long Friday here; 12 patients followed by a 90-minute commute for a state committee meeting tomorrow. No welding, soldering, widdling, or tossing the caber here.

Enjoying a Maker’s Mark Private Select now while watching the next episode of The Messiah - rather intriguing.

If the early career and trainee folks are getting advice, do we:

A. Do it before the brewing workshop so they can get drunk on samples after the bad news
or
B. Get them drunk and then give them the advice they don't want to hear?

Idea: The Q&A session is a drinking game. One half shot of beer per question. Students are free to drink when one of us says something predictable.

I will be chairing a symposium on how to create PsyDr memes. Everyone feel free to register.

Anyone ever played Last Night on Earth? We've been playing it a fair deal at our board game group and I'm eyeballing an expansion. I wondered if anyone had any advice on any if you've played it.

Yup. Monday at lunch and this is where I'm at for the week.

Anyone ever played Last Night on Earth? We've been playing it a fair deal at our board game group and I'm eyeballing an expansion. I wondered if anyone had any advice on any if you've played it.

Yup. Monday at lunch and this is where I'm at for the week.
I have it, but no expansions. I eagerly await any advice you may get.
On that topic, I recently picked up Dead of Winter and I really like it.

I have it, but no expansions. I eagerly await any advice you may get.
On that topic, I recently picked up Dead of Winter and I really like it.
I love that game as well. DOW is one of my favorites for sure.

I'll give you an update after I grab one of the expansions and give it a couple plays.

Gonna work 12 hrs today. Trying to decide if I'm gonna go for a long run or buy a switch and play Zelda.

Saturday flying back home on the red eye, having some furniture delivered, then going out with friends.

Sunday got a date. I'll try and finish a forensic report in the evening.

Gonna work 12 hrs today. Trying to decide if I'm gonna go for a long run or buy a switch and play Zelda.

Saturday flying back home on the red eye, having some furniture delivered, then going out with friends.

Go for Zelda! Report back how it is.

Gonna work a short day, from home. Need to find some new ps4 games. Then volleyball and probably late happy hour with buddy afterwards.

PsyDr is your furniture all modern and fancy? Like the coffee table with a built in fridge drawer and pull out bar?

Zelda. Always Zelda.

Got my car inspected today! Realized that it was last day of the month, so cutting it close. Better than last year, when I brought it in for inspection, only to find out that I forgot to renew the registration a month prior!

Date with my wife to the local cidery (I think that’s what you call it), then hopefully I can convince her to play a board game later (though I’ll probably just fall asleep). Friend loaned me Spider-Man for PS4, do that and playing ice hockey tomorrow. Apparently there’s some “big game” on Sunday night?

Gonna work a short day, from home. Need to find some new ps4 games. Then volleyball and probably late happy hour with buddy afterwards.

PsyDr is your furniture all modern and fancy? Like the coffee table with a built in fridge drawer and pull out bar?

Way off. Think chesterfield sofas.

Trying to decide if I'm gonna go for a long run or buy a switch and play Zelda.

To my kids it's the Switch. To me it's the Zelda Machine. But save it for the red eye unless you can actually sleep through all that.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Way off. Think chesterfield sofas.

Ah, classic. I like more old fashioned, simple stuff. Though, I refuse to have anything nice with the kid. For a family hovering round half a million in income, our furniture would suggest more in the 5 digit range. Ah, maybe once they're heading off to college...