O.G.
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2000
Dreaming of Margaritaville
www.-----.com
Status
Psychologist
I have 1 roll of paper towels, 7 old shirts, access to many fallen leaves, 1 pack computer paper, and 6 paper grocery bags. These are not fun thoughts.

What kind of non clinical work? Sounds like a good move.

My thoughts are that facial tissue is your best bet and still available in most stores. Just keep a plastic/garbage bag handy as they can clog toilets. Also, I would recommend a shower or bucket of water rather than a garden hose. That is way it is done in other parts of the world. Lessons for the less well-traveled:

Bathroom tips

WisNeuro

Board Certified Neuropsychologist
10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2009
Somewhere
Status
Psychologist
My thoughts are that facial tissue is your best bet and still available in most stores. Just keep a plastic/garbage bag handy as they can clog toilets. Also, I would recommend a shower or bucket of water rather than a garden hose. That is way it is done in other parts of the world. Lessons for the less well-traveled:

Bathroom tips
Yeah, but with the garden hose nozzle, I can get a good blast for tough ones, or a gentle mist if I'm feeling chapped ;)

About the Ads

WisNeuro

10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2009
Somewhere
Status
Psychologist
Just did my biweekly shopping run, midday (less busy). Had a few packs of TP left, no danger of having to use the hose now. Unless I'm feeling the call of the Redneck Bidet, aka the Appalachian Cleanse.

WisNeuro

10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2009
Somewhere
Status
Psychologist
Good for you, but kind of saddened by what this says about the field.
I'll still always maintain some clinical work, probably doing medicare dementia evals, but it will only be between 25-50% of my time in any given week once I get going, most likely. Maybe after stocking enough away I'll up my volunteer/pro bono time. But, I'm done sacrificing most of my time for the betterment of all. Systems suck, I'm going to do what's best for me and mine for a little while. Still gonna be heavily involved in state psych leadership, though, so there's that.

PsyDWannabe

WombStewWithCrustyBread
10+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2009
Status
Psychology Student
I'll still always maintain some clinical work, probably doing medicare dementia evals, but it will only be between 25-50% of my time in any given week once I get going, most likely. Maybe after stocking enough away I'll up my volunteer/pro bono time. But, I'm done sacrificing most of my time for the betterment of all. Systems suck, I'm going to do what's best for me and mine for a little while. Still gonna be heavily involved in state psych leadership, though, so there's that.
I respect the duality, aiming for a similar balance in the near future.

PsyDr

Psychologist
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
Status
Psychologist
One of us, one of us.

But you have to maintain clinical work. It’s required for almost all medicolegal work.

WisNeuro

10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2009
Somewhere
Status
Psychologist
One of us, one of us.

But you have to maintain clinical work. It’s required for almost all medicolegal work.
Gooble Gobble, Gooble Gobble. Yeah, still planning on seeing a couple dementia cases a week. They don't pay great, but I like working with gero. Still probably accept some other general cases here and there too, to stay up on the clinical lit for things (epilepsy, MS, etc).

About the Ads

PsyDr

Psychologist
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
Status
Psychologist
Come over. There's plenty of stuff, but no scotch. I’m building up my wine collection.

About the Ads

ClinicalABA

7+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2011
New England
Status
Psychologist
I'm partial to Oban 14 year, if you're buying.

I made some grapefruit Pisco sours for a happy hour Zoom with my psychologist and speech pathologist team. They were quite good, though dangerous- absolutely no taste of alcohol. I "chased" 'em with a Manhattan, just so I could know I was drinking adult beverages. Now getting ready for some Zoom trivia with my regional ABA staff.

PsyDr

Psychologist
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
Status
Psychologist
Another weekend of running, writing, cooking.... Got a social distance happy hour tonight.

Does the week really end, anymore?

WisNeuro

10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2009
Somewhere
Status
Psychologist
Another weekend of running, writing, cooking....

Does the week really end, anymore?
Yeah, they are just days that end in y now. Gardening, running, workouts, grilling, craft beer, board games this weekend. Now that all my business permits and licenses are now in, should work on all my credentialing with some companies and doing some additional networking.

About the Ads

ClinicalABA

7+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2011
New England
Status
Psychologist
Looking forward to some chainsawing and burning stuff later today, followed by a backyard vacation if it’s warm enough to sleep comfortably in the tent. First I have to Zoom “proctor” a final exam. Online teaching has been fine, but testing has not. My school has an option for testing where students download a secure browser program that they can’t minimize, exit from, or screen shot without leaving the exam. Of course it doesn’t work properly with Macs (or with, I suspect, students who attempt to see if the security features are real). Non stop texts and phone calls about it last night/this morning. Only solution is that I watch them take it via Zoom. That’ll be fun.

Reactions: Fan_of_Meehl

Fan_of_Meehl

5+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2014
Status
Psychologist
Looking forward to some chainsawing and burning stuff later today, followed by a backyard vacation if it’s warm enough to sleep comfortably in the tent. First I have to Zoom “proctor” a final exam. Online teaching has been fine, but testing has not. My school has an option for testing where students download a secure browser program that they can’t minimize, exit from, or screen shot without leaving the exam. Of course it doesn’t work properly with Macs (or with, I suspect, students who attempt to see if the security features are real). Non stop texts and phone calls about it last night/this morning. Only solution is that I watch them take it via Zoom. That’ll be fun.
They really need to perfect the R2-D2 proctor droid

Sanman

O.G.
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2000
www.-----.com
Status
Psychologist
Yeah, both methods seem easily defeated with a second device off camera. Maybe just an open book exam instead?

ClinicalABA

7+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2011
New England
Status
Psychologist
Yeah, both methods seem easily defeated with a second device off camera. Maybe just an open book exam instead?
I agree, but it's a basic ABA class, and the goal of the program is, in part, to prepare them to take their credentialling exam. It's a relatively tough exam and and requires a fair bit of fluency with these basic concepts. I've emphasized that cheating is equivalent to wasting their money. From the looks of the grades so far, nobody has done much cheating!

Sanman

O.G.
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2000
www.-----.com
Status
Psychologist
I'm bored and no one seems to be around to entertain me, so I guess I will drink my bastardized screwdriver (Polar Orange Dy and Vodka) and finish some treatment plans while contemplating takeout for dinner.

Sanman

O.G.
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2000
www.-----.com
Status
Psychologist
Bastardization is all a matter of perspective. That was getting fancy in my earlier graduate school years.
Graduate school was a long time ago for me. While Polar Orange Dry is a great soda (way better than the mainstream stuff), I can afford the splurge of fresh squeezed OJ when it doesn't involve donning a hazmat suit and risking my life.

Reactions: PsyDr and R. Matey

PsyDr

Psychologist
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
Status
Psychologist
I'm bored and no one seems to be around to entertain me, so I guess I will drink my bastardized screwdriver (Polar Orange Dy and Vodka) and finish some treatment plans while contemplating takeout for dinner.
Seltzer and vodka... acceptable in the summer.

Brown liquor in the winter or this weekend during the derby party.

About the Ads