WisNeuro

Board Certified Neuropsychologist
10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2009
Somewhere
Status
Psychologist
Finalizing paperwork and fee schedules for another credentialing thing, figuring out furniture for a new office, porch fires, relaxing.

About the Ads

ClinicalABA

7+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2011
New England
Status
Psychologist
Supposed to be away, but trip cancelled. Still, I'm on "vacation" for next week or so. Kind of a bummer, but what can you do?

Enjoyed some vodka greyhounds and and a game of rummikub with my spouse. Bought some Maine beers and cider (allagash and downcast, respectively) as that's where we're supposed to be. Got a new mountain bike (apparently one of the last remaining for sale in the country!), so plan on doing some local trails, plus some canoeing and fishing. It'll be nice break from watching toddlers on zoom meetings. Assessments going well, but just not the same. Cant wait to get back to the office, if only to break up some of the monotony of working from home.

Sanman

O.G.
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2000
Dreaming of Margaritaville
www.-----.com
Status
Psychologist
Supposed to be away, but trip cancelled. Still, I'm on "vacation" for next week or so. Kind of a bummer, but what can you do?

Enjoyed some vodka greyhounds and and a game of rummikub with my spouse. Bought some Maine beers and cider (allagash and downcast, respectively) as that's where we're supposed to be. Got a new mountain bike (apparently one of the last remaining for sale in the country!), so plan on doing some local trails, plus some canoeing and fishing. It'll be nice break from watching toddlers on zoom meetings. Assessments going well, but just not the same. Cant wait to get back to the office, if only to break up some of the monotony of working from home.
Ooh, I do love some Allagash white! As for mountain bikes, I believe it. I ended up getting new tires and a new saddle for my old mountain bike. Even that was hard to find.

ClinicalABA

7+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2011
New England
Status
Psychologist
Ooh, I do love some Allagash white! As for mountain bikes, I believe it. I ended up getting new tires and a new saddle for my old mountain bike. Even that was hard to find.
It is Allagash White, and it is good. Ever had any of their bigger bottle stuff, like Curieux? Very good, but high abv.

Apparently China had about a 3 month period of not making/exporting bikes and parts. Combined with higher demand, theres nothing to be found. Shops have been crazy with tune ups and repairs, though, with weeks long waits. I found a local company that comes to your house with a van and supplies and does the work on site, and encourages you to watch and ask questions to learn how to do it yourself.

ClinicalABA

7+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2011
New England
Status
Psychologist
It's Friday (I think). Grilling - in the rain- some ribs (baby back and St. Louis), barbecued chicken, mashed taters, and cornbread. Had a nice local IPA earlier, and am enjoying a daiquiri now. I smell like hickory smoke. When this pandemic stuff is over, you're all invited for bbq (as long as you bring bourbon, scotch, or beer from the brewery you're a partner in).

Stay safe and enjoy the 4th.

Justanothergrad

Counseling Psychologist
7+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2013
It's Friday (I think). Grilling - in the rain- some ribs (baby back and St. Louis), barbecued chicken, mashed taters, and cornbread. Had a nice local IPA earlier, and am enjoying a daiquiri now. I smell like hickory smoke. When this pandemic stuff is over, you're all invited for bbq (as long as you bring bourbon, scotch, or beer from the brewery you're a partner in).

Stay safe and enjoy the 4th.
Sounds like a good way to start the 4th - I'm cracking open a new tripel I brewed tonight myself while I kick into some Two Towers extended edition. Should make for exactly the type of evening I want and need.

Sanman

O.G.
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2000
Dreaming of Margaritaville
www.-----.com
Status
Psychologist
It is Allagash White, and it is good. Ever had any of their bigger bottle stuff, like Curieux? Very good, but high abv.

Apparently China had about a 3 month period of not making/exporting bikes and parts. Combined with higher demand, theres nothing to be found. Shops have been crazy with tune ups and repairs, though, with weeks long waits. I found a local company that comes to your house with a van and supplies and does the work on site, and encourages you to watch and ask questions to learn how to do it yourself.

I haven't had a lot of their stuff, but allagash white is carried at a lot of the tap houses and restaurants near me. It is a good go to beer.

Bike service was backed up near us as well. I ended up doing the installs and tune up myself with the help of Youtube videos.

Picked up some local craft sour beers and a hefeweizen from Schneider-Weisse. Will be grilling as well this weekend.

Reactions: ClinicalABA
About the Ads
Nov 11, 2018
Status
Psychology Student
Social isolation has reached a new level of boredom for me. I’ll be switching out my old almond-colored switch plates and outlets for crisp new white ones this weekend. I’m terribly excited about this, and mildly ashamed at how excited I am.

I didn’t have a bicycle pre-COVID but a local Kiwanis restores old bikes and sells them at a pretty steep discount. Scored two great-condition bikes for self and spouse and have been doing paved trails appropriate for overweight couch-rats lately. At least the weather has been flawless.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2018
I recently had a fever and need to have two covid tests with negative results at least two days apart before I can go back to work. I also unfortunately have a history of vasovagal syncope. When I went on Wednesday, I ended up waking up to a very concerned nurse who luckily decided she didn't need to call 911. Can't wait to start my weekend off by passing out in my car again tomorrow...

• Wow
Reactions: R. Matey

WisNeuro

10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2009
Somewhere
Status
Psychologist
Sorry to hear that Empathic. We are a 2 doctor household with a kid in daycare, so whenever anyone gets a whiff of some sort of symptom, we need to be tested. I think we have 7 different testing incidences between the two of us adults.

Starting up some outdoor sports this weekend. I feel relatively ok about softball. Playing outfield helps, I don't have to be near anyone :)

ClinicalABA

7+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2011
New England
Status
Psychologist
Social isolation has reached a new level of boredom for me. I’ll be switching out my old almond-colored switch plates and outlets for crisp new white ones this weekend. I’m terribly excited about this, and mildly ashamed at how excited I am.

I didn’t have a bicycle for-COVID but a local Kiwanis restores old bikes and sells them at a pretty steep discount. Scored two great-condition bikes for self and spouse and have been doing paved trails appropriate for overweight couch-rats lately. At least the weather has been flawless.
That is very exciting! Nothing like crisp white switch plates. If you're also changing out the switches and outlets, I'd recommend confirming that the power is shut off before having your wife begin unscrewing the old switch. Speaking from experience, they don't like it when you don't, plus it can leave a stubborn black char mark on the wall!

Therapist4Chnge

Neuropsych Ninja Faculty
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2006
The Beach
Status
Psychologist
More reporting writing on a Friday afternoon. I'll probably work a 1/2 day on Sat or Sun, whichever day has the worst forecast. My hammock is officially setup and I have a few books I've been meaning to read, so at least some leisure reading will probably happen this weekend.

futureapppsy2

Assistant professor
10+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2008
More reporting writing on a Friday afternoon. I'll probably work a 1/2 day on Sat or Sun, whichever day has the worst forecast. My hammock is officially setup and I have a few books I've been meaning to read, so at least some leisure reading will probably happen this weekend.
Is it just me or did you feel like SDN was leaking to the Div 22 Listserv with the boarding discussion today?

Reactions: Therapist4Chnge
About the Ads
Nov 11, 2018
Status
Psychology Student
Can we start a “fake work emergency” phone call system for each other?

There’s probably an app for this but my spouse is too smart for apps.

About the Ads

AbnormalPsych

Psychologist
5+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2014
Everywhere
Status
Psychologist
Can we start a “fake work emergency” phone call system for each other?

There’s probably an app for this but my spouse is too smart for apps.

You are right. What a time to be alive!

Reactions: Action_Potential
Jul 13, 2020
Status
Psychologist
I'm starting to get into bourbon. Costco has a $35 dollar bottle of Four Roses single barrel. Any other good intro bourbons y'all would recommend?

WisNeuro

10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2009
Somewhere
Status
Psychologist
I'm starting to get into bourbon. Costco has a $35 dollar bottle of Four Roses single barrel. Any other good intro bourbons y'all would recommend?
Old Forester is a good value buy, as is Larceny small batch. Basil Hayden's ok middle of the road. Angel's Envy has a few good ones, I like the port wine cask finished one. Weller special reserve, but you won't be able to find it most places, it's the poor man's Pappy these days.

PsyDr

Psychologist
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
Status
Psychologist

WisNeuro

10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2009
Somewhere
Status
Psychologist
Don't you malign my Pappy! Although, I am wondering if I should sell high on my bottles of Pappy on the secondary market.

Jul 13, 2020
Status
Psychologist
I went to Total Wine to see what they had last night. They were so busy. Apparently they've been slammed since the shut down with lots of people just coming by to hang out. I ended up getting some Makers 46 and Larceny.

Has anyone here ever dealt with a torn meniscus? I tore mine recently. Thank god I can still cycle w/o issues. I'm trying intensive PT to avoid a surgery.

ClinicalABA

7+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2011
New England
Status
Psychologist
Giving 4 hour zoom lecture/class this morning, then some daiquiris and cold pizza! Have to finish up some reports and gade some assignments. Hope to get in some biking, fishing, and finishing up Days Gone.

WisNeuro

10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2009
Somewhere
Status
Psychologist
Morning quarterly zoom meeting. Rest of the day is pretty open, maybe some yard work, bike ride with the gremlin, reading.

Nov 14, 2018
I work in wilderness therapy and was all ready to have a relaxed day helping with an enrollment, when one of our kids went AWOL for five hours. He was eventually found and safe (although likely getting discharged to a higher security program), but ended up combing the woods for hours helping to look for him. This quickly turned into an early night playing video games with my housemate.

Reactions: borne_before
About the Ads