Jul 13, 2020
Status
Psychologist
Today is my Friday. We're going to take the camper out this weekend. We were originally going to leave in the morning but we're going to try to time the drive with bedtime so the little one will just sleep while we drive. Hopefully, finding a good spot wont be an issue in the dark.

We're also thinking about buying a peloton. I've been an avid road cyclist for years, but I just don't have time to get out during the week.

Last edited:
Reactions: ClinicalABA
About the Ads

Justanothergrad

Counseling Psychologist
7+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2013
In person. They didn’t combine separate groups into one room and cleaned rooms between games.
I ended up doing some of the Exit series at home over the last few weeks. It was pretty fantastic and gave the same sort of rush feel as in person with a 1 shot go given the scoring criteria and trying to perform well on it. I was dying to do another escape room and COVID got in the way, but this was a good alternative (if you havent seen it).
Amazon product

WisNeuro

Board Certified Neuropsychologist
10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2009
Somewhere
Status
Psychologist
I ended up doing some of the Exit series at home over the last few weeks. It was pretty fantastic and gave the same sort of rush feel as in person with a 1 shot go given the scoring criteria and trying to perform well on it. I was dying to do another escape room and COVID got in the way, but this was a good alternative (if you havent seen it).
Amazon product
Done a few of these. In the several we've done, it's been hot or miss. Although, I guess the same is pretty much true for in-person escape rooms.

About the Ads

ClinicalABA

7+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2011
New England
Status
Psychologist
I guess I was pretty lucky in my go with them - any memory on the good ones you did?
One fun one had to do with being shipwrecked on an island, about all I can remember
Coincidentally this is what's on the docket tonight at Chez ClinicalABA (at least one of the escape games; definitely more than one of the Titos Collins!). We've done a few of the Unlocked before, and they were fun. Never did an Exit.

Attachments

Reactions: borne_before

ClinicalABA

7+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2011
New England
Status
Psychologist
Packing the car to head up to camp in Northern NH for very long weekend of floating in the canoe and standing in a river waving a stick (i.e. flyfishing). Figure I better go before MA gets put on their quarantine list. Plus, tomorrow Mark's another trip around the sun, so I'm treating myself to some time away (after dinner tonight with family at an Argentinian steakhouse. Stocked up on some local IPAs (canned yesterday!), relatively local kolsch, and a bottle of Eagle Rare to bring with me. Downloaded a Neal Stephenson book for the down times.

R. Matey

A Pirate
5+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2014
Treasure Island
Status
Post Doc
Packing the car to head up to camp in Northern NH for very long weekend of floating in the canoe and standing in a river waving a stick (i.e. flyfishing). Figure I better go before MA gets put on their quarantine list. Plus, tomorrow Mark's another trip around the sun, so I'm treating myself to some time away (after dinner tonight with family at an Argentinian steakhouse. Stocked up on some local IPAs (canned yesterday!), relatively local kolsch, and a bottle of Eagle Rare to bring with me. Downloaded a Neal Stephenson book for the down times.
Happy Birthday!

Reactions: beginner2011
Jul 13, 2020
Status
Psychologist
feliz cumpleaños! How is eagle rare?

Sanman

O.G.
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2000
Dreaming of Margaritaville
www.-----.com
Status
Psychologist
I never understood the appeal of fly fishing, but to me fishing starts at the crack of 10 am, seldom involves catching fish, and often involves consuming beer on a boat.

About the Ads

ClinicalABA

7+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2011
New England
Status
Psychologist
I never understood the appeal of fly fishing, but to me fishing starts at the crack of 10 am, seldom involves catching fish, and often involves consuming beer on a boat.
You can actually catch more fish flyfishing if you do it right. I'm no snob though, and will also have my spinning gear. There will definitely be some beer consumed in the canoe, I'll typically fly fish for trout in the river between 5am-10am, the target smallmouth on the lake in the afternoon (fly and spin gear) from the canoe, and maybe hit the evening hatch on the for some more trout.

MAClinician

Masters level clinician
2+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2016
Status
Non-Student
Spent my Friday night into Saturday morning getting sucked into the rabbit hole of Jani, Bhodi and their mentally ill mom Susan Schofield after watching a Dr. Phil clip on Facebook. So glad those kids got removed! Sigh.

ClinicalABA

7+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2011
New England
Status
Psychologist
Long week- 40+ billables, all delivered while staring at a computer screen (zooming or report writing), with a few more to go ( i have to get better about saying "not now, but i have an opening in a month"). Made several moms (and one dad) cry:(. Final papers and assignments corrected and grades submitted. Bringing daughter back to college this weekend. Zoom trivia with coworkers tonight. Friend gifted me a bottle of Angel's Envy and I picked up some Weihenstephaner and Ayinger Heffeweisbier, so some libations will be had.

Mama Bear

2+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2017
Status
Post Doc
I had a nightmare it was the first day of class, but I was ill-prepared. I suppose I’ll spend my Friday working on my syllabi.

About the Ads

ClinicalABA

7+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2011
New England
Status
Psychologist
Watching - no leagues going on here that I know of. But I honestly haven't looked around much as I probably won't be doing any team sports this year to be on the safe side.
Ahhh. Yep- nothing starting up here either. Hockey supposed to start for me in a few weeks. Private school where our rink is located wants nothing to do with us being on campus (which is a probably a good idea, pandemic or not), and state rink where we got the same ice time doesn't seem to be opening anytime soon. I may have to get back into tennis- courts have reopened.

Sanman

O.G.
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2000
Dreaming of Margaritaville
www.-----.com
Status
Psychologist
I'm more than a little curious about @PsyDr 's big purchase.

Today will just be some light report writing, maybe read an article or two, and then find a way to enjoy some sun.
I am just curious what PsyDr considers a "big purchase" as far as value. I am betting on an antique something or other though.

Reactions: thebalmofhurtminds

R. Matey

A Pirate
5+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2014
Treasure Island
Status
Post Doc
Dark and stormys tonight with a zoom happy hour with a few friends from grad school. With all the time I spend on zoom, talking to people in different time zones feels weirdly normal.

WisNeuro

Board Certified Neuropsychologist
10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2009
Somewhere
Status
Psychologist
What game is that, it looks Lords of Waterdeep-esque, but I know it is not that, or at least not the version I'm used to.

About the Ads