frustrated

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GTchick

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am frustrated and I need to vent. Medical College of GA insists on a letter of evaluation from your family dentist. As far as I know mine has dropped off the face of the earth within the last 2 weeks because I have left various messages for him with different people and have not heard anything from him. I am about to stalk him at his office. It is so frustrating that I can have everything done but that I have to wait on other people to truly be finished. :p

Members don't see this ad.

He is bound to be very busy, but most likely will respond to your inquiries soon. Yeah, a personal contact at his office might help grease the skids.

Let me tell you a story. My daughter who was in a high school dental assistant vocational program approached our family dentist about shadowing the assistants in his office in order to fulfill a course requirement. The dentist (our family dentist mind you) gave her the cold shoulder and told her that the program she was in was no blankety blank good anyway. My wife was not ammused. We soon had a new family dentist. My daughter got a sterilization assistant job with the new family dentist while still in high school. The RDH at that office encouraged my daughter to persue dental hygiene as a career. My daughter then enrolled in college with plans of becomming a RDH. While in college, she broadened her horizons and is now about to successfully complete her first year of dental school. So, you never know. Just keep persuing your dreams no matter what obticals you face along the way. Good luck

Groundhog -
Thank you for your reply. I know that my dentist is busy, I guess I just get mad when I give someone 2 weeks to call me back and they don't respond at all. Luckily only one of the schools I am applying to is dependent on his letter. All of the rest of my letters are written and sent.

Members don't see this ad :)
Change dentist!
My dentist works 6 days/wk and her office officially opens from 7am to 5pm everyday, she still manages to e-mail me. Even with my craziest request like helping me getting ready for assisting with the boards (I am assisting a friend of mine, btw). She still manages to schedule all of the procedures needed for the board in one morning so I can shadow her in only one morning.
If someone neglects you, you can just say goodbye to that person, fair enough?
T

I am starting to think it is just me. I have called about 20 different dentists asking to shadow and/or speak to them about dental school and I have gotten very few responses. If anyone knows a good dentist in the Atlanta metro area that will talk to me please let me know!!!!