FSU Response?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello fellow wait-listers! I'm new to posting but I've been...er, stalking this thread for a couple of weeks now to see if there's been any news about FSU. Anyway, I talked to a friend of mine who's been accepted into FSU but is waiting to hear from UF and she told me that the deadline for them to tell FSU if they're going or not is May 1st and that UF is supposed to send out letters before then. So, we'll hopefully hear from FSU next week...unless they've decided to wait until after May 1st to start reviewing our applications.

Members don't see this ad.

moonstone said:
Hello fellow wait-listers! I'm new to posting but I've been...er, stalking this thread for a couple of weeks now to see if there's been any news about FSU. Anyway, I talked to a friend of mine who's been accepted into FSU but is waiting to hear from UF and she told me that the deadline for them to tell FSU if they're going or not is May 1st and that UF is supposed to send out letters before then. So, we'll hopefully hear from FSU next week...unless they've decided to wait until after May 1st to start reviewing our applications.

Ditto on the stalking - thanks to all for regularly posting good info and providing others with models of helplessness that i think we can all identify with...
I too believe that some UF Hold listers heard yesterday. That should mean good news for us and fsu, right?!
(And it was so theraputic to hear that others are as frustrated as I am with the lady who answers the phone at the fsu admissions office - i always feel like im talking to a wall)

Exactly, the UF letter were officially out on friday....and the dateline is Monday...so... we have now reason to believe that next week could be it!!!

As always, good luck to all!!!

Zepp :luck: :luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh and Congratulations to Turquoisey for being accepted at UF last Friday. You deserve it!

Aww that is very very sweet. I will walk in my deposit to UF Monday and remove my spot from FSU asap for you guys. GOOD LUCK. FSU was amazing!

God this is wonderful news. now comes crunch time, Just leave your emails open, and refresh every second from 8am to 5pm. Good luck everyone. I hope this thread explodes with good news this week. :luck: :luck: :luck:

I've got to share a little story: I'm teaching this year while applying, and I'm teaching a little bio, and chem. I've been recruited to help with some of the AP chem. and physics right? So one of the AP kids I'm teaching has gotten in to Miami, Harvard, northwestern, and in total about half a dozen 7yr programs. He decided on Miami. I listen to the morning announcements and felt like I got kicked in the crotch. I just wanted to take the rest of the day off.

Sorry for the digression. good luck :luck: :thumbup:

Wait-tastic said:
God this is wonderful news. now comes crunch time, Just leave your emails open, and refresh every second from 8am to 5pm. Good luck everyone. I hope this thread explodes with good news this week. :luck: :luck: :luck:

Yeah, we know you'll be doing just that ;) But seriously, I hope that this is really the week too. :luck:
Welcome to the two previous new posters btw. About time you join the wait-fest. :)
Congrats Turquoisey, echoing previous statements, you do deserve it! Have a great time at UF! :clap:

Ok, I'm editing the SDN-FSU wait list. We have 10 already, about 90 to go......we are running out of happy smileys, pretty soon we'll have to use the barf smiley.

chit5384 :wow:
frany584 :idea:
Kailey :love:
Jruoss :cool:
Moonstone :oops:
Squidward :luck:
TFA-Med :confused:
TrulyBlessed :p
Wait-tastic :smuggrin:
Zeppelin900 :sleep:

Straight-faced with no clue...close enough!
I'm pretty sure they promised a phone call, not an e-mail. Which might explain the ridiculous number of times that I've innappropriately answered my cell phone in the middle of class in front of all of my students in the past few months. Chalk one up for professionalism...
Anyone call the addmissions office this morning - any word on the committee meeting today/this week?

TFA-Med said:
Straight-faced with no clue...close enough!
I'm pretty sure they promised a phone call, not an e-mail. Which might explain the ridiculous number of times that I've innappropriately answered my cell phone in the middle of class in front of all of my students in the past few months. Chalk one up for professionalism...
Anyone call the addmissions office this morning - any word on the committee meeting today/this week?

I don't think they know how they're going to get a hold of us, but a phone call to the office Tuesday might be nice. I'll bet they're going to be real busy with all the UF students who will be dropping their acceptances to FSU. I don't think we'll hear anything until after the Tues. meeting. (if we are lucky)

TFA are you teaching too?

Wait-tastic said:
I don't think they know how they're going to get a hold of us, but a phone call to the office Tuesday might be nice. I'll bet they're going to be real busy with all the UF students who will be dropping their acceptances to FSU. I don't think we'll hear anything until after the Tues. meeting. (if we are lucky)

TFA are you teaching too?

Yes, I am teaching as well - with Teach for America. I wouldn't really call it teaching right now, though. Being in south Phoenix on the "day without immigrants" means I have about 8 kids of a usual 34 in my first period. They're watching me type this as we speak...
Where are you teaching? (i'm sure this is a wonderful read for the other 8 "holders" who could care less...sorry!)
Waiting anxiously for an 850 phone call...

Has anyone called today? If you got new stuff (although doubtful), please post it here.

Zepp :sleep:

Members don't see this ad :)
I just came home from an extended weekend of parties and graduation (trying to keep my mind off FSU and medical school and wait lists mostly...), but all everyone wanted to talk about was if I heard back from FSU yet. Kind of ironic really..anyways, hope everyone has a good week, try not to stress out too much like me.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!! :rolleyes:

Looks like my smiley is anxious but trying to keep positive...? Or maybe that's just me. Lol.

I don't think we'll actually hear anything today. FSU will probably spend today looking over who's going to UF and then meet tomorrow about us. And when I had gone in for my interview, Rhonda told us that Tuesdays tend to be packed with meetings so we might not hear back till Wednesday.

Well..I called and they told me that the admissions office was planning on sending letters out to hold applicants to notify them of where they stand but the letters have not been out yet. Don't ask me when they will be out. I also asked if the class was still full and they didn't have that info. Now, I didn't talk to the frontdesk lady....this was another person.

Hope it helps...I'm too nervous. I'm getting away from the computers for several hours to try study....I can't be close to them right now. I'm a cyber menace.

Zeppelin900 said:
Well..I called and they told me that the admissions office was planning on sending letters out to hold applicants to notify them of where they stand but the letters have not been out yet. Don't ask me when they will be out. I also asked if the class was still full and they didn't have that info. Now, I didn't talk to the frontdesk lady....this was another person.

Hope it helps...I'm too nervous. I'm getting away from the computers for several hours to try study....I can't be close to them right now. I'm a cyber menace.

Zepp - is there another number that I can use to speak to someone else at the addmissions office? I use the 7904 one, but I always get her.

TFA-Med said:
Zepp - is there another number that I can use to speak to someone else at the addmissions office? I use the 7904 one, but I always get her.

Has anyone tried calling Rhonda Collins directly? She's the Coordinator of Administrative Services. I don't know if she would have more information than the people in the admissions office, though.

I called Barbara Henderson.. I don't have the number right here but she's the person who contacted me to invite me for my interview..

Hope it helps...

What do you guys think? I'm guessing we should hear something tomorrow. I might call them wed. afternoon if we don't hear anyting. I've got to try and keep my self from calling like a mad man.

Wait-tastic said:
What do you guys think? I'm guessing we should hear something tomorrow. I might call them wed. afternoon if we don't hear anyting. I've got to try and keep my self from calling like a mad man.
I hope that someone hears SOMETHING tomorrow....I'm really starting to lose hope at this point :(
Goodluck to all and keep us posted!

Hey everyone, I'm new to the thread, although just as everyone else here, I'm also anxiously awaiting a reply from FSU. I just wanted to first say that you guys are amazing! I'm so glad that everyone is so supportive of one another and that everyone makes new info available to each other! I just wanted to let ya'll know that I called the office today, and although they still don't know when waitlisters will hear back, i asked specifically if they would be contacting us with acceptances/rejections via email, phone, or snail mail, and the lady at the front desk (the 7904 number) said that we will be sent letters in the mail.

As has been previously posted, there is sometimes so varying info coming out of the admissions office, so I'm not sure if this is definitely true, as some of ya'll had mentioned waiting for phone calls, but that's what she told me today. If anyone has any varying info, please let us know. Thanks so much guys!

Welcome dcreynol :)
I'm with you docturk, it's hard to keep hope w/o any real info. They could send a mass e-mail every few weeks or something, you know? :thumbdown:
On a better note, at least we'll know in a few weeks. I can't believe I've waited more than 6 friggin' months already. :(

One more, hehehe. Too many images...ahhh man.....sorry dcreynol

dcreynol
Zeppelin900 :sleep:

I can be scaredy, Ie- the one that looks like its head is going to explode! :scared: lol

I don't suppose anyone's heard anything yet?

I haven't heard anything yet so not sure what that means. I do need some advice if this possible scenario happens to me. I am on the alternate list at UF right now and I would really like to go there. If I get into FSU, should I automatically go there, or should I decline and hope that a spot opens up at UF even though there is a chance that it will not and then I am basically screwed.???

KatdyerA1A said:
I haven't heard anything yet so not sure what that means. I do need some advice if this possible scenario happens to me. I am on the alternate list at UF right now and I would really like to go there. If I get into FSU, should I automatically go there, or should I decline and hope that a spot opens up at UF even though there is a chance that it will not and then I am basically screwed.???

Personally, I'd go to FSU. I wouldn't take the risk of turning down an acceptance and then not getting in at UF (plus I really like FSU). But that's just me. I have heard, though, that what you can do is call UF and explain to them that you've been accepted into a school that starts early and tell them that you'd really like to go to their school and what are the chances that you'll be accepted off of the waitlist? I'm sure they'll understand. They're probably getting tons of these calls now.

I haven't heard anything yet. It was kind of disapointing when I woke up this morning the didn't get a call...ahhh who knows what's going on...

filibuster ;)
KatdyerA1A
Zeppelin900

Rel Larkin at USF told me that they would most likely get to me in June or July off the waitlist-but no guarantee...But, I was going to go to FSU because that is the for sure thing. You cant make the risk of not going at all.

KatdyerA1A said:

I'd go to FSU unless they tell you you have a very very very very high chance of acceptance at UF and getting off the waitlist.

no news here. I don't think we'll know until it's time to start classes. I'm really beginning to think they're procrastinating so people don't have time to use them as leverage at other schools, and to minimize the number of people they have to take off the waitlist. :mad:

May 15th..I don't think we'll be hearing anything before that...this wait sucks!!!

Attachments

• 9615093_m.jpg
    9615093_m.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 54
Zeppelin900 said:
May 15th..I don't think we'll be hearing anything before that...this wait sucks!!!

Zep I've got to agree. I don't think we should expect anything until the 15th.
I know a lot of undergrads are signing leases and places are filling up.

With them trying to go threw all of the applicants before the end of the month, I heard some of us might not hear if we're accepted until during the first week of school. I guess All they're doing is giving out laptops ID cards etc...

You gotta think it's going to crazy there at the end of the month.

maybe today?

No I wouldn't think so. They have meet in the past on Tuesdays. Finding out today wouldn’t make sense. I'm going with Zep on this and just going to put my self in a comma :sleep: until the 15th. Here is to self medicating. ;) :laugh:

Are they releasing our rankings on the hold list yet??

Wait-tastic said:
no news here. I don't think we'll know until it's time to start classes. I'm really beginning to think they're procrastinating so people don't have time to use them as leverage at other schools, and to minimize the number of people they have to take off the waitlist. :mad:

FSU is definitely the school for me then. Procrastinators must stick together, you know. :laugh: Even if the wait is going to kill me. :(

A bit OT, but Zeppelin, is that Nemo sliced up on top of the sushi? Or am I just trying too hard to see something there?

Docturk said:
Are they releasing our rankings on the hold list yet??

I don't think they rank their wait-list.

Yes, it is Nemo. He has been found...

moonstone said:
FSU is definitely the school for me then. Procrastinators must stick together, you know. :laugh: Even if the wait is going to kill me. :(

A bit OT, but Zeppelin, is that Nemo sliced up on top of the sushi? Or am I just trying too hard to see something there?

I don't think they rank their wait-list.
So......how do they choose who to accept from the wait-list?

docturk said:
So......how do they choose who to accept from the wait-list?

What I was told was that when it came time for the adcom to pick people off the wait-list, they would sit down and go over every application again and pick out the ones they want. Well, I'm pretty sure that's what they said, anyway. It's been awhile. I guess I should call and ask again.

Zeppelin900 said:
Yes, it is Nemo. He has been found...

That's...a sad ending. And yet I find it kind of funny.

Is there anyone here on the waitlist for UF and still on hold with FSU? If so, what is your plan if you do get accepted to FSU?

Hey Guys.
FSU called me today to see what I was going to do about a double acceptance. They said they are trying to get everyone figured out so they can send out some more acceptances befcre their start date. They are definitely getting things rolling because I only got the other letter four days ago.

Thanks a lot. Good to know that something is going to happen. Have you already decided which school you're going to?

I am going to go to UF because I have a house here. They prob called everyone already that got in off the hold list (like I did) and found out what they wanted to do. You guys should be getting letters soon.

Turquoisey said:
I am going to go to UF because I have a house here. They prob called everyone already that got in off the hold list (like I did) and found out what they wanted to do. You guys should be getting letters soon.

Hey Turquoisey, when FSU called did they ask you at that time for your decision to/to not to attend FSU, or did they say that you have to tell them by a certain date? Thanks for the update, and congrats on your acceptance to UF! :oops:

dcreynol said:
Hey Turquoisey, when FSU called did they ask you at that time for your decision to/to not to attend FSU, or did they say that you have to tell them by a certain date? Thanks for the update, and congrats on your acceptance to UF! :oops:

She made me tell her right away

Turquoisey said:

That's really good news. Thanks! And congrats on getting into UF. :)

from the depths of page three...

... bump.

just stay calm and wait until the 15th... two weeks is plenty of time.
1. celebrate
2. recuperate
3. explain to the boss why you were not at work for two days
4. quit work
5. celebrate some more
6. brush your teeth and take a shower... stay focused
7. celebrate!

days 8-14: find an apartment pack up move and get settled in.

Let me know if I missed anything in my premedical school planning?! :luck: