FSU Response?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think the worst part is that it is soooo late now to be rejected. I mean we've waited and waited and waited some more, then to find a rejection is quite disappointing. I wish you luck with the next application cycle LemonHead and for the rest of us, I guess we will know our status soon enough :luck: :luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks. I hope you guys get your acceptances soon. I know FSU is a great school that's only gonna become better.

It really hurts though......will get a frappuccino...750 calories and all!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck everyone, I hope we have good news to share soon! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Lemonhead said:
Thanks. I hope you guys get your acceptances soon. I know FSU is a great school that's only gonna become better.

It really hurts though......will get a frappuccino...750 calories and all!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry to hear that Lemon...But I'm curious, if you haven't received a letter yet, how do you know the letter is in the mail???? If you call them, can you tell us who talked to you??

Hang in there...Submit your application early and do something to strengthen your app a little bit and you will have a better chance next year. A year is not so bad in the great scheme of things...

Best of luck to you!

Lemonhead said:
Rejected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My letter is in the mail as we speak.
Even though I knew this was coming, it hurts like hell. There's nothing like the shock that hits, and that pain and hurt that follows. Gotta start my AMCAS.

But I have to toughen up now b/c I'm at work.

I wish all of you the best of luck. FSU is a great school.

I'm really sorry to hear that, Lemonhead. How did you find out, if you don't mind me asking?

Good luck in the next application cycle!

I just called and spoke with the office of admissions. She looked up my file and told me that I was still on hold. I assume that they would have told me if I was rejected??????

Do you know who you spoke with docturk???

Also, I'm not sure if they would tell us over the phone if we were rejected cuz I know if they did I would be so ticked off I might go ballistic while on the phone! I think that is why most schools send letters of rejection and call for an acceptance lol

frany584 said:
Do you know who you spoke with docturk???
The lady with the accent, I can't recall her name....It's the usual lady who answers the phone. She put me on hold for a couple of minutes and came back on the line and told me that my file was still on hold. I'm not sure if she actually pulled my file or if she was just pretending to look.

Let's hope she looked it up. It's funny that we're questioning whether or not these ppl are telling us the truth lol

i called today and the lady said that they were sending letters for acceptances and rejections. she also said a letter is being mailed out to me soon, but said she didn't know if it was a rejection or not. not sure what to think of it, but doesn't sound so promising.

chit5384 said:
i called today and the lady said that they were sending letters for acceptances and rejections. she also said a letter is being mailed out to me soon, but said she didn't know if it was a rejection or not. not sure what to think of it, but doesn't sound so promising.

Same thing with me - this can't be good, I don't think.

So no matter what we should expect something in the mail soon...let's all hope its not a rejection. I guess then we shouldn't expect a call anytime soon....if anyone hears anything post on here. I'm so glad there is this thread because I know that I am not the only one going through this agony :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
frany584 said:
So no matter what we should expect something in the mail soon...let's all hope its not a rejection. I guess then we shouldn't expect a call anytime soon....if anyone hears anything post on here. I'm so glad there is this thread because I know that I am not the only one going through this agony :confused:

I'd think those with acceptances will get a call as well as the letter.

Does anyone know the ranking of FSU COM? I know its a relatively new school, but I was just wondering how it ranked with the other 120 or so allopathic med schools. Anyone know? Or can anyone direct me to where I may be able to find this info?

Keeping my fingers crossed for all the wailisters! Best of luck to you all...

Syringe3131 said:
Does anyone know the ranking of FSU COM? I know its a relatively new school, but I was just wondering how it ranked with the other 120 or so allopathic med schools. Anyone know? Or can anyone direct me to where I may be able to find this info?

Keeping my fingers crossed for all the wailisters! Best of luck to you all...

See if you can find match stats. Other than that I can't possibly see how a rank would have any meaning. I could be wrong as I often am.

Are you accepted there?

Any letters anyone?

Zeppelin900 said:
Any letters anyone?

Hey Zeppy Zepp, sorry I have been MIA for a little while. Your message was right on point. I have been super busy since graduation. And funny enough, you were right about the boyfriend thing too. I do have a new boyfriend. Then I went on a cruise after graduation. So basically I have been doing any and everything to get my mind off of these waiting lists I am on.

I read the last page of this thread and I am a little anxious--they are sending out letters? I am leaving to go home for a couple of weeks. I am leaving tomorrow morning. So I guess I will leave my boyfriend with my mailbox key and make him check my mail everyday for me. There's no way that I want my letter to just be sitting in my mailbox, whatever the outcome may be.

As always, Good luck to everyone!!! :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

I checked the mail today, and since it's Friday mail never seems to make it before five, but I check at 3:30 anyway. I got an acceptance off a WL OOS, but nothing from FSU. I'll probably withdraw from the infinite hold list next week. I'm going to have to change my S/N :D

Good luck :luck: :luck: :luck:

Wait-tastic said:
I checked the mail today, and since it's Friday mail never seems to make it before five, but I check at 3:30 anyway. I got an acceptance off a WL OOS, but nothing from FSU. I'll probably withdraw from the infinite hold list next week. I'm going to have to change my S/N :D

Good luck :luck: :luck: :luck:

WOW!! Congrats on the acceptance. :clap: :clap: I myself have been weighing my options for next year, and my OOS acceptance is looking better and better each day. FSU is not showing much movement, and my other acceptance is for another early start program.....I guess I might have to withdraw from the stagnant waitlist also :(

Zeppelin900 said:
I'm so sorry to hear that Lemon...But I'm curious, if you haven't received a letter yet, how do you know the letter is in the mail???? If you call them, can you tell us who talked to you??

Hang in there...Submit your application early and do something to strengthen your app a little bit and you will have a better chance next year. A year is not so bad in the great scheme of things...

Best of luck to you!

I don't think Lemon was being honest......maybe he is just the type that likes to P**S on other people's parades. I'm sure that they wouldn't release a rejection over the phone.....Goodluck Zepp and be SURE to let us know when you get the call :)

well, i dont know if he interviewed. if not, it would make sense that they sent out rejection letters to those who didn't interview.

Congratulations to Docturk and Wait-tastic!!! Are you guys withdrawing from FSU because you prefer your current acceptances or because of another reason?
No one has posted anything about getting letters..I wonder if anyone will receive anything today...

Good luck to you guys..you will be in med school next year!!! and good luck to the rest of us still in the interminable wait...

Zepp

Zeppelin900 said:
Congratulations to Docturk and Wait-tastic!!! Are you guys withdrawing from FSU because you prefer your current acceptances or because of another reason?
No one has posted anything about getting letters..I wonder if anyone will receive anything today...

Good luck to you guys..you will be in med school next year!!! and good luck to the rest of us still in the interminable wait...

Zepp

Fustration with FSU, and I really liked Arkansas. I sometimes think FSU has not been fare with us (as you may have noticed with some of my posts) it's not that much more money, and I'll be in one place for four years. I was really comfortable in Little Rock.

I'm sorry to hear that TFA-Med :( I'm thinking we all will hear something soon from them....whether it will be positive or negative I will be sure to post my outcome as well.

frany584 said:
I haven't heard a peep from FSU, nor have I received a letter......how long are we going to have to wait??? I know the class is not still full, so what in the world are they waiting on?

docturk said:
I haven't heard a peep from FSU, nor have I received a letter......how long are we going to have to wait??? I know the class is not still full, so what in the world are they waiting on?

How do you know this?...

chit5384 said:
anyone try calling today?

Yep, Same old reply: You're application status has not changed (on hold) and the old 'The committee will be meeting tomorrow'

F

Filibuster said:
Yep, Same old reply: You're application status has not changed (on hold) and the old 'The committee will be meeting tomorrow'

F

But I thought letters were sent out already? And TFA-Med already got a letter in the mail (and I'm very sorry about the rejection, TFA-Med). Does this mean that only a few people are being notified? Or that only rejection letters are being sent out? So is it a good thing if we're not hearing from them yet? :confused: :scared: :(

Good luck to everyone! :luck:

moonstone said:
But I thought letters were sent out already? And TFA-Med already got a letter in the mail (and I'm very sorry about the rejection, TFA-Med). Does this mean that only a few people are being notified? Or that only rejection letters are being sent out? So is it a good thing if we're not hearing from them yet? :confused: :scared: :(

Good luck to everyone! :luck:

To me, and this is only my opinion, only rejection letters have been sent out. Otherwise, given the number of people who routinely visit this thread, somebody would have jumped out by now and said... "yippie, I'm accepted!!!!". But we've yet to see that.

Filibuster said:
To me, and this is only my opinion, only rejection letters have been sent out. Otherwise, given the number of people who routinely visit this thread, somebody would have jumped out by now and said... "yippie, I'm accepted!!!!". But we've yet to see that.

Who even knows anymore??? :confused:

I've been following this thread and I agree only rejection letters are being sent out. Got mine today. Post date was May 12.

Zeppelin900 said:
How do you know this?...
I have two friends who dropped their acceptances last week. I'm pretty sure that many other accepted students have dropped by now too being that May 15th has arrived. I hope they are just waiting until tomorrow to form their final decisions and the "lucky students" will be notified later this week.....
Anyhow, goodluck to all of you!!

Classes start in 2 weeks....FSU needs to get crackin'!! :p

Guys please, If you get accepted post here so we know at least some ppl are getting in...Light up this forum with some good news...

Hey guys
I called admissions office earlier today and they said that they have sent out both rejection and acceptance letters. They also said that they have started making calls for the acceptances.

Zeppelin900 said:
Guys please, If you get accepted post here so we know at least some ppl are getting in...Light up this forum with some good news...

I second that Zepp :thumbup:

those of you who have gotten letters, where do you guys live? just wondering if theyre sending them out in batches or if mail is slow?

I just got my mail for today, nothing. Those who have been rejected, I'm sorry. :( lsTJB and TFA-Med, did you guys get rejected post-interview? Do you live in Tally? My mail is typically slower anyhow, but still.. Hmm.. no call= no acceptance? :( It's May 15 already, sigh.. :luck:

I've also got bad news to report, I got my rejection letter today too.

To answer a few of ya'lls questions: I did interview with FSU in Jan and I am a Florida resident (Ie- had my letter sent to my florida address, which is ~ 4 hours away from Tallahassee)

Good luck to everyone that is still in the running - stay positive and optimistic, I wish all of you the very best of luck. I hope you all have great news to report soon.

dcreynol said:
I've also got bad news to report, I got my rejection letter today too.

To answer a few of ya'lls questions: I did interview with FSU in Jan and I am a Florida resident (Ie- had my letter sent to my florida address, which is ~ 4 hours away from Tallahassee)

Good luck to everyone that is still in the running - stay positive and optimistic, I wish all of you the very best of luck. I hope you all have great news to report soon.

I'm sorry to hear that...it just sucks that they strung you all out so long. They could of handled this situation much much better. Good luck in the future.

I had an interview in September and I live in Gainesville, FL.

I'll be releasing my spot at FSU within a few days so best of luck to all you waitlisters! It seemed to be a wonderful school and I would have been perfectly happy to attend. Good luck once again.

Nice to to know two weeks till classes. Ahh, FSU... :D

Good luck everyone :luck: :luck: :luck:

I haven't received a letter YET...but when I have called the past two times I spoke to Jaime Calloway and the lady at the front desk, which both said there has not been a decision made on my application...ummm....how could they have NOT made a decision on my application....classes start in two weeks!!!! :mad: just reject me already or accept me..sheesh!!!