FSU Response?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wait-tastic said:
from the depths of page three...

... bump.

just stay calm and wait until the 15th... two weeks is plenty of time.
1. celebrate
2. recuperate
3. explain to the boss why you were not at work for two days
4. quit work
5. celebrate some more
6. brush your teeth and take a shower... stay focused
7. celebrate!

days 8-14: find an apartment pack up move and get settled in.

Let me know if I missed anything in my premedical school planning?! :luck:

You forgot getting into medschool and breaking up with your girlfriend/boyfriend...

Maybe something will happen next week???? lol

Members don't see this ad.

Zeppelin900 said:
You forgot getting into medschool and breaking up with your girlfriend/boyfriend...

Maybe something will happen next week???? lol

Ahhh... these are the steps after getting into medical school, but the point about breaking up with the girlfriend is well taken. Anyway good luck to everyone this week. :luck: :luck: :luck:

Turquoisey said:
Rel Larkin at USF told me that they would most likely get to me in June or July off the waitlist-but no guarantee...But, I was going to go to FSU because that is the for sure thing. You cant make the risk of not going at all.

Turquoisey,

Where are you on USF's waitlist? It sounds like you are in the first tier. I myself am waaaaaay down on the bottom of the second tier. Not much of a chance this year. Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
moonstone said:
What I was told was that when it came time for the adcom to pick people off the wait-list, they would sit down and go over every application again and pick out the ones they want. Well, I'm pretty sure that's what they said, anyway. It's been awhile. I guess I should call and ask again.

That's...a sad ending. And yet I find it kind of funny.
my evolution teacher put that pic of Nemo up when we were talking about how clown fish change sex....funny stuff. Good luck to everyone waiting. I relinquished my seat a few weeks ago, I'm sure others did as well....I think they are just going to make mass phone calls after the 15th...that's just my opinion though.

McMD said:
my evolution teacher put that pic of Nemo up when we were talking about how clown fish change sex....funny stuff. Good luck to everyone waiting. I relinquished my seat a few weeks ago, I'm sure others did as well....I think they are just going to make mass phone calls after the 15th...that's just my opinion though.

Thanks McMD, we appretiate the info.

Regretfully, Dory has also been found...For more freakish news..
http://www.freakingnews.com/potd.asp

Attachments

• Squirrel soldier3.bmp
    94.1 KB · Views: 45
  • tom hanks' Castaway2.bmp
    98.8 KB · Views: 48
:confused: Hey there, like everyone here I am also waiting to hear from FSU. I want to share a funny story. A friend of mine was also placed on the waitlist and she later withdrew. Well guess what, last Friday she received a call from FSU accepting her to the Bridge program. She was confused and so was the lady on the phone. Apparently they were not aware that she had withdrawn her application. I’m wondering if they know that I am still in the waiting list???? :confused:

rosepetals said:
:confused: Hey there, like everyone here I am also waiting to hear from FSU. I want to share a funny story. A friend of mine was also placed on the waitlist and she later withdrew. Well guess what, last Friday she received a call from FSU accepting her to the Bridge program. She was confused and so was the lady on the phone. Apparently they were not aware that she had withdrawn her application. I’m wondering if they know that I am still in the waiting list???? :confused:

That's too funny. :luck:

Welcome to the green room of agony rose...

chit5384 :wow:
filibuster ;)
frany584 :idea:
Kailey :love:
KatdyerA1A
Jruoss :cool:
Moonstone :oops:
rosepetals
Squidward :luck:
TFA-Med :confused:
TrulyBlessed :p
Wait-tastic :smuggrin:
Zeppelin900

Zeppelin,

I think the forum's list of Waitlisters is more reliable than FSU's. :laugh: :laugh:

rosepetals said:

Hello, I'm an FSU representative and I have been following the discussion in this forum for quite a while now. I have witnessed criticisms by many posters but I would like to tell you that we are working as hard as we can to get the waiting list moving in the upcoming few days. I have just opened this account with SDN and I will be online for about an hour. If any of you has any questions, please post them and I'll do my best to answer promtly.

Thank you.

Poor Dory! She was one of my favorites. That squirrel soldier is absolutely adorable, though.

Thanks for coming in, AdComFSU.

1. Will the wait-list be ranked?
2. How will those of us on the wait-list hear from you (phone, email, postal mail)?
3. And just to confirm, but in your post, it sounds like the committee will not be waiting until May 15th to begin going through the applicants on hold. Is that true?
4. I'm not sure if you can tell us this, but some of us have been wondering about the number of people on the wait-list and the approximate number of applicants the committee will accept off of it this year.

When will Hold applicants be notified, and how (via email, mail, phone call)? We all are getting pretty anxious considering orientation starts in four weeks. :eek:

Noo. Well, it's true..I'm just another regular Joe on the FSU waiting list...Sorry for the dissapointment.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I'll be happy to start. I'm delighted to hear that we'll be hearing from FSU soon. How should people expect to be contacted?

AdComFSU said:
No guys.. I was kidding...I'm sorry if you got excited. I'm just another regular Joe on the FSU waiting list...

that's a good one.

I was shocked that anyone from the adcomm would post, but I have come to a point where I'll believe just about anything when it comes to FSU. Man, wait... OK... back to knowing nothing. :D

frany584 said:
When will Hold applicants be notified, and how (via email, mail, phone call)? We all are getting pretty anxious considering orientation starts in four weeks. :eek:
Well I guess I'll respond to this question. We were discussing the same thing a few days back and we decided that the most time efficient means of communiactions between us and our applicants would be seaguls. We think these birds are very resistant to fatigue, reliable and can cover a lot of ground in a short time, so they would also be useful for notifying applicants currently living out of state...
I hope this was of some help.

AdComFSU said:
No guys.. I was kidding...I'm sorry if you got excited. I'm just another regular Joe on the FSU waiting list...

Haha. Okay. I couldn't decide if you were really from the AdCom or not so I'm not too surprised.

moonstone said:
Haha. Okay. I couldn't decide if you were really from the AdCom or not so I'm not too surprised.

I don't know where you obtained that quote from but I can tell you that I work at FSU and my name is Idonno Nathin (say that fast 5 times) and it is my task to know everything about the admission process at FSU

What do you know! we got two in the same day!

AdComFSU
chit5384 :wow:
dcreynol
filibuster ;)
frany584 :idea:
Kailey :love:
KatdyerA1A
Jruoss :cool:
Moonstone :oops:
rosepetals
Squidward :luck:
TFA-Med :confused:
TrulyBlessed :p
Wait-tastic :smuggrin:
Zeppelin900

edit: dcreynol, you have been added.

dcreynol said:
That was soo not funny AdcomFSU!! :mad:

It did pump some life into the thread, and for a sec, I thought crap... I have been to honest in my criticisms of FSU.

Does it bother anyone else that you only are certain of being in the capitol for two years and then it's chance (unless you're any of the things I'm not i.e. married kids...) I don't like moving and am a little bit of a control freak. I don't like leaving where I'm going to go up to random drawings. I know... we can trade spots right. If I have to move I would like to move to Orlando if I couldn’t stay in Tallahassee. I just think it would suck if I had to move to Pensacola.
:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Have you ever been to pensacola?

kailey said:
Have you ever been to pensacola?

Yeah, but I'm biased toward central FL. The biggest thing is I hate moving.
So... Hopefully the committee will start pulling from the WL soon.

Justin:

The Admissions Committee is still meeting and will hopefully have final decisions made within a several days.

Thanks,

Jamie Calloway

This is the response I got from FSU on an email. Maybe this means that they are just waiting for May 15th LoL. Anyways, hope everyone has a good day!

Jruoss said:
Justin:

The Admissions Committee is still meeting and will hopefully have final decisions made within a several days.

Thanks,

Jamie Calloway

This is the response I got from FSU on an email. Maybe this means that they are just waiting for May 15th LoL. Anyways, hope everyone has a good day!

That's pretty much the same response I got. Plus an added: You will be contacted by phone and mail if you are accepted and by mail if you are not accepted.

I guess I won't be checking my mail unless I get a phone call! hehe Also, Wait-tastic you live in central florida!?!? I do too! :D I think it would be great to do my third and fourth years in Orlando AND I heard they might have a facility in Daytona Beach, which would be great as well. So, let's all hope this is the week and keep our fingers crossed for that phone call!! :luck: :luck: :luck:

One more thing, I just graduated and got my spring semester grades. Would it be a good idea to send FSU my grades or call them up and ask about sending them? just wondering...

frany584 said:
One more thing, I just graduated and got my spring semester grades. Would it be a good idea to send FSU my grades or call them up and ask about sending them? just wondering...

send `em. and I do live in central central FL.

As soon as anyone get any calls or letters...post it here before you call your mother!

J/k, call your family and then run to the computer and post it. If this is not the week then next week????

Zeppelin900 said:
As soon as anyone get any calls or letters...post it here before you call your mother!

J/k, call your family and then run to the computer and post it. If this is not the week then next week????

That goes for all you lurkers too... You know who you are :)

I'm for multitasking: Type, and talk :D good luck everyone. :luck: :luck:

Whhat's up ya'll? I've been trying to keep off the boards. I'm at this soothing point now, but I just wanted to check in :) So, we're expecting a call now? Eee, suddenly I feel really anxious. :oops: :luck: :luck:

Squidward said:
Whhat's up ya'll? I've been trying to keep off the boards. I'm at this soothing point now, but I just wanted to check in :) So, we're expecting a call now? Eee, suddenly I feel really anxious. :oops: :luck: :luck:

Everything seems pretty quiet though. Did anyone get a ph call?

Wait-tastic said:
Everything seems pretty quiet though. Did anyone get a ph call?

I really don't think it is gonna happen this week. I still think they are waiting for next week unfortunately, but hopefully let this be a time when I am wrong!!! :laugh:

Nothing here....I'm tryin to call them to see whats going on but nothing. I'm gonna wait til later cuz its around lunch time now. Also, I emailed Rhonda Collins, and I'll see what she says too.

frany584 said:
Nothing here....I'm tryin to call them to see whats going on but nothing. I'm gonna wait til later cuz its around lunch time now. Also, I emailed Rhonda Collins, and I'll see what she says too.

I called earlier and the woman I spoke with said that they were mailing out rejection notices today to SOME of the hold applicants. Which both Zepp and I agree, doesn't seem to make any sense.

Frany, see what you can dig up. Why decrease the size of the hold list at this point?

I spoke with Jaime Calloway, she told me my status was 'the admissions committee hadnt made a decision yet'..which i interpret was 'yeah, i dont want to tell you over the phone but ur rejected' (i hope im wrong though). Also, those accepted will be called, but she can't give me a date because the committee is still meeting. And those rejected will just receive a letter in the mail.

why would they be decreasing the list twenty days before the start of the class? that just seems like extra work.

I haven't seen Trullyblessed or Docturk for a while. Come out, come out wherever you are.....

It appears we will have to wait yet another week. Not cool...

They're mailing out rejections already? Crap. Now I don't want to check my mail for the rest of the week.

Maybe they've been going through the applicants and there are some (hopefully none of us) that they've decided they definitely don't want and thought it'd be nicer to let them know now rather than dragging it out?

Next week it is then. Two weeks to go through my list of things to do if I get accepted or two weeks until I've got to start another AMCAS. Come on FSU.

Good luck everyone. :luck: :luck: :luck:

Hey ya'll, I spoke with a lady in admissions earlier today, and she said that to the best of her knowledge, no rejection letters have yet been sent out. Also, she told me that the committee has been meeting regularly to make decisions and that they will meet again next Tuesday - so as others have mentioned, we probably won't hear anything this week, but that is just my guess.

Good luck everybody, I hope we hear something soon. :)

well it seems theyre giving us mixed stories...oh well. itll all be over soon enough!!! :luck:

frany584 said:
well it seems theyre giving us mixed stories...oh well. itll all be over soon enough!!! :luck:

This thread makes me want to refill my script for Zokrom.

frany584 said:

Yeah, I'm not sure why we are hearing varying things from the admissions office. At least we know that things should get moving soon. In the mean time, I've got my fingers crossed.

dcreynol said:
Yeah, I'm not sure why we are hearing varying things from the admissions office. At least we know that things should get moving soon. In the mean time, I've got my fingers crossed.

It may work. Dont lose heart. Because of the May 15 multi-acceptance deadline many are called off the wait lists at other schools which causes openings at most schools. It has been my observation that several openings seem to occur at FSU in the last half of May. Of course that makes for a short notice acceptance, but is is an acceptance.

Rejected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My letter is in the mail as we speak.
Even though I knew this was coming, it hurts like hell. There's nothing like the shock that hits, and that pain and hurt that follows. Gotta start my AMCAS.

But I have to toughen up now b/c I'm at work.

I wish all of you the best of luck. FSU is a great school.

Lemonhead said:
Rejected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My letter is in the mail as we speak.
Even though I knew this was coming, it hurts like hell. There's nothing like the shock that hits, and that pain and hurt that follows. Gotta start my AMCAS.

But I have to toughen up now b/c I'm at work.

I wish all of you the best of luck. FSU is a great school.

Sorry to hear that :( , did they let you know over the phone. Wish you the best of luck.