funniest "wtf" practice exam image.

Discussion in 'Step I' started by doctorFred, Jun 20, 2008.

1. doctorFred

doctorFred intensive carer
    Physician Faculty

Attending Physician
    from a step 1 practice question (i'll leave the source and context anonymous).

tell me that doesn't look like a still shot from alien vs. predator.

Attached Files:

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. GynGuy1983

GynGuy1983 C&A Psychiatry Fellow

Fellow [Any Field]
    I remember that question about the, well, I won't say :p I was just as shocked as you were when I first saw the image as well. You can figure out the question just by the vignette, otherwise, I think it would have been impossible (I suck at anatomy).

4. samnite

samnite Certified Poster

Resident [Any Field]
    Here's one:

[​IMG]

5. tfom08

Haha, what a great distractor...I hope that was a joke. On another note, what is the answer to that one?

6. samnite

samnite Certified Poster

Resident [Any Field]

The answer is Thyroid carcinoma because of the viscerosomatic changes at
    T1-T4. It's from a COMLEX question Qbank from a very popular test prep company.

7. ZonaRidicularis

z

#6 ZonaRidicularis, Jun 21, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  8. ljh55

ljh55 New Member

Medical Student
    hey that ovarian one reminded me of a question I've been trying to figure out, How do men get testicular choriocarcinoma's? I thought choriocarcinoma was a strict placental derived tumor?

9. rox

rox ossified

Medical Student
    There are actually non-gestational choriocarcinomas, which include testicular and ovarian variants. They are considered as germ-cell tumors.

Germ cells that are prsent in ovaries and testes are the very primitive cells which can differentiate into any tissue. Other known variants of ovarian and testicular Germ-cell tumors include: Yolk-sac, Teratoma and Dysgerminoma/Seminoma. Hope this helps.

10. LUBDUBB

LUBDUBB Freakaholic

Looks like it could be some fat herniation into the maxillay sinus....can't tell if the orbital floor is fractured or not (i'm not a radiologist, only a med student)

11. R_C_Hutchinson

R_C_Hutchinson Senior Member

I had this question and got a chuckle:

A patent presents in respiratory distress after having received a "bad dose" of illicit drugs. He has a history of amphetamine, heroin, crack, marijuana and alcohol abuse. He admits to multiple sexual partners including unprotected anal receptive sex. He acknowledges being sick in the past but has used herbal remedies as treatment because he distrusts doctors. He is a lawyer.

Assuming his problem is indeed related to contaminated drugs, which of the following findings is most likely?​

I typed it out from memory, but you get the jist. Sadly, fulminant litigiousitis was not amongst the answer choices.