Funny observation...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JayQuah

Connect Four Champion
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so just got a MD/PhD rejection from UCSD.
No no, its ok, I'm cool with it.
Anyway, the thing I noticed is, that every time schools have bad news to tell me, either a waitlist or a rejection, it comes at about 4:55 of whatever time zone their in.
I suppose they probably have said bad news at the beginning of the day, but to avoid the onslaught of calls and reply emails, they hit "send all" on their email and get the hell out the door...
anyone else see this??

Members don't see this ad.

JayQuah said:
Anyway, the thing I noticed is, that every time schools have bad news to tell me, either a waitlist or a rejection, it comes at about 4:55 of whatever time zone their in.
I suppose they probably have said bad news at the beginning of the day, but to avoid the onslaught of calls and reply emails, they hit "send all" on their email and get the hell out the door...
anyone else see this??

I got put on pre-interview hold for the MD program about 5 pm (also at UCSD).

JayQuah said:
anyone else see this??

but if you just got it, it's only 2:30 here?? :confused:

edit: and sorry about the rejection... :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
LT2 said:
but if you just got it, it's only 2:30 here?? :confused:

edit: and sorry about the rejection... :thumbdown:

yeah sorry, by just got it i mean this week. :)
Good catch though. you're SHARP.

JayQuah said:
yeah sorry, by just got it i mean this week. :)
Good catch though. you're SHARP.

makes more sense now! i guess if i were them, i'd send bad news out at the end of the day too!

I obsessively check my e-mail at work all day, but it seems like most of the e-mails from schools come from the time I leave work (usually 4:30ish) to the time I get home. I figured it was one of those "it only rains when you forget your umbrella/wash your car" deals (ie I don't get an email until I step away from the computer for a while).