Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When you take your Psych coursework, you'll be able to identify the behavioral abnormality this guy had!
One of my "favorite" stories is from one of my former co-workers. A bit of background first: 0 clinical experience, 0 volunteering, 0 research, 0 shadowing, hasn't taken the MCAT yet, and has a 3.4 GPA (not a bad GPA, but clearly has nothing to supplement it with). Oh, also, he is the most arrogant person I have ever met, constantly talks down to you using big words like he has a thesaurus to his face, and SUCKS to work with in every way you can imagine.
Him: So, did you get into any medical schools yet?
Me: Yes! I've been accepted to three, I am very fortunate.
Him: Oh, that's cool. I'm going to apply next year.
Me: Nice! Have you been doing any shadowing or getting clinical experience?
Him: No, I don't really need that. I'm a very passionate person and I KNOW that will come through during interviews (automatically assuming he will get them). I think I am going to go to either Harvard or Johns Hopkins and then become a trauma surgeon.
Me: Whoah! Going big, huh? (obviously I know he is full of it at this point) Did you crush the MCAT or what?
Him: Nah, I haven't taken it yet. But, as you know (I wasn't even aware I knew!), I am one of the smartest people around - especially with all of the idiots that work here (we definitely do not work with idiots). I don't need to study for verbal because I read a lot, and I am very scientifically inclined.
Me: Well sounds like you have it in the bag!
Him: (huge grin) Yeah, it's too bad you couldn't get into the top schools, but I think you'll still become an adequate doctor.
Me: (laughing) Good luck, you're going to need it - I left the room immediately after I said this, and, as I looked back, he had a very confused look on his face, like he was trying to crack a safe lol.
He quit shortly after we had this conversation, so I cannot be totally sure of the outcome of his application cycle, but I think it is safe to say that he is not going to Harvard hahaha![]()

