Future WW Games

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I can't WAIT for the Harry Potter one. I am the world's biggest Harry Potter nerd. So excited! :)

You and me both. I'm telling you, my love of Harry Potter may border on insanity. I (threw myself) an amazing birthday party with walls papered with castley-stone paper, different sections of my house were various classrooms, a tape of moaning Myrtle was in the bathroom, the kitchen was the Herbology lab complete with tree-papered walls, I send out Welcome to Hogwarts letters to all my guests, made butterbeer, and all of my guests took a house quiz and dressed up in robes/uniforms from their house....oh and my dad dressed up as Dumbledore. It was amazing.

Of course I own the audio books, actual books, and digital ebooks. They're my favorite thing to read/listen to when I've got nothing else on my reading plate.

Someone PLEASE save me a spot in this one!!

Members don't see this ad.

Of course I own the audio books, actual books, and digital ebooks. They're my favorite thing to read/listen to when I've got nothing else on my reading plate.

Someone PLEASE save me a spot in this one!!

Hahah this is so me. I fall asleep every night listening to Harry potter aka Jim dale lulling me to sleep.

For my birthday two years ago, my boyfriend made me a "trunk" complete with hogwarts seal and everything to store my hardcover collection. Haha true love right there.

I cannot WAIT for the hp WW!!!!!

I hope it won't be while I'm in Germany, because I really don't want to play while there. My days will be filled with shadowing a mixed animal vet (finally!), going trail riding on an awesome horse, visiting family and friends, and shopping. I am so ready for this after the madness of the last two weeks. :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hahah this is so me. I fall asleep every night listening to Harry potter aka Jim dale lulling me to sleep.

For my birthday two years ago, my boyfriend made me a "trunk" complete with hogwarts seal and everything to store my hardcover collection. Haha true love right there.

I cannot WAIT for the hp WW!!!!!

Yup. When I'm cleaning house, working out, cooking dinner, etc., I am listening to HP. I randomly pick a point, start listening, and then finish the series. Give it a week or so, sometimes start again from the beginning, sometimes just a random book to start the cycle again.

I am COMPLETELY jealous of your trunk. You wouldn't happen to want to post a picture, huh?

P.S. Are you on Pottermore?

Since DVMD can't, I'll look into maybe whipping up a Golden Compass game - I love those books! It'd be mid-later in the summer so I can get more games under my belt playing-wise, but I'd love to if that's okay with everyone.

Most of the other series/authors I like are old, so I don't think there's anything there. :laugh: (Tamora Pierce, Brian Jacques, Anne McCaffrey kind of books).

A Monk-based WW game would definitely be interesting to write too. :laugh:

Yup. When I'm cleaning house, working out, cooking dinner, etc., I am listening to HP. I randomly pick a point, start listening, and then finish the series. Give it a week or so, sometimes start again from the beginning, sometimes just a random book to start the cycle again.

I am COMPLETELY jealous of your trunk. You wouldn't happen to want to post a picture, huh?

P.S. Are you on Pottermore?

I'm on Pottermore!!! Add me: ShieldNox30805

Since DVMD can't, I'll look into maybe whipping up a Golden Compass game - I love those books! It'd be mid-later in the summer so I can get more games under my belt playing-wise, but I'd love to if that's okay with everyone.

Most of the other series/authors I like are old, so I don't think there's anything there. :laugh: (Tamora Pierce, Brian Jacques, Anne McCaffrey kind of books).

Redwall!!! I only personally own a few books, although I feel I've read a good number of them which in high school/junior high. Maybe that will be my summer project.

I'm on Pottermore!!! Add me: ShieldNox30805

YES! I literally just joined a few weeks ago (I tried to resist because I knew I would be completely addicted)

CrimsonNight19099

what's yours?!

I'll go take a pic right now!

I'd play a Tamora Pierce or Pern-based WW game! Pretty sure IPB would, too.

As far as my ideas go... would any of you play a Doctor Who or generic fantasy WW? No idea when I could mod them, though... need to figure out which rotation(s) would work best for that.

Redwall!!! I only personally own a few books, although I feel I've read a good number of them which in high school/junior high. Maybe that will be my summer project.

If there's enough people that know what that is, I'd totally mod a game based on Redwall. :laugh: I own all the books and have read all of them, so.

I'd play a Tamora Pierce or Pern-based WW game! Pretty sure IPB would, too.

As far as my ideas go... would any of you play a Doctor Who or generic fantasy WW? No idea when I could mod them, though... need to figure out which rotation(s) would work best for that.

Eeeek! I had no idea anyone else knew who those were. :laugh: So many options! I'll probably experiment and maybe see what games people are willing to co-mod, what seems easiest to write, etc. There's so many ideas from everything since all those series are so varied. :love:

I'd be down for a generic fantasy, and possibly Doctor Who - I don't know much about the series but my sister obsesses over it and I could probably learn from here.

Members don't see this ad :)

Nohika, what you're saying is all kinds of relevant to my interests!
Golden Compass? :thumbup:
Anne McCaffrey? basically any series, :thumbup:
Tamora Pierce? :thumbup::thumbup:

Katie8, that trunk is so cool! :)

Also, I could be up for Redwall this summer. I haven't read the books, but my brother has (almost?) all of them and I read pretty quickly.

If anyone wants to co-mod a Golden Compass, Tamora Pierce (mix of all the series? Tortall vs Circle of Magic), Anne McCaffrey (probably DRoP, but Acorna, Rowan, etc possible), or Redwall game, let me know. :) I'm gonna start jotting down ideas for items, roles, etc. As long as the WW games continue I'd love to eventually use all the ideas, but it'd probably be a fairly long chunk of time. :laugh:

It'd pretty much be whichever one was done first that would go out first.

It's awesome to know so many other people like these books! :thumbup::thumbup::love:

Oh.my.god. I want. Can you have your SO make one for me and mail it to PA????? I'll send baked goods in return. My books need a pretty home like that.

haha he would be so happy to hear that, he's a sucker for brownies! What's funny is he's not even a fan. Hasn't seen any of the movies (all the way through that is, he falls asleep whenever I try and make him watch one!) or read any of the books!! It's a CRIME!

haha he would be so happy to hear that, he's a sucker for brownies! What's funny is he's not even a fan. Hasn't seen any of the movies (all the way through that is, he falls asleep whenever I try and make him watch one!) or read any of the books!! It's a CRIME!

:eek:
Whattttt???? I have a friend who has only seen the movies and acts like he knows all, but psh. I totally listened to podcasts about theories for book 7 and all that. I'm still kind of in denial that it is actually over. And visiting Harry Potter World ended up in me walking away with two wands (the one that is for me and Sirius') and a mug and many, many pictures.

My most recent ex is a pretty hardcore fan. We've had many Sporcle contests to prove who is the bigger fan. He got a Harry Potter Cookbook for Christmas from one of his sisters. Too bad we never used it. =(

Eeeek! I had no idea anyone else knew who those were. :laugh:
You might be underestimating my age or interest in sci-fi/fantasy ;)
Still would be looking for someone to help co-mod Game of Thrones. I have high hopes for this game but it will be labor intensive, I think.
I can probably help!

:eek:
Whattttt???? I have a friend who has only seen the movies and acts like he knows all, but psh. I totally listened to podcasts about theories for book 7 and all that. I'm still kind of in denial that it is actually over. And visiting Harry Potter World ended up in me walking away with two wands (the one that is for me and Sirius') and a mug and many, many pictures.

My most recent ex is a pretty hardcore fan. We've had many Sporcle contests to prove who is the bigger fan. He got a Harry Potter Cookbook for Christmas from one of his sisters. Too bad we never used it. =(

Haven't been to the Wizarding World yet....REEALLLLY want to go. I have a wand, too! But I definitely nerdily ordered mine for my party. I don't even have the excuse, "Well, I was there, caught up in the moment...so I bought a wand." Haha.

It's not over for me....every year I celebrate HP's birthday. :D Feel free to join me!! And honestly, when you read/listen to the books as often as I do...it's totally not over.

I have the cookbook, too!! Recipes are mostly eh, but it's a fun novelty!

If anyone wants to co-mod a Golden Compass, Tamora Pierce (mix of all the series? Tortall vs Circle of Magic), Anne McCaffrey (probably DRoP, but Acorna, Rowan, etc possible), or Redwall game, let me know. :) I'm gonna start jotting down ideas for items, roles, etc. As long as the WW games continue I'd love to eventually use all the ideas, but it'd probably be a fairly long chunk of time. :laugh:
I would love to co-mod any of those first three. Just you mentioning them has made me start thinking... :) After cuit introduced me to WW with her JP game, I started planning one based on the BBC's Sherlock series. :shifty: It was 75% done before the LOTR game was finished, and that game was 2 games before I even joined SDN. :help:

So yeah, if anyone's interested in a Sherlock BBC game, that one is basically ready to go. And, uh, SOV's world history got me thinking, so has anybody here read any of the Discworld books by Terry Pratchett...? :oops:

I would love to co-mod any of those first three. Just you mentioning them has made me start thinking... :) After cuit introduced me to WW with her JP game, I started planning one based on the BBC's Sherlock series. :shifty: It was 75% done before the LOTR game was finished, and that game was 2 games before I even joined SDN. :help:

So yeah, if anyone's interested in a Sherlock BBC game, that one is basically ready to go. And, uh, SOV's world history got me thinking, so has anybody here read any of the Discworld books by Terry Pratchett...? :oops:

I'm currently re-reading some of Tamora Pierce's books. :) I wanna start the Golden Compass series re-read again after that, since it's been a while since I've read them. Busy busy! Probably will re-read all those books before starting that game to refresh my memory.

I've heard of the Discworld but I've never read them. Based on the books you like... ;) I may have to look the series up and read it. I'm always looking for new books.

Baaaah! I need to start writing ideas down. So many ideas.

He got a Harry Potter Cookbook for Christmas from one of his sisters. Too bad we never used it. =(

I HAVE IT! Come to NCSU and we can bake HP deliciousness!!

Dunno how I missed this earlier!!

HOLY COW THAT'S AWESOME. Can I borrow your boyfriend for a little while and get him to make a duplicate? Merlin's pants that is awesome.

Color me jealous!

haha why thank you, it would literally make his day to hear that. I was quite surprised/impressed when I got it! My books are safe foorreeevverrrr!

Uh, except then I'm left out. No fair!!

I know, I know! Let's (all us nerds) SKYPE on July 31! I made some amazing cupcakes last year. And Pumpkin Pasties. Hehe. Sugar quills, cockroach clusters, chocolate frogs, and ice mice. Man it was fantastic.

But it's so far away from Illinois where I'll be moving to sometime this summer. =(
I do have a friend down at Wake Forest...well she graduated and has stayed down there it seems. I could go down to visit and make a little detour.

Uh, except then I'm left out. No fair!!

I know, I know! Let's (all us nerds) SKYPE on July 31! I made some amazing cupcakes last year. And Pumpkin Pasties. Hehe. Sugar quills, cockroach clusters, chocolate frogs, and ice mice. Man it was fantastic.

But it's so far away from Illinois where I'll be moving to sometime this summer. =(
I do have a friend down at Wake Forest...well she graduated and has stayed down there it seems. I could go down to visit and make a little detour.

Love this, bring on July! None of my friends here are as HP obsessed as I am. HP themed meals are one of my favorite occassions!

I even quoted JK Rowling in my personal statement, oh yeah, pretty sure the schools that didn't accept me just weren't HP fans :smuggrin: or at least I like to think that's the reason :D

My request to future mods (including myself)....

we need to think of ways to keep the first couple of people killed interested in the game. I feel pretty badly for people who sign up only to lose on the first night or two.

I have my own thoughts if I design another game.. but it is something to think about yourselves!

Just saying! Don't want anyone to get killed first a couple of times and then they get discouraged from playing.

My request to future mods (including myself)....

we need to think of ways to keep the first couple of people killed interested in the game. I feel pretty badly for people who sign up only to lose on the first night or two.

I have my own thoughts if I design another game.. but it is something to think about yourselves!

Just saying! Don't want anyone to get killed first a couple of times and then they get discouraged from playing.

I think your idea of how dead players could still pray to Zeus was a good idea. Although, I never took advantage of it cause I ended up getting caught up in other things.

IPB and I will have a Tortall/Tamora Pierce game ready somewhat soon. :)

We also thought of a way to involve dead players. :smuggrin: An entertaining way.

We also thought of a way to involve dead players. :smuggrin: An entertaining way.

OMG I want in.

:love: I totally re-read all of them last summer after finals to decompress. Cannot wait!!
We can't wait either! We've had some hardcore planning PMs and I'm really excited about what we've come up with. :D

We can't wait either! We've had some hardcore planning PMs and I'm really excited about what we've come up with. :D

:D Take this as me reserving a place, even if it is months ahead of time. Hehe.

Oh, which series is it you guys are into? I know she has several.

Shortnsweet, which one did you re-read?

Song of the Lioness and Protector of the Small quartets are my favorites.

This means nothing to me but i am sure I will play anyway.. I read hunger games AFTER the WW game (well I started them during anyway).

They are fantastical fantasy books that came out in the early 80s and 90s. There's a lot of girl power, knighthood, and magic. :D

Can we please do a game of thrones one sometime? Winter is coming.

I own and have read all of her books. :D This WW game will be based off of Tortall only, excluding the Beka Cooper books. Currently planning on re-reading Trickster's Choice at some point.

We have almost everything planned except some minor details so whenever there's a break we can kick this one off!! :D:D:D

There's also currently a Redwall one in planning and a Dragonriders of Pern in planning too. I'm also working on a Golden Compass (His Dark Materials) but I need to re-read the books first. :laugh: I'm planning on spreading them out over a while since I don't think we'll get bored of WW at all. :laugh:

I'm already in cue to run it ASAP. I have roles and items figured out and Cuit offered to co-mod.

Super excited... I will start preparing my sigil.

I'm already in cue to run it ASAP. I have roles and items figured out and Cuit offered to co-mod.

This means I am going to a) have to read the books and b) watch the series! YAY!