Feb 3, 2021
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I'm an LA pharmacist working towards reciprocity in GA. My primary state is known for its difficult MPJE, even for state locals (I passed it by 2 points). I hear the GA MPJE is also notoriously difficult. I don't have any GA pharmacist contacts, so it would be awesome to get some suggestions or material for GA MPJE study and passing! I've read many of the recent threads on MPJE study but it seems to be very mixed as to what topics and materials/program consistently resulted in a passing score.
PLEASE help! I know there are several programs for purchase, but I'm currently $1,200 in for GA reciprocity and could really use some tips and direction for preparing. ANYTHING would be very appreciated!!

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2021
Hey! I am trying to get licensed in GA as well and am trying to figure out my study materials. I did see on the Georgia board of pharmacy website that they are waiving the practical exam due to the state of emergency bc of covid. That is really good news!
I took the NY MPJE, and I just bought a few books and studied those. Have you figured out what study material is best to use yet?

Jul 6, 2020
I'm an LA pharmacist working towards reciprocity in GA. My primary state is known for its difficult MPJE, even for state locals (I passed it by 2 points). I hear the GA MPJE is also notoriously difficult. I don't have any GA pharmacist contacts, so it would be awesome to get some suggestions or material for GA MPJE study and passing! I've read many of the recent threads on MPJE study but it seems to be very mixed as to what topics and materials/program consistently resulted in a passing score.
PLEASE help! I know there are several programs for purchase, but I'm currently $1,200 in for GA reciprocity and could really use some tips and direction for preparing. ANYTHING would be very appreciated!!
I just passed the Georgia law in Feb. I had to retake it due to all the info that was on it.
1. I know its wordy but you should read the laws.
2. Rxpharmacist.com has a really good outline of must knows.
3. Controlled substances and drug classes that differ federally vs in state.
4. Ga is very detailed in the dob duties depending on the area of pharmacy, retail, hospital, prison, Hospice, LTCF
5. Policy and procedures for inventory, store to store transfers
6. Must know about office use of medications
7. Label requirements, inpatient, outpatient , I med labels, floor stock labels.
8. Compounding! sterile vs non sterile ( technician duties)
9. The Board and the GDNA duties

Any questions feel free to message me. It was a challenge and I want to help others make it while the wet lab is waived =)

Reactions: 1 users
Mar 27, 2021
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I just passed the Georgia law in Feb. I had to retake it due to all the info that was on it.
4. Ga is very detailed in the dob duties depending on the area of pharmacy, retail, hospital, prison, Hospice, LTCF
7. Label requirements, inpatient, outpatient , I med labels, floor stock labels.

Any questions feel free to message me. It was a challenge and I want to help others make it while the wet lab is waived =)

About the Ads

nikki08

10+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I took my exam 3/21/2021 and Failed. Just did practice exams via pharmacyexam.com. I paid $75 to take the pre-NABP MPJE practice exam, didn't realize you only get 1 try and it doesn't even tell you if you got the answers right or wrong, but I scored 76 on that. I need to wait a month to re-take, another $250 and planning on buying rxprep MPJE and flash cards for $199.

Last edited by a moderator:

pharmily2016

5+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I took my exam 3/21/2021 and Failed. Just did practice exams via pharmacyexam.com. I paid $75 to take the pre-NABP MPJE practice exam, didn't realize you only get 1 try and it doesn't even tell you if you got the answers right or wrong, but I scored 76 on that. I need to wait a month to re-take, another $250 and planning on buying rxprep MPJE and flash cards for $199, anyone else paid for this or have a discount code for RxPrep?
How soon did you get your results? I just took mine and pretty sure I will be retaking it :(

Jul 6, 2020
I took my exam 3/21/2021 and Failed. Just did practice exams via pharmacyexam.com. I paid $75 to take the pre-NABP MPJE practice exam, didn't realize you only get 1 try and it doesn't even tell you if you got the answers right or wrong, but I scored 76 on that. I need to wait a month to re-take, another $250 and planning on buying rxprep MPJE and flash cards for $199.
if you failed its because of the state laws not the federal... the exam is very specific save that 200 on rx prep... go on quizlet they have a bunch of pronto pass flash cards on there for free pertaining to mpje, the USP 800 guidelines were just added

Feb 10, 2021
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Hello and thank you for your offer to help! I take the MJPE in May. I’ve started studying, but the volume of material to cover (though needed) is a little overwhelming. I work full time, in a clean room, and have kiddos with activities when I get home so I study when I can and try my best to stay awake!
To make sure I am on the right (and most efficient) track please feel free to comment on what I am doing (waste of time or you MUST do):
  • Currently reading Chapter 480 (purchased thru prontopass)
  • Going to read title 16 and 26 (purchased thru pontopass)
  • Purchased and read GA Pharmacy Law MJPE Study guide from RxPharmacists (is the study guide the outline you are referring to or am I missing something?)
  • Purchased and read Guide to Federal Pharmacy Law (Reiss/Hall)
  • Purchased blank MJPE worksheet from tl;dr pharmacy and hoping to purchase a completed one for GA when tl;dr has posted it
  • Looking at purchasing Fienberg summary of GA Law and Federal Law (is it worth it???)
  • Looking at purchasing practice questions from passrxnow (is worth it???)
Have spent a small fortune in a short amount of time (between study materials/NABP/BOP) so is there something I’m missing that you think is absolutely needed? Plus, I don’t think I’ve read this much in a long time. I bet I could have read the Grapes of Wrath several times by now!!
Any recommendations are appreciated and good luck to those that are taking the exam soon!!

Jul 6, 2020
Hello and thank you for your offer to help! I take the MJPE in May. I’ve started studying, but the volume of material to cover (though needed) is a little overwhelming. I work full time, in a clean room, and have kiddos with activities when I get home so I study when I can and try my best to stay awake!
To make sure I am on the right (and most efficient) track please feel free to comment on what I am doing (waste of time or you MUST do):
  • Currently reading Chapter 480 (purchased thru prontopass)
  • Going to read title 16 and 26 (purchased thru pontopass)
  • Purchased and read GA Pharmacy Law MJPE Study guide from RxPharmacists (is the study guide the outline you are referring to or am I missing something?)
  • Purchased and read Guide to Federal Pharmacy Law (Reiss/Hall)
  • Purchased blank MJPE worksheet from tl;dr pharmacy and hoping to purchase a completed one for GA when tl;dr has posted it
  • Looking at purchasing Fienberg summary of GA Law and Federal Law (is it worth it???)
  • Looking at purchasing practice questions from passrxnow (is worth it???)
Have spent a small fortune in a short amount of time (between study materials/NABP/BOP) so is there something I’m missing that you think is absolutely needed? Plus, I don’t think I’ve read this much in a long time. I bet I could have read the Grapes of Wrath several times by now!!
Any recommendations are appreciated and good luck to those that are taking the exam soon!!
Do not overwhelm yourself with all the resources...I did that the first time. Georgia laws and narcotics. How to receive how to transfer. Office use which is not allowed and labels. Inpatient outpatient. Compounding sterile non sterile. GO to quizlet and put in " pronto pass mpje" compounding cards should pop up. They have added USP 800.

You can private message me ill send you over some outlines, no charge, I just want to help others pass.

Reactions: 1 user
Mar 6, 2021
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student

Hi,
Thankyou for sharing, I too am attempting MPJE GA but am overwhelmed by the material available ie pronto pass, passrxnow, rxprep and these all add to cost. Also am wasting a lot of time searching and surfing for study materials and only have 3 weeks before my test. Am licensed in California too but have been out of practice . With limited time, can anyone recommend the best way. and one material that is sufficient. Is it worth buying text books etc.
Thanks Dee

Jul 6, 2020
Hi,
Thankyou for sharing, I too am attempting MPJE GA but am overwhelmed by the material available ie pronto pass, passrxnow, rxprep and these all add to cost. Also am wasting a lot of time searching and surfing for study materials and only have 3 weeks before my test. Am licensed in California too but have been out of practice . With limited time, can anyone recommend the best way. and one material that is sufficient. Is it worth buying text books etc.
Thanks Dee
send me a direct message I will send you an outline. That website I listed has a great outline and test questions

AC3_PharmD

Clinical Pharmacist
5+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
My recommendations if you can are to find a study partner, use that study material that tallyDoc suggested if they're giving out material. It took me quite a few times to pass the GA MPJE and when I did I literally hit a 75 on the nose. Biggest help was finding a study partner to run through material with me, printing and focusing on the 480 and titles 16 + 26. Read the laws verbatim, KNOW THEM. I made flash cards and was reviewing and practicing nightly, helped a ton. If it helps I'm the MPJE master now lol.
This method worked for me and was super helpful for the next MPJE's I took in different states.

Last edited by a moderator:
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.