This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gearhalk

Reaction score
I'm an LA pharmacist working towards reciprocity in GA. My primary state is known for its difficult MPJE, even for state locals (I passed it by 2 points). I hear the GA MPJE is also notoriously difficult. I don't have any GA pharmacist contacts, so it would be awesome to get some suggestions or material for GA MPJE study and passing! I've read many of the recent threads on MPJE study but it seems to be very mixed as to what topics and materials/program consistently resulted in a passing score.
PLEASE help! I know there are several programs for purchase, but I'm currently $1,200 in for GA reciprocity and could really use some tips and direction for preparing. ANYTHING would be very appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey! I am trying to get licensed in GA as well and am trying to figure out my study materials. I did see on the Georgia board of pharmacy website that they are waiving the practical exam due to the state of emergency bc of covid. That is really good news!
I took the NY MPJE, and I just bought a few books and studied those. Have you figured out what study material is best to use yet?

I'm an LA pharmacist working towards reciprocity in GA. My primary state is known for its difficult MPJE, even for state locals (I passed it by 2 points). I hear the GA MPJE is also notoriously difficult. I don't have any GA pharmacist contacts, so it would be awesome to get some suggestions or material for GA MPJE study and passing! I've read many of the recent threads on MPJE study but it seems to be very mixed as to what topics and materials/program consistently resulted in a passing score.
PLEASE help! I know there are several programs for purchase, but I'm currently $1,200 in for GA reciprocity and could really use some tips and direction for preparing. ANYTHING would be very appreciated!!
I just passed the Georgia law in Feb. I had to retake it due to all the info that was on it.
1. I know its wordy but you should read the laws.
2. Rxpharmacist.com has a really good outline of must knows.
3. Controlled substances and drug classes that differ federally vs in state.
4. Ga is very detailed in the dob duties depending on the area of pharmacy, retail, hospital, prison, Hospice, LTCF
5. Policy and procedures for inventory, store to store transfers
6. Must know about office use of medications
7. Label requirements, inpatient, outpatient , I med labels, floor stock labels.
8. Compounding! sterile vs non sterile ( technician duties)
9. The Board and the GDNA duties

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 users
I just passed the Georgia law in Feb. I had to retake it due to all the info that was on it.
4. Ga is very detailed in the dob duties depending on the area of pharmacy, retail, hospital, prison, Hospice, LTCF
7. Label requirements, inpatient, outpatient , I med labels, floor stock labels.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took my exam 3/21/2021 and Failed. Just did practice exams via pharmacyexam.com. I paid $75 to take the pre-NABP MPJE practice exam, didn't realize you only get 1 try and it doesn't even tell you if you got the answers right or wrong, but I scored 76 on that. I need to wait a month to re-take, another $250 and planning on buying rxprep MPJE and flash cards for $199.

I took my exam 3/21/2021 and Failed. Just did practice exams via pharmacyexam.com. I paid $75 to take the pre-NABP MPJE practice exam, didn't realize you only get 1 try and it doesn't even tell you if you got the answers right or wrong, but I scored 76 on that. I need to wait a month to re-take, another $250 and planning on buying rxprep MPJE and flash cards for $199, anyone else paid for this or have a discount code for RxPrep?
How soon did you get your results? I just took mine and pretty sure I will be retaking it :(

I took my exam 3/21/2021 and Failed. Just did practice exams via pharmacyexam.com. I paid $75 to take the pre-NABP MPJE practice exam, didn't realize you only get 1 try and it doesn't even tell you if you got the answers right or wrong, but I scored 76 on that. I need to wait a month to re-take, another $250 and planning on buying rxprep MPJE and flash cards for $199.
if you failed its because of the state laws not the federal... the exam is very specific save that 200 on rx prep... go on quizlet they have a bunch of pronto pass flash cards on there for free pertaining to mpje, the USP 800 guidelines were just added

Hello and thank you for your offer to help! I take the MJPE in May. I’ve started studying, but the volume of material to cover (though needed) is a little overwhelming. I work full time, in a clean room, and have kiddos with activities when I get home so I study when I can and try my best to stay awake!
To make sure I am on the right (and most efficient) track please feel free to comment on what I am doing (waste of time or you MUST do):
  • Currently reading Chapter 480 (purchased thru prontopass)
  • Going to read title 16 and 26 (purchased thru pontopass)
  • Purchased and read GA Pharmacy Law MJPE Study guide from RxPharmacists (is the study guide the outline you are referring to or am I missing something?)
  • Purchased and read Guide to Federal Pharmacy Law (Reiss/Hall)
  • Purchased blank MJPE worksheet from tl;dr pharmacy and hoping to purchase a completed one for GA when tl;dr has posted it
  • Looking at purchasing Fienberg summary of GA Law and Federal Law (is it worth it???)
  • Looking at purchasing practice questions from passrxnow (is worth it???)
Have spent a small fortune in a short amount of time (between study materials/NABP/BOP) so is there something I’m missing that you think is absolutely needed? Plus, I don’t think I’ve read this much in a long time. I bet I could have read the Grapes of Wrath several times by now!!
Any recommendations are appreciated and good luck to those that are taking the exam soon!!

Hello and thank you for your offer to help! I take the MJPE in May. I’ve started studying, but the volume of material to cover (though needed) is a little overwhelming. I work full time, in a clean room, and have kiddos with activities when I get home so I study when I can and try my best to stay awake!
To make sure I am on the right (and most efficient) track please feel free to comment on what I am doing (waste of time or you MUST do):
  • Currently reading Chapter 480 (purchased thru prontopass)
  • Going to read title 16 and 26 (purchased thru pontopass)
  • Purchased and read GA Pharmacy Law MJPE Study guide from RxPharmacists (is the study guide the outline you are referring to or am I missing something?)
  • Purchased and read Guide to Federal Pharmacy Law (Reiss/Hall)
  • Purchased blank MJPE worksheet from tl;dr pharmacy and hoping to purchase a completed one for GA when tl;dr has posted it
  • Looking at purchasing Fienberg summary of GA Law and Federal Law (is it worth it???)
  • Looking at purchasing practice questions from passrxnow (is worth it???)
Have spent a small fortune in a short amount of time (between study materials/NABP/BOP) so is there something I’m missing that you think is absolutely needed? Plus, I don’t think I’ve read this much in a long time. I bet I could have read the Grapes of Wrath several times by now!!
Any recommendations are appreciated and good luck to those that are taking the exam soon!!
Do not overwhelm yourself with all the resources...I did that the first time. Georgia laws and narcotics. How to receive how to transfer. Office use which is not allowed and labels. Inpatient outpatient. Compounding sterile non sterile. GO to quizlet and put in " pronto pass mpje" compounding cards should pop up. They have added USP 800.

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone here know how much GA pharmacists make per hour? I was told starting out is around $55/hr.

Hi,
Thankyou for sharing, I too am attempting MPJE GA but am overwhelmed by the material available ie pronto pass, passrxnow, rxprep and these all add to cost. Also am wasting a lot of time searching and surfing for study materials and only have 3 weeks before my test. Am licensed in California too but have been out of practice . With limited time, can anyone recommend the best way. and one material that is sufficient. Is it worth buying text books etc.
Thanks Dee

I think thats the norm, have you found any positions? Im starting to apply now
I'm currently with CVS in CA. Not licensed in GA yet but applied a few places just to see. I'm hoping to just relocate to CVS.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am taking GA MPJE in 3 weeks too. Anyone have and tips. I am using quizlet and I have pronto pass but so many pages.

My recommendations if you can are to find a study partner, use that study material that tallyDoc suggested if they're giving out material. It took me quite a few times to pass the GA MPJE and when I did I literally hit a 75 on the nose. Biggest help was finding a study partner to run through material with me, printing and focusing on the 480 and titles 16 + 26. Read the laws verbatim, KNOW THEM. I made flash cards and was reviewing and practicing nightly, helped a ton.

If I were you I would search outside of this forum for websites that can help you. They are out there and I found them helpful.

Last edited:
Does anyone here know how much GA pharmacists make per hour? I was told starting out is around $55/hr.
GA pharmacist, Pharm.D., clinical employment, working for last 33 years. Do not know anything about retail. GA pay compensation was steady at $55-$65. BUT since 2017 things have gone NUTS. I have heard numbers like $25, $35, $40 up to $75.

Hey! I am trying to get licensed in GA as well and am trying to figure out my study materials. I did see on the Georgia board of pharmacy website that they are waiving the practical exam due to the state of emergency bc of covid. That is really good news!
I took the NY MPJE, and I just bought a few books and studied those. Have you figured out what study material is best to use yet?
I didn't use any books. Passed with pharmacyexam.com practice test ($70) and quizlet questions (search compounding GA MPJE and general GA MPJE questions) and especially read through and take notes on chapter 480!

What's the next step after you pass the MPJE? I can't find it on BoP website. Thanks!

If you've already submitted your application to the Board... NABP will transmit your MPJE scores to them, and then they issue your license. That can take days to weeks. I would monitor the Board website license validation.

If you've already submitted your application to the Board... NABP will transmit your MPJE scores to them, and then they issue your license. That can take days to weeks. I would monitor the Board website license validation.
Thanks! So took my test Sat, found out my score the following Friday morning, and then Monday got a email for BoP saying my license was issued! That was quick!

Hey I just gave mine and went so bad . Felt all the stuff I read did not come. Feel louse, spent 5 weeks but needed to study smart. Need guidance on preparing

Hey I just gave mine and went so bad . Felt all the stuff I read did not come. Feel louse, spent 5 weeks but needed to study smart. Need guidance on preparing
Yeah I needed to break all the info up into each area of pharmacy. Retail. Hospital. Diff labels. Controls in each setting. The different types of pharmacist roles. Compounding. Look at the faqs page on the Georgia website.

I think someone mentioned about having questions about repackaging (sorry I don't remember who or which thread). What is that? I have searched through the GA laws and the USP and can't find anything about repackaging. Many thanks!

I think someone mentioned about having questions about repackaging (sorry I don't remember who or which thread). What is that? I have searched through the GA laws and the USP and can't find anything about repackaging. Many thanks!
Repackaging is when you take the drug out of the original container and place into a different one, usually referring to unit-dose packaging or dispensing. There are no specific state laws pertaining to unit-dose packing, however USP and FDA recommend a beyond use date of 6 months from the date of repacking. The BUD is the only real piece of information you should know about repackaging. Let me know if you have any other questions! I just passed GA MPJE, took it 5/20 (Thurs.) got my results on 5/26 (Wed.).

Reactions: 2 users
Can you send me an outline too? Thank you in advance

I felt like I focused on this information, but I still ended up failing last month. I don't even know where to start with my restudying.... And I retake it next week. Someone help please!!

Do you know how long the is the wet lab waived?

Good afternoon all,
I took the MPJE nov 18,2021. i havent gotten my results yet i wanted to share my experience with you all. Im licensed in Ny and Fl and this test was the hardest for me to prepare to take. i recommend reading the Georgia law (especially if you are not from GA). the section 480 and federal law helped me the most. i would also recomment exposing yourself to many questions _ quizzlet (was more than enough) for information. the test is tricky so you have to get use to answering questions -all that applies ect. i feel like you have to understand the info to interrupt how to answer the questions very well.
good luck everyone

update: I passed ( got my results on Nov 29 there was a delay bc of the holiday)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Good afternoon all,
I took the MPJE nov 18,2021. i havent gotten my results yet i wanted to share my experience with you all. Im licensed in Ny and Fl and this test was the hardest for me to prepare to take. i recommend reading the Georgia law (especially if you are not from GA). the section 480 and federal law helped me the most. i would also recomment exposing yourself to many questions _ quizzlet (was more than enough) for information. the test is tricky so you have to get use to answering questions -all that applies ect. i feel like you have to understand the info to interrupt how to answer the questions very well.
good luck everyone

update: I passed ( got my results on Nov 29 there was a delay bc of the holiday)
Hi, thank you for your post! Can I know how you studied? I have failed once so I am not sure how I should change my studying. I have read the laws and statutes. I have studied quizzlet but don't think I have fully memorized everything (timeline/days on different situations, etc.) and I feel like I don't know if this is working or not.. Thanks in advance!

I just took the GA MPJE yesterday...it was very hard. I am licensed in OR and TX and those MPJE exams not nearly as hard.
There were multiple questions on CII...specifically...can an MD write for more than 30 day supply for CII med. Now, that I couldn't find anywhere in the GA laws..anyone know the answer? I know that for federal it's not prohibited to write for a 90 day quantity for CII..but I couldn't find that mentioned in GA law anywhere.
There was also a question of whether you need an rx for Novolin 70/30...i know there are some insulin available OTC behind the pharmacy counter..but I think just regular and NPH...not the 70/30...anyone know which insulins are available OTC ?
Thanks...i hope I passed.

Hi there!! did you take the exam? If yes, can you share how you studied and what you use? I would appreciate any insight as I am in the same shoes as yourself and do not know anyone in GA that could provide advise.

How long did it take to receive your results? Did you here from Ga first or NABP. Took mine on Saturday and still waiting :(