-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
GA-PCOM vs. DMU
Started by ssjGGV
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
If you spend some time researching the schools on the forums you'll know that overwhelmingly people are gonna recommend DMU.
DMU. Come on son
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would think most of us would blindly say DMU is the better school. However for me I would much rather live in the south than in Iowa. I have seen neither school in person, just like most people that will vote on your poll.
I would think most of us would blindly say DMU is the better school. However for me I would much rather live in the south than in Iowa. I have seen neither school in person, just like most people that will vote on your poll.
See and you couldn't pay me to live in the south.
I am going to go out on a limb here and say that I think the best one for you is the best one for you...I could be wrong though. But pretty sure that is correct tho.What do you guys think?
Are you a girl? Are you attractive? If so, DMU.
Kidding, but my (somewhat biased) vote goes for DMU either way. 👍
Now I feel hurt.
I thought we had something special
Atlanta offers more first rate hospitals where you can rotate; the pcom networks is awesome. Research without bias this point and you will see. Nothing against DMU, it is top notch plus people say Des Moines is family friendly and pretty...but you could not pay me to live in Iowa.😀
Aw, come on now. I wore shorts to class this morning. You can't beat that.See and you couldn't pay me to live in the south.
Fuq shorts. I need snow.Aw, come on now. I wore shorts to class this morning. You can't beat that.
Some very good looking guy posted a list of rotation sites in the GA-PCOM thread.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ooph. I love the sight of never having snow.Fuq shorts. I need snow.
Now I feel hurt.
I thought we had something special
Forgive mee
Last edited:
I wonder who found that listSome very good looking guy posted a list of rotation sites in the GA-PCOM thread.

but for real, that list shows sweet spots to rotate at...now it's a matter of getting into the jtrack
Id pick Ga-PCOM, Atlanta has a lot of good hospitals, plus the whole "we spend as twice as much time on OMM as any other school" thing turned me off to DMU. Plus touchpause goes there. And its in the Midwest which is like the south "lite". I'm holding an acceptance from GA PCOM so im biased.
Plus touchpause goes there.
Actually, I still Have my DMU interview coming up, so we may be classmates after all TP
I interviewed at PCOM-GA. The community is nice, very livable, clean. With ATL traffic, getting into the city will be a hassle. However, ATL is a very fun place to be. The J track for PCOM-GA is "Atlanta Based," but that term is applied broadly and generously. Some of your rotations will be quite a drive. Its the same situation with AZCOM. Also, Keep in mind that while ATL is a big city, you have Emory and Morehouse in the city taking up rotation spots, as well as UGA and Mercer not too far away. Im not saying that there aren't enough rotation positions, there are plenty. What I'm saying is that I wouldn't just assume that ATL will automatically lend itself to incredible-high exposure rotations b/c its such a big city. I don't know much about DMU except for its reputation (which is stellar). I do know that Des Moines winters make lake-effect snow sounds like child's play.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 177
- Views
- 61K
- Replies
- 437
- Views
- 132K
- Replies
- 601
- Views
- 160K
- Replies
- 652
- Views
- 174K