Game Night WW - Sign-Ups Closed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Karabiner13

Ohio State c/o 2018
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The Bridge on the Drina
aka
WW on the Drina

Brought to you by: @Karabiner13, @SARdoghandler, @kaydubs

I have been to this bridge in real life. It has way more importance to those who have gone through East Meets West at my undergrad and so I bring that love of this story and bridge to you all. Here's hoping I do it justice

Mayterm 401.jpg

In the small town of Visegrad, standing as a silent witness to history there is a bridge on the Drina. It has stood unchanging from it's construction in the mid 16th century until it's partial destruction nearly 4 centuries later. This bridge has witnessed the Ottoman empire, the Karageorge Insurrection War (Serbian Uprising), the Austro-Hungarian Occupation, the Austro-Hungarian Annexation, and finally World War I. It's quite the amount of history for such an unimportant town as Visegrad. Get ready for a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff as we have a lot of history to cover

Deadlines will mostly be Night 6am EST, Lynch 10pm EST

Sign-ups close Friday, May 10th at 6pm EST with game starting Saturday, May 11th

Ideally need 25 but can attempt to adjust if don't get enough

Roster

Subs

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wish I could but I'm leaving the country on Monday for a couple of weeks

Members don't see this ad :)
Roster
13. Barks
14. Sporty
17. Nav
18. Pippy

Subs
1. Dubz

Reactions: 1 user
The Bridge on the Drina
aka
WW on the Drina

I have been to this bridge in real life. It has way more importance to those who have gone through East Meets West at my undergrad and so I bring that love of this story and bridge to you all. Here's hoping I do it justice

In the small town of Visegrad, standing as a silent witness to history there is a bridge on the Drina. It has stood unchanging from it's construction in the mid 16th century until it's partial destruction nearly 4 centuries later. This bridge has witnessed the Ottoman empire, the Karageorge Insurrection War (Serbian Uprising), the Austro-Hungarian Occupation, the Austro-Hungarian Annexation, and finally World War I. It's quite the amount of history for such an unimportant town as Visegrad. Get ready for a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff as we have a lot of history to cover

Sign-ups close Friday, May 10th at 6pm EST with game starting Saturday, May 11th

Roster

4. DVMD (I start vacation on the 12th..... :ninja: )
13. Barks
14. Noncommittal Sporty
15. Cubs
17. Navilly
18. Pippsy

Subs
1. Dubz shot Cubz
3. Scary MsP

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Also what lore is this based on?
Yeah could I get a little more info on the theme? Bc I currently have none.

Is it going to be mechnics/write-ups heavy with lots of roles? lots of vanillas? what can we expect? haha
I am feeling a bit burnt out atm but may sign up because like. you're my manator :D

Roster
4. DVMD (I start vacation on the 12th.... :ninja: )
13. Barks
14. Sporty
17. Nav
18. Pippy

Subs
1. Dubz

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Ugh I really shouldn't... I'll think on it

The Bridge on the Drina
aka
WW on the Drina

Roster

1. @Dinashadow thinking
5. @dolphin106258 got screwed
7. @WildZoo reserved cause she wont really sub
8. @SkiOtter
13. Barks
14. Noncommittal Sporty
15. Cubs
16. @StayingPositive2017 ?
17. Navilly
18. Pippsy
23. @Lawper

Subs
1. Dubz shot Cubz
3. Scary MsP

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
The Bridge on the Drina
aka
WW on the Drina

Roster

1. @Dinashadow thinking
8. @SkiOtter
13. Barks
14. Noncommittal Sporty
15. Cubs
16. @StayingPositive2017 ?
17. Navilly
18. Pippsy
23. @Lawper

Subs
1. Dubz shot Cubz
3. Scary MsP
You think I'm scary!!!:vamp::zombie::1devilish:. I'm curious as to why though.

Roster
1. @Dinashadow thinking
9. @Melchizedek 9%ABV
11. MAYBE Finn MAYBE
13. Barks
14. Noncommittal Sporty
15. Cubs
17. Navilly
18. Pippsy
21. katashark
23. @Lawper

Subs
1. Dubz shot Cubz
3. Scary MsP

Thinking on whether i should play this. Out of the country currently and time differences are crazy (lynch closes at early morning for me). But it's a Karabou game with vets playing. Hmm

Thinking on whether i should play this. Out of the country currently and time differences are crazy (lynch closes at early morning for me). But it's a Karabou game with vets playing. Hmm
I knowwww. It sounds interesting but I don't think I have the juice.

Roster
1. @Dinashadow thinking
3. Miz
9. @Melchizedek 9%ABV
11. MAYBE Finn MAYBE
13. Barks
14. Noncommittal Sporty
15. Cubs
17. Navilly
18. Pippsy
21. katashark
23. @Lawper

Subs
1. Dubz shot Cubz
3. Scary MsP

Reactions: 1 user
Also what lore is this based on?
Yeah could I get a little more info on the theme? Bc I currently have none.

Is it going to be mechnics/write-ups heavy with lots of roles? lots of vanillas? what can we expect? haha
I am feeling a bit burnt out atm but may sign up because like. you're my manator :D

This is based on the book titled The Bridge on the Drina by Ivo Andrić. It's a fictional history of the real bridge in Visegrad, Bosnia and Herzegovina

Write ups will be mainly for story as I want to share the history of the Balkans. They won't be Navilly length and if they are too long, you might be able to get away without reading but no promises

Mechanics wise, it's not basic but it's not my extreme mechanics filled games. Maybe more on level with Oh, the Places I've Been WW? Regardless it will be fun and you'll learn about a region you probably know little about

Roster
1. Dinashadow thinking
3. Miz
5. dolphin106258 got screwed
7. WildZoo reserved cause she wont really sub
11. MAYBE Finn MAYBE
13. Barks
14. Noncommittal Sporty
15. Cubs
16. @CoffeeQuestionMark Lawpy needs the Ouafs
17. Navilly
18. Pippsy
21. katashark
23. @Lawper

Subs