Gamer DO's?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah, it consumed my life in high school, and I've kept my characters alive to this day.

I'm equally stoked for D3, but I've heard rumors of them wanting to port it to consoles as well.....:confused:

That would be horrible in my opinion :-\.... I just really hope D3 comes out AFTER I take my boards... D2 is already distracting at times when I am trying to study... always trying new builds :p

glad I am not a lone!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't play many video games, but I make beats! and I'll whoop the **** out of you at chess! haha...:laugh:

I have a ps3 but I'm getting bored of it. I get tired of games pretty quickly now. I played Crysis 2 for a couple weeks and got bored of it.

Now I'm building a computer to play WoW (again) and probably starcraft 2. Perhaps when Diablo 3 comes out too =]

Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed. Going to wait for one of those Steam weekend deals before I pick up a copy.

I only buy games that are on sale now. Picked up GTA IV complete on steam for $9.99. I bought all three versions of STALKER for about $7 each. I find I mainly play older PC games without much interest in the new stuff. Not really anticipating any PC releases until Deus Ex, Skyrim, and what not.

It's only overpriced if you don't have anybody to play it with. My gf and I have had a blast working through the co-op.

you know, you don't HAVE to pay for games.... ;)

Black Ops multiplayer on Xbox Live mostly... but I enjoy some Smash Bros (all systems) and Ocarina of Time now and again :)

Ahh! I love this forum.
Anyone place AION? I played when it first came out but have not played for a few months. Also, just got Xbox. I have been playing gears and gears 2, left for dead, COD and I really want to try portal2. I have been a PS3 girl for many years, but I do like the xbox. Totally going to miss it in school.... which is the best excuse to play a lot now! :)

Just beat portal coop yesterday and loved it. I wished it was longer though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahh! I love this forum.
Anyone place AION? I played when it first came out but have not played for a few months. Also, just got Xbox. I have been playing gears and gears 2, left for dead, COD and I really want to try portal2. I have been a PS3 girl for many years, but I do like the xbox. Totally going to miss it in school.... which is the best excuse to play a lot now! :)

Mm, never tried aion, but I was a huge guild wars junkie up until a couple years ago, while we're on the subject of anet games.

if you play L4D2 on PC, my steam name is willthinkformoney :D

Also, you will have time to play in school. Just not much.

Mm, never tried aion, but I was a huge guild wars junkie up until a couple years ago, while we're on the subject of anet games.

if you play L4D2 on PC, my steam name is willthinkformoney :D

Also, you will have time to play in school. Just not much.

I usually play on Xbox but I do have a steam account, waitinggggg for the great sales! Congrat on NSU, I live in hollywood. I wanted to go there so bad~

Ahh! I love this forum.

Y'all will still have time to play when y'all are in school... you just can't live for it 24-7. So don't get too depressed. Until then... game on. And hey, you might luck up during your 3rd year and find residents who absolutely insist on PS3 action during your overnight calls... it's been known to happen! ;)

How long is it? I've heard anywhere from 8-15 hours...

I'd say 9 to 10. We had 2 laptops LAN'ed, used the developer console and it took awhile to get it strait so it was probably closer to 9. Great great game. I just started playing the solo mode, it's just as good.

Just started playing LoL, loving it. I'm sure I suck but at the early levels so does just about everyone else so it works.

I'd say 9 to 10. We had 2 laptops LAN'ed, used the developer console and it took awhile to get it strait so it was probably closer to 9. Great great game. I just started playing the solo mode, it's just as good.

The solo storyline is wild. Make sure to slow down and listen to what's going on if you normally don't.

Anyone play the new Mortal Kombat(Fatality Lives)? Played it a coupleof times with friends and it was Intense!

I am DLing it now, do you have to choose a server? If so, Which one did you pick?

Only a single server. The game matches you automatically with people unless you choose to join with a friend. The nice thing is you won't have a complete premade vs a random the worst you can have is a premade duo and 3 randoms vs 5 randoms.

If anyone wants to add me as well username is ReoDobbs, but I'll warn you again...I'm still learning.

Just tried LoL.... Im still working out some kinks (which means im still horrible! hehe) but I do like the set up, oh yeah, and that its free!!!

I figure this is probably the best place to post this.

Any TCOM DO students interested in going to this meet up lan party? http://www.meetup.com/LAN-Party/

They have a monthly lan party in greenville, tx about 90 miles away from ft worth.

I thought I might post this to see if any TCOM class of 2015 gamer DOs might be interested. Send me a PM if you are!! :thumbup:

nardini46
TCOM class of 2015

How long is it? I've heard anywhere from 8-15 hours...
Yeah, around that time, but they are adding free DLC with new single player and co-op test chambers soon, so it's got additional value now! Plus the single player story is so great it's still worth the money.

Yeah, around that time, but they are adding free DLC with new single player and co-op test chambers soon, so it's got additional value now! Plus the single player story is so great it's still worth the money.

Still waiting till the price drops a little bit though...

Bought it last night on Amazon for $29.99. You can still get it for that price if you're interested

Used my credit card points to get it =P

Looking forward to this weekend.......:laugh:

Used my credit card points to get it =P

Looking forward to this weekend.......:laugh:

The game is so damn addicting

Received it Tuesday night, had it beaten by Wednesday afternoon haha :oops:

Not much of a gamer but I do love my apps. I have practically all the classic game shows & board games(wheel of fortune, price is right, monopoly, etc).

Not much of a gamer but I do love my apps. I have practically all the classic game shows & board games(wheel of fortune, price is right, monopoly, etc).

Words with friends? =D

Team Fortress anyone?

Or Gears 3 beta? That was awesome, and I was brutalized. My k:hungover: was terrible.

Playing Final Fantasy XIII-2 right now. Some gamers will make good surgeons I heard and read somewhere.

Playing Final Fantasy XIII-2 right now. Some gamers will make good surgeons I heard and read somewhere.

What do you think of it? I loved FF7 but havent played any since and was thinking about giving it a shot

What do you think of it? I loved FF7 but havent played any since and was thinking about giving it a shot

Hmm, I hesitated on FFXIII because I thought it used a real time battlesystem like Parasite Eve/Vagrant Story. After looking at a gameplay video, it looks pretty standard turn-based, I guess I'll give it a try. Missed the 10$ deal on Amazon :(

I'm a huge final fantasy fan. I don't like how the series has gone after FF10 though... but that's a whole separate discussion.

10 for me has the best compilation of plot, characters, weapons, battle/leveling system, voices, graphics, and one of the MOST important things for me in a final fantasy game: SOUNDTRACK! FFX has the most incredible, complete soundtrack. Nobuo Uetmatsu is a musical GOD.

Anyway... lol. I've been playing Team Fortress 2 recently. It's pretty old school, but fun nonetheless. :)

FrkyBgStok on xbl. and portal 2 might be the greatest game ever. Also playing BF3 like mad. would love to hit up coop for portal 2 again. such a badass game.

FF XIII was excellent. It took a while to get used to. People complain that the storyline is too linear unlike most Western RPG. If you don't have a lot of time playing, this type of game is best. Open ended games can take hundreds of hours to finish. FFXIII-2 is great. I really like it. Similar battle system but you now can raise monsters.

Yeah, I really love FFX as well. I heard that they are remastering it and hence FFX- HD

MW3 and BF3 for PS3. Only games that peak an interest. I cannot tell you how many hours I have logged or will log before school starts in a few months :rolleyes:

FrkyBgStok on xbl. and portal 2 might be the greatest game ever. Also playing BF3 like mad. would love to hit up coop for portal 2 again. such a badass game.

I sold Portal 2 because I couldn't find anyone to play co-op with me :(

Oh man. You need to get it back. lol. The co-op is way fun. It takes about 5 hours if you sit down and don't stop (less if you are with someone who has done it or could talk on a mic). My kids scratched my disc so I rented it and installed it onto my harddrive and now the disc works enough to play it. such a fun game.