Other Gap year PGY1 to PGY2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DrSlytherin

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently in a prelim year, I'm applying for R, A, and C programs this ERAS season. However, I'd like to not repeat an intern year, going mostly for R programs. Any thoughts of what I could do in a gap year if I matched into an advanced spot besides trying to get another prelim spot?

I was thinking I could do research or possibly work in an urgent care, since I'll be licensed by that time.
 
You can work in an urgent care (don't know how the compensation is there) or in a VA ED- I have heard the compensation is pretty decent (compared to residency), and you can make a bit more than the average mid-level in the same position.