Gen chem with lab and physics no lab in same summer session?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

unsettling manong

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, so I am trying to figure out my schedule for the second summer session at my university. I am currently signed up for General Chemistry 2 with the lab, but really want to get the physics I lecture out of the way before the regular school year starts. Is taking both classes do-able while still being able to get an A in both classes? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Both courses, Gen. Chem 2 and Phys I, require you to study very hard. Personally, I wouldn't recommend taking both of them at the same time during the summer session. But, it is "do-able".

Members don't see this ad :)
Entirely depends on you but it's likely too many hard classes over a summer semester.
If you are a wiz at Chem and math you might be able to pull As from both but it's not gonna be fun.

Also, when are you taking your physics lab?

Reactions: 1 user
Entirely depends on you but it's likely too many hard classes over a summer semester.
If you are a wiz at Chem and math you might be able to pull As from both but it's not gonna be fun.

Also, when are you taking your physics lab?

If I take both in the summer then I would take the physics lab in the regular school year. There's no way I could do both labs and lectures for both classes haha.

Sounds very doable to me, although I have no idea what your university's versions of those classes entails. Here's an idea of a similar summer session I had: did physics with lab + physiology (our biggest "weeder" course for premeds) which included (roughly) on days 1-4:
1 hour physio lecture
3.5 hour physics lab

+ 1 hour physics lecture once a week.

It was helpful that my housemate was taking the exact same classes with me, because we would just work as a team to study each class everyday, and then again at home. I thought it was very manageable, with minor clinical volunteering and lots of leisure time on top of it all.