This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Snaildog

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I recently got accepted into GFU and am really considering attending the program. There is little information online/from others that I can find. Since I interviewed with them I got a mild feel for what the program would be like.

I wanted to know how everyone else felt about the program, facility, and faculty. It would also be much appreciated if anyone who is familiar with the program/is attending the program could give me further insight.

My worry is that the program is new so there may still be some problems to work out. Also the faculty size is small and seems limited in diversity regarding their education background.

Also I wanted to know who has committed to attending the program! Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats Snaildog! I was waitlisted at GFU, but I was accepted to UPS so I will be attending there :). I personally have a couple opinions regarding the program.

PROS:
*Friendly faculty
*Downdraft cadaver tables
*Attractive curriculum
*90% first time NPTE pass rate (Pretty good for a new program I think?) - This information was given to me by Dr. Cuddeford during my interview.

CONS:
*I felt it was a little odd that the primary neuro + anatomy professor, as well as the biomech + kines professor would only be there part time. I talked with a few first years about this as Im sure many people did and they said it was completely normal after a while, but I think it is just a little bit odd personally. They also mentioned you can quickly Facetime or Skype the professors if you have any questions. This is cool, except in my opinion its just not the same as being able to walk into the professors office with face to face interactions.

Honestly that is really the main and only CON I can think of off the top of my head. If I think of anything pertinent at some point today I will be sure to edit the post and add them.

Last edited:
Congrats Snaildog! I was waitlisted at GFU, but I was accepted to UPS so I will be attending there :). I personally have a couple opinions regarding the program.

PROS:
*Friendly faculty
*Attractive curriculum
*90% first time NPTE pass rate (Pretty good for a new program I think?) - This information was given to me by Dr. Cuddeford during my interview.

CONS:
*I felt it was a little odd that the primary neuro + anatomy professor, as well as the biomech + kines professor would only be there part time. I talked with a few first years about this as Im sure many people did and they said it was completely normal after a while, but I think it is just a little bit odd personally. They also mentioned you can quickly Facetime or Skype the professors if you have any questions. This is cool, except in my opinion its just not the same as being able to walk into the professors office with face to face interactions.

Honestly that is really the main and only CON I can think of off the top of my head. If I think of anything pertinent at some point today I will be sure to edit the post and add them.

Thank you for the insight! Congrats on the acceptance! I envy the fact that you know where you will be attending in the fall.
I was waitlisted at UPS. Well at 4 different schools total. So I am kinda in this roller-coaster of what ifs haha.

Members don't see this ad :)

PROS:
*Friendly faculty
*Attractive curriculum

CONS:

Do you remember what your interview was like? What sorts of questions they asked?

Hello everyone, I recently got accepted into GFU and am really considering attending the program. There is little information online/from others that I can find. Since I interviewed with them I got a mild feel for what the program would be like.

I wanted to know how everyone else felt about the program, facility, and faculty. It would also be much appreciated if anyone who is familiar with the program/is attending the program could give me further insight.

My worry is that the program is new so there may still be some problems to work out. Also the faculty size is small and seems limited in diversity regarding their education background.

Also I wanted to know who has committed to attending the program! Thanks! :)

Do you remember your interview with GFU? What questions they asked? Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi WonderWoMegan,

Interviews are happening this week and next week so I hope that I haven't gotten back to you too late! To follow up on my original post, I did end up attending Fox's DPT program. I may be biased as I've only attended this program and no other DPT programs, but the experience here at Fox is wonderful. The professors and staff are very genuine and caring individuals. In regard to the biomechanics/kines professor as well as the Neuro/Anatomy professor teaching remotely, for the most part I don't really think about them being gone - they come to campus here and there for stretches (during finals and midterms usually). I honestly prefer having our biomech/kines professor lecture remotely. But sometimes it is a struggle having our main anatomy professor not be in the lab in person. Mainly during dissections I feel that it would be helpful to have him answer small questions in person and wander around to inspect our work, as most of us have not dissected a cadaver!

As for your question about interviews, they have sort of mixed up the interview process since I have interviewed from what I have ascertained.
This year we had about 600 applicants I believe, we are interviewing a little over 200 applicants. I can't recall exact numbers, but about that number.
You start your day by checking in during your check in time. You will get a tour of the facilities by one of the students. There is a group activity that you will be asked to do - working together with other interviewees to create something PT related. It looks like a lot of fun actually! Eventually you will eat lunch, which is actually quite yummy, not just pizza. Each person interviews at a different time. Interviews either happen in offices or in our resource room, which is just a small study room. The questions aren't too far out there. They ask you to tell them a little about yourself. Why did you pick PT. Why do you want to be a part of Fox's DPT program. At some point they will place an object in front of you. I got a paper clip, some people got a weight, a coffee stir stick, or something random like this, and you will be asked to name as many things that you could do with that object in 60 seconds. There were a few other questions that I can't quite recall, but that is the general gist of the day. The interview goes by really fast, but make sure to set your own pace. Don't feel inclined to bust out a really thought out question immediately, they appreciate you thinking about the question - just let them know you wanna gather your thoughts and they are more than willing to wait for you to reply. I think the main part of the interview is to just show them who you are while keeping a big picture of what you want to do with the profession. Which is hopefully to help and work with others!

Good luck with your interview!

Last edited:
Hi WonderWoMegan,

Interviews are happening this week and next week so I hope that I haven't gotten back to you too late! To follow up on my original post, I did end up attending Fox's DPT program. I may be biased as I've only attended this program and no other DPT programs, but the experience here at Fox is wonderful. The professors and staff are very genuine and caring individuals. In regard to the biomechanics/kines professor as well as the Neuro/Anatomy professor teaching remotely, for the most part I don't really think about them being gone - they come to campus here and there for stretches (during finals and midterms usually). I honestly prefer having our biomech/kines professor lecture remotely. But sometimes it is a struggle having our main anatomy professor not be in the lab in person. Mainly during dissections I feel that it would be helpful to have him answer small questions in person and wander around to inspect our work, as most of us have not dissected a cadaver!

As for your question about interviews, they have sort of mixed up the interview process since I have interviewed from what I have ascertained.
This year we had about 600 applicants I believe, we are interviewing a little over 200 applicants. I can't recall exact numbers, but about that number.
You start your day by checking in during your check in time. You will get a tour of the facilities by one of the students. There is a group activity that you will be asked to do - working together with other interviewees to create something PT related. It looks like a lot of fun actually! Eventually you will eat lunch, which is actually quite yummy, not just pizza. Each person interviews at a different time. Interviews either happen in offices or in our resource room, which is just a small study room. The questions aren't too far out there. They ask you to tell them a little about themselves. Why did you pick PT. Why do you want to be a part of Fox's DPT program. At some point they will place an object in front of you. I got a paper clip, some people got a weight, a coffee stir stick, or something random like this, and you will be asked to name as many things that you could do with that object in 60 seconds. There were a few other questions that I can't quite recall, but that is the general gist of the day. The interview goes by really fast, but make sure to set your own pace. Don't feel inclined to bust out a really thought out question immediately, they appreciate you thinking about the question - just let them know you wanna gather your thoughts and they are more than willing to wait for you to reply. I think the main part of the interview is to just show them who you are while keeping a big picture of what you want to do with the profession. Which is hopefully to help and work with others!

Good luck with your interview!

Also, if you like cats. Dr. Keefer-Hutchison also likes cats ;)

Also, if you like cats. Dr. Keefer-Hutchison also likes cats ;)

OMG I LOVE CATS!!! #ailurophile4life

Thank you so much for your insight! I've made myself sick with worry, trying to prepare. I'm trying to convince myself that I can only do so much, in the end I just have to be me and hope that's enough.

Is it just the one professor that teaches remotely? Is it like a big Skype session? Is there a TA present to answer questions real time?

You have no idea how much just this tid-bit of information has helped me out. Thanks so much Snaildog! Who know, maybe I'll see you this weekend?! ;)

OMG I LOVE CATS!!! #ailurophile4life

Thank you so much for your insight! I've made myself sick with worry, trying to prepare. I'm trying to convince myself that I can only do so much, in the end I just have to be me and hope that's enough.

Is it just the one professor that teaches remotely? Is it like a big Skype session? Is there a TA present to answer questions real time?

You have no idea how much just this tid-bit of information has helped me out. Thanks so much Snaildog! Who know, maybe I'll see you this weekend?! ;)

We have two professors that teach remotely in the first year. Our anatomy professor comes in through an Ipad during cadaver lab, while our director of the program actually is the TA in that class that helps in person. He answers most real time questions that are small, but most of the time for big questions we will grab our main professor off the Ipad to talk to him. We have one other professor that teaches remotely in the second year, but I won't have her in class until next year.

I'm glad I could help you out. During my application process this site helped me a lot, so it's nice to be able to give back a little. I hope your interview went well and maybe I will see you around in August!

Has anyone else got good news from Cristina yet? I got a call from her yesterday and was wondering if anyone else has been accepted too! :)

Has anyone else got good news from Cristina yet? I got a call from her yesterday and was wondering if anyone else has been accepted too! :)
Glad to see that you got in! I got a call from her yesterday too :D. I guess I'll be seeing you there this fall!

Reactions: 1 user