-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Georgetown SMP 2012-2013
Started by madieb2016
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I just recently decided to decline my acceptance for this fall - I hope it goes to one of you guys! Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Withdrew acceptance today. I hope it goes to one of you guys!!!
Hey guys,
My app for 2014 is complete as of today, but haven't gotten a review email yet. I'm applying to all the George Mason programs too and already got into the ABS (pretty sure anyone with the stats gets in).
I have a 3.18 cGPA and 2.92 sGPA with a "V" trend. Started out 3.97 GPA, transferred, went down to 2.3, back up to 3.6. Currently have all As in 17 credits. I worked full-time as a coordinator for a Medical Scribe program for the past 3 years, which screwed my gpa until I realized I had to stop working. I also do research at the Uniformed Services University med school and have a publication pending. Do you think I have a chance?
I'm applying with a GRE since I'm taking the MCAT Aug 2nd. I have a 313. 80th percentile in Verbal, 60th in Quant, and 73rd in writing.
Here's to hoping for some good news.
My app for 2014 is complete as of today, but haven't gotten a review email yet. I'm applying to all the George Mason programs too and already got into the ABS (pretty sure anyone with the stats gets in).
I have a 3.18 cGPA and 2.92 sGPA with a "V" trend. Started out 3.97 GPA, transferred, went down to 2.3, back up to 3.6. Currently have all As in 17 credits. I worked full-time as a coordinator for a Medical Scribe program for the past 3 years, which screwed my gpa until I realized I had to stop working. I also do research at the Uniformed Services University med school and have a publication pending. Do you think I have a chance?
I'm applying with a GRE since I'm taking the MCAT Aug 2nd. I have a 313. 80th percentile in Verbal, 60th in Quant, and 73rd in writing.
Here's to hoping for some good news.
Has anyone on the waitlist for Georgetown ever tried anything to "expedite" their acceptance? i.e. sending in updates (what other updates besides GPA/MCAT could you send in? Additional recommendations?), calling in to talk to the directors of the program, etc.
Any input would be appreciated. I know the waitlist moves quickly, but I was just curious.
Thanks!
Any input would be appreciated. I know the waitlist moves quickly, but I was just curious.
Thanks!
So I sent a letter of intent/interest in last week. I got a reply saying that they are only waiting on my current semester grades, and that is why I was placed on the waitlist.
From what she was saying it sounds like they don't fill the waitlist on a "continuous" basis, such as every person that withdraws their acceptance goes directly to the next person on the waitlist... it sounds like they review all the waitlisted apps after a few weeks and fill the spots that have been turned down that way.
From what she was saying it sounds like they don't fill the waitlist on a "continuous" basis, such as every person that withdraws their acceptance goes directly to the next person on the waitlist... it sounds like they review all the waitlisted apps after a few weeks and fill the spots that have been turned down that way.
If have a 3.4sGPA and low MCAT score, do you think it's beneficial to apply and attend the program?
I understand that I have to raise my MCAT no matter what, but do you think this program will still benefit me if I apply for med school this summer?
I understand that I have to raise my MCAT no matter what, but do you think this program will still benefit me if I apply for med school this summer?
Accepted yesterday, but haven't received the official email yet, only that my acceptance was recommended by the SMP committee.

You guys should move to the Georgetown 2013-2014 thread.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=992049
Waitlisted 2/21 and accepted yesterday May 8th. Deciding between here and Boston.
Hey, I was in the same position until recently. I've decided on Georgetown because the program is only 1 year, whereas I'd have to stay an extra summer if I went to BU. Even if you do a library thesis, you have to allow 2-3 months to finish it over the summer. Georgetown's program is pretty clean cut, graduating in May. Also, I'm applying to med school this year and Georgetown encourages that, even giving us a list of schools to apply to. I didn't get the feeling BU encouraged same-year application.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there anyone here who did the SMP, and ended up at Georgetown Med in the MD program? It'd be great to hear your experience and why you thought you were ultimately successful as compared to those who were not accepted to the MD program after the SMP.
Just as a heads up, you do not need the MCAT... I am currently in the program (procrastinating studying for a cardiopulmonary exam), and have yet to take the MCAT. I applied late in the cycle w/ pretty good GRE scores and somehow managed to get in, so it's worth applying. I believe there are a few others in the same boat here as well. Preparing adequately for the MCAT during the program though would be virtually impossible, IMHO. I'm taking it after the program ends, and applying shortly thereafter. Hope that helps.
Can you please share your GRE score stats?
So I sent a letter of intent/interest in last week. I got a reply saying that they are only waiting on my current semester grades, and that is why I was placed on the waitlist.
From what she was saying it sounds like they don't fill the waitlist on a "continuous" basis, such as every person that withdraws their acceptance goes directly to the next person on the waitlist... it sounds like they review all the waitlisted apps after a few weeks and fill the spots that have been turned down that way.
Have you heard back from the SMP program?
What were your stats?
Waitlisted 2/21 and accepted yesterday May 8th. Deciding between here and Boston.
What were your stats?
Hi all,
I was just accepted into this program yesterday after being waitlisted 🙂 they were waiting for my MCAT score so I guessed they were pleased hah. I'll probably be starting here unless Tulane's ACP program accepts me soon, but anyway just letting you know the waitlist is still moving!
I was just accepted into this program yesterday after being waitlisted 🙂 they were waiting for my MCAT score so I guessed they were pleased hah. I'll probably be starting here unless Tulane's ACP program accepts me soon, but anyway just letting you know the waitlist is still moving!
Your stats please
Hi all,
I was just accepted into this program yesterday after being waitlisted 🙂 they were waiting for my MCAT score so I guessed they were pleased hah. I'll probably be starting here unless Tulane's ACP program accepts me soon, but anyway just letting you know the waitlist is still moving!
Your stats please
Have you heard back from the SMP program?
I am still waitlisted, sent an email last week to see where I am. Hoping the fact that I'm still on the waitlist and not rejected off it is a good sign..
Hi everyone, I just got accepted to this program a few weeks ago. If anyone is looking for a roommate (22 year old male), let me know.
edit
Last edited:
I'm declining the program due to an acceptance to the University of Cincinnati SMP, which I've decided I prefer for several reasons.
When did u apply to Cincinnati SMP?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad