Getting Letters of Rec While Reapplying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ToothyBoi

Reaction score
In the event that I have to reapply, I'm trying to figure out the best way to go about getting more letters of recommendation. I could apply for a Master's degree. However, I don't really want to pursue this for two years, although it would be partly due to be able to get more letters of rec.

What have other people done when they reapply when it comes to letters? Just ask the previous writers? Do they get brand new letters from a Master's (or other continuing course work)?

Members don't see this ad.

In the event that I have to reapply, I'm trying to figure out the best way to go about getting more letters of recommendation. I could apply for a Master's degree. However, I don't really want to pursue this for two years, although it would be partly due to be able to get more letters of rec.

What have other people done when they reapply when it comes to letters? Just ask the previous writers? Do they get brand new letters from a Master's (or other continuing course work)?

It took me 4 cycles to get accepted. (I only applied to one school the last 3). I used the same letter writers every time. I would ask them if they would submit a new letter for me each year by email. I would update them on what I was doing and they would make minor modifications to their letters accordingly (or so they said). If you are in school and you feel that you have a professor who may write a better letter than one of your previous letter writers, then by all means take a chance with a new letter, but otherwise just stay in touch with the folks that have done your previous letters.

I felt pretty good about my letter writers, so I was comfortable with using them each year.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
It took me 4 cycles to get accepted. (I only applied to one school the last 3). I used the same letter writers every time. I would ask them if they would submit a new letter for me each year by email. I would update them on what I was doing and they would make minor modifications to their letters accordingly (or so they said). If you are in school and you feel that you have a professor who may write a better letter than one of your previous letter writers, then by all means take a chance with a new letter, but otherwise just stay in touch with the folks that have done your previous letters.

I felt pretty good about my letter writers, so I was comfortable with using them each year.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thanks for responding, this actually does give me some more clarity on what to do. And congratulations on your acceptance!

Store their Letters on interfolio website, that's what I did.